little help reporting a scumbag eBay counterfeiter

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
shadytony
Punk

little help reporting a scumbag eBay counterfeiter

Post by shadytony »

if you have some free time on your hands please join me in reporting this guy that is selling printer copies of just about every OG print

http://www.ebay.com/sch/browrock5809/m. ... 7675.l2562

cheers,
T
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: little help reporting a scumbag eBay counterfeiter

Post by jjttdw »

Some dude from Moldova was doing the same thing a while back and it appears that someone from the Russian Federation is also doing it.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Whilst not condoning it , whoever it is is making it plain that they are copies ...and most if not all are selling for £1, hardly a money spinner really?

Save your ire for whoever is clogging up the Ebay pages with the "mini poster" selling racket, which is just pages ripped out of books.
shadytony
Punk

Post by shadytony »

jjttdw wrote:Some dude from Moldova was doing the same thing a while back and it appears that someone from the Russian Federation is also doing it.
yep, I've reported the Moldova guy a few times. If enough people do it, the auctions will get yanked and hopefully he'll realize it's not worth his time to keep relisting. The time I waste wading through this crepe justifies making a few reports :D

The mini-poster racket isn't technically illegal as long as it's disclosed. It's slimy but not directly infringing on an artist's work. Making copies on a Epson printer is a whole new ball of slime. The more bad copies that we allow to float around on the market diminishes our collections as a whole. Nobody is going to want to start collecting if people start to question the authenticity of what's listed for sale.

I'll agree that they guy's not getting rich off it, but I'm willing to make it more of a hassle than it's worth for him :lol:

also, I can't fit any more 'ignore' keywords in my search string

(fairey, obey) -shirt -mini -sweatshirt -tee-pin -pants -mens -ipod -dress -swordfish -model -modelling -stickers -cap -Chauvet -sticker -size -snapback -strapback -topps -deck -tank -womens -girls -brainwash -canvas -necklace -iphone -ACCESSORIES -shorts -body -page -hat -jacket (poster, print)
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer

Post by sweetjesus »

jjttdw wrote:Some dude from Moldova was doing the same thing a while back and it appears that someone from the Russian Federation is also doing it.

for the record...it ain't me. Dudes like that suck.
shadytony
Punk

Post by shadytony »

FYI - this guy's currently got nothing for sale so it looks like the experiment was successful