Get it out of the raffle thread thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Get it out of the raffle thread thread

Post by stuckeyc37 »

All right whyhoo and summoner we can continue the discussion here if you want
bdavenport
punk

Re: Get it out of the raffle thread thread

Post by bdavenport »

Just curious why you even care OR think you have any say in it. 1. This is a raffle. If I won a tv I would sell either my current tv or the one I received from the raffle. Why? Because it is mine to do as I wish. 2. You aren't running the raffle so have no claim or stake in how it is run. If you don't like that someone is in the raffle, leave the raffle. 3. Keeping number one and number two in mind how does this not come across as you being anything other than a whiner/troll?

All that said I have never had a problem with anything you have said here and feel like this is kind of out of character for you.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

bdavenport wrote:All that said I have never had a problem with anything you have said here and feel like this is kind of out of character for you.
I do not concur.

BTW, how did the move go?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

bdavenport wrote: All that said I have never had a problem with anything you have said here and feel like this is kind of out of character for you.
agreed, i've never had a stuckey problem. as far as i knew hew was one of the normal folks (as 'normal' as you'd consider any of us!)
on point like a decimalist?
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it is more about the concept of flipping....a subject that has been beaten to death IMO. While I understand why people are bothered by flipping I couldn't care less. If Obey wants to catch and ban people for the practice so be it. As for me, I picked up a Marley from someone flipping after I got shut out on the drop and I'm not butt hurt in the least. :D
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

summoner wrote:
bdavenport wrote:All that said I have never had a problem with anything you have said here and feel like this is kind of out of character for you.
I do not concur.

BTW, how did the move go?
Move went great. Love the new job and Maine is awesome!
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

its not entirely about flipping although i am very much against the instaflip. its about buying MULTIPLE copies to flip. summoner has one in hand (the one ebay) one coming from obey so why not let someone who genuinely wants one and got shut out have a chance at getting one in the raffle? i am merely putting the info out there and folks can judge him, as well as myself however they see fit. I think it screams a lack of class, and honestly if summoner didnt feel atleast a little off about it, why gets so defensive when the info comes to light? perhaps he knows that if obey found out he was buying multiples then he would get refunded or gasp put on the dreaded blacklist. he thinks i am stalking him but the only posts i ever make having anything to do with him are when he buys multiple copies
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Your assumptions are mind boggling.
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

Well, your auction has pics of the actual print so that one is either in hand or you are using someone elses pic. You posted that you scored one on eb and there is no way you got it that quick. No matter the info is out there so the court of public opinion is already judging us both. I am fine with that. Good luck on your flip.

Oh and fwiw the "flipper group" on eb has nothing to do with sales submitted or anything. Its more of a joke. Much like the title Still not sure how I got in there but I am also apparently in the obey group,pow group and some others and I never signed up for any.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

stuckeyc37 wrote:Well, your auction has pics of the actual print so that one is either in hand or you are using someone elses pic. You posted that you scored one on eb and there is no way you got it that quick. No matter the info is out there so the court of public opinion is already judging us both. I am fine with that. Good luck on your flip.

Oh and fwiw the "flipper group" on eb has nothing to do with sales submitted or anything. Its more of a joke. Much like the title Still not sure how I got in there but I am also apparently in the obey group,pow group and some others and I never signed up for any.

i love being labeled "flipper" - that way no one can b!tch when they see me selling something they sold me (not that anyone with that argument has a leg to stand on in the first place :lol: )
on point like a decimalist?
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

stuckeyc37 wrote:its not entirely about flipping although i am very much against the instaflip. its about buying MULTIPLE copies to flip. summoner has one in hand (the one ebay) one coming from obey so why not let someone who genuinely wants one and got shut out have a chance at getting one in the raffle? i am merely putting the info out there and folks can judge him, as well as myself however they see fit. I think it screams a lack of class, and honestly if summoner didnt feel atleast a little off about it, why gets so defensive when the info comes to light? perhaps he knows that if obey found out he was buying multiples then he would get refunded or gasp put on the dreaded blacklist. he thinks i am stalking him but the only posts i ever make having anything to do with him are when he buys multiple copies
Why is this your responsibility? Why do you WANT people to judge him or you? It seems that you are framing this as some sort if altruistic public service, but I don't see it. Please help me understand the logic and reason. BEHIND the actions. You think it screams lack of class. Others could say the same about your actions. What makes yours more or less righteous than his?
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

it is my responsibility to speak up when i see things i dont agree with. Everyone is constantly judging so the more information available to base their judgement on is a good thing. I am sure plenty of people will think my actions will scream lack of class, I am not worried about that (though I do wish I didnt post it in the raffle thread). Then you have the following from the artists own website which I tend to think is more in line with my take on it:

"For Screen Print releases we automatically refund orders of 2 or more prints due to our “1 per customer/household limit” – No questions asked, No exceptions. To avoid this in the future, do not hit the submit button more than once even though it looks like the first submit didn’t take."

"All Edition prints (numbered Screen prints and Offsets) are limited to 1 per Person and/or Household. NO EXCEPTIONS."

" EBAY'ers and EBAY Flippers are not welcomed. If suspected and caught of Ebaying prints your order will be automatically refunded and you will no longer be permitted to purchase from OBEY GIANT.

Shepard and the rest of us at OBEY are overwhelmed by the stories we hear about how much people are paying for prints on EBAY the same day as they are released on our site. We are, like most people, are disheartened and disgusted with the situation. We are taking responsibility for the Ebay situation and have taken action against those who simply purchase prints to instantly auction on Ebay for the highest price. There is a difference between a print collector who purchases a print, archives it for months, years even, then decides to barter or sell a piece with the intention of getting more cherished artwork THAN a "collector" who purchases a print then has it posted on Ebay before the print is actually received in hand or the moment they receive it the mail. We do believe such action is wrong and unjust AND we stand by what we believe and are proud of our mission to keep OBEY accessible to all. "