Paypal

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
nixon451
Giant

Paypal

Post by nixon451 »

it takes 21 days to get paid now?
Am I reading that right?
easycraig
Giant

Re: Paypal

Post by easycraig »

i think it depends on how much feedback you have with your ebay/paypal account. if you don't have much (less than 120 or so, i think they hold your money, but i thought it was closer to 2 weeks... ) -maybe they have bumped it up?
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

21 days is a long time. :lol:
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Yeah seems long for sure. I opened s separate account a bit ago do I could keep business and personal seperate.
Seemed like I finally got funds available after 30 days. Which was surprising as they had my cc info and bank account info on file.
They do this to protect the buyer, or at least that's what the want us to think. But isn't a cc and bank account enough? It seems to be fine for stub hub.

Does anyone know the amount of interest money That PayPal makes on the overnight lending market .
Let alone how much they make when they the tie up your money in a 1 month cd.

Btw. Disclosure.. I have small investments in PayPal and square.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

It appears 21 days is the new standard.

It's a bit much, since they are telling me to send an item to someone with zero feedback who joined Ebay the same day they purchased my item.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

Yea PayPal has been pretty shady since separating themselves from EBay. If the buyer has submitted the payment on EBay you'll get it (that's guaranteed), it just sucks that PayPal waits so long to release it to you.

It's been hit or miss though. Since December I've had 2 or 3 payments process within a few days. And then I had a few that took a few weeks.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

just to confirm, its takes long for payments to go through for new accounts only , right?

It seems as on my business account, money goes through instantly, unless the buyer has done a echeck payment, it which it takes about 4-5 days to clear
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

vvk wrote:just to confirm, its takes long for payments to go through for new accounts only , right?

It seems as on my business account, money goes through instantly, unless the buyer has done a echeck payment, it which it takes about 4-5 days to clear
I believe it depends on both your feedback as a seller and the buyers feedback as well. If you have a high seller rating, but the buyer has a low buyer rating it can take longer. I think.

It seems like that is what happened in my case. The buyers with higher ratings went through right away and the buyers with lower ratings took some time.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

This is a personal account that I've had for over 10 years.

When Ebay owned paypal, many times they told me to hold off on shipping until they confirmed something, when it was a new buyer. I guess since they no longer control both sides of the transaction that step is no longer required.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

jesus! ( i was raised catholic, otherwize i would of said budda or alah or something) That is just is just crazy. thats a long time to wait for money on a long standing established account.
nixon451 wrote:This is a personal account that I've had for over 10 years.

When Ebay owned paypal, many times they told me to hold off on shipping until they confirmed something, when it was a new buyer. I guess since they no longer control both sides of the transaction that step is no longer required.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

you know... I was just thinking about a situation that happened awhile ago...
Maybe about 3-6 months ago I noticed tha Pay pal Automatically switched my account seetings without me knowing or consenting. i think they said it was part of thee expanded servoces that they offered their clients , to help protect them.

When I bought something from ebay, Pay pal would not subtract the money from my account till about 5 days after i recived it the item( whoch could be anywhere from 3-30 days, depending on when the seller shipped the item). though I appreciated the extra safety precaution ( incase someone was trying to burn me with a fake product or something) but then I though how it could also affect the chancing of me scoring when I bought something on the obey site or a different timed quick strike collection.

after some digging around, I was able to find the setting where i was able to revert back to instant Pay.

I did not think much of it as i wrote it off as another way pay pal was scamming m people to get more interst money, as they float money. But now i wonder if it is the same thing happening to you guys?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

You're talking about pay after delivery? This never impacts a seller, is a service from paypal for the buyer. Paypal is not taking a loan from anyone in this case, its actually the one providing the loan to you for 2 weeks or so (giving time to confirm everything went well, hence 'pay after delivery')

In regards to receiving money, You don't get it right away because you need to sell more things regularly to be established/trusted, especially if your activity is different than it has been in the recent past. That being said, once you ser the item is delivered call paypal and they'll release your monies.
on point like a decimalist?