MINT

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

MINT

Post by jjttdw »

I will preface this minor rant by saying that I have never bought anything through this board that was not in the exact condition listed by the seller. In at least two instances flaws were disclosed that I either did not view as flaws or I could not see.

mint: adj. Undamaged as if freshly minted: The painting was in mint condition.

Just like me, I'm sure plenty of people on this board bought items that were represented as mint but arrive with dents and dings that were obvious to the naked eye. I once bought a Zappatista print that was listed on eBay as being in the "Mint Condition." The pictures were of high enough resolution that I thought I could see that one of the corners was bent. I asked the seller about that corner and was told it was a shadow. The print arrived and the corner was bent. It wasn't the end of the world and I probably would have bought the print anyway but it p!ssed me off. Just tell the truth.

What prompted the rant? This listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171132081450?ss ... 1423.l2649

"Condition: Mint condition"

It sure looks to me like 3 of the 4 corners visible in the first photo are dinged. Am I blind? I certainly don't expect older Obey prints to be minty fresh but is it too much to ask for a little honesty?

--end rant--
toyroom
Giant

Re: MINT

Post by toyroom »

I also noticed to the right of the star icon using the mouse zoom feature, there is a protruding dent. Still probably worth a few bux.

"This print is actually signed as an Artist Proof so it's even more unique."

Probably would be more "unique" if it were numbered. :wink:
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

toyroom wrote:I also noticed to the right of the star icon using the mouse zoom feature, there is a protruding dent. Still probably worth a few bux.

"This print is actually signed as an Artist Proof so it's even more unique."

Probably would be more "unique" if it were numbered. :wink:
It didn't sell. Someone had a bid on it but pulled the bid back. Had it been listed honestly I might have bought it at $250.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

So I asked to seller if the left edge was damaged as the photos seem to indicate. Seller: yes. Was the listing edited? No. Its a shame sine I've been looking for one of these and I fell asleep on the last one that sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151139056496?ss ... 1423.l2649

While it is not listed as "Mint" the condition is listed as "New Unused, no Holes, tears or creases." I expect this one will be relisted.

I think I can now let this thread die now that I've expressed my dismay 3x. It makes me appreciate the transactions I've had through this board with its excellent and honest board members. Its nice not having to ask for photos and search for undeclared damage.