Valuation question

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Valuation question

Post by pennylesspig »

I don't know if I'm allowed to post eBay links here, but what's the going rate for a piece like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHEPARD-FAIREY- ... 280a15f8ef
It's a stencil collage on paper work of the Peace Elephant image. $25k? 35k? I want to put in an offer but $50k sounds off for this medium, even if the image is strong.
vvk
Giant

Re: Valuation question

Post by vvk »

very nice piece been on the hunt for one of those for a while. I def cant afford 50 K though
maybe they would trade.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

if i remember correctly, this image but the canvas version was $25K at the time..... -can't remember what the paper versions were going for. 8-10K if I had to guess. - hope that helps.... ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

Of course there is "at the time" pricing and pricing today. Probably $35k-40k or so, just offering that up. This is a stencil collage painting after all and not an HPM.
JErikR
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Doesn't seem like eBay would be the best place to move a piece of that caliber.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

DunDun wrote:Doesn't seem like eBay would be the best place to move a piece of that caliber.
I bet it is cheap advertising for a buyer to close a deal off eBay.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

On a related note, throw down cash for a killer Shepard Fairey original painting or get a Banksy print for about the same price.
JErikR
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

A canvas bigger than that is less than 50k in primary and piece on paper about the same size is less than 20k. Is 25k too little for the Peace Elephant?
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Was just going through some older emails and this VERY similar to to one that was being shopped around the bay area around September for 36K .

just like real estate .. buyers are the ones who usually determine final prices.
It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds and would like to know how much (if it actually did sell) for in September and how much its sells for now.

Still one Of my favorites (the other being WBN), I wish i could afford to spend that kind of money on a piece .
Maybe 1 day.