Obedience Problems Edition Size

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
Cookie Head
Giant

Obedience Problems Edition Size

Post by Cookie Head »

Ducky has an Obedience Problems which is listed as an edition of 140, as is the info in the Wiki. I have one the is numbered out of 100, and the other EB listings of sold items are out of 100. Can anyone (Robotoil?) verify the correct edition size. My other 1999 prints are out of 100.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Nope, I have the 2000 re-issue AP. Someone with the original fashizzle needs to step up. The 1999 releases were generally out of editions of 140, though not all I believe as that was a transition period in edition sizes.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

i know we have it, but i am not sure if it is the original or reissue. i'll check when i get home!
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

robotoil wrote: The 1999 releases were generally out of editions of 140, though not all I believe as that was a transition period in edition sizes.

I just looked throught the 1999 print section and almost all of them are listed as out of 100.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Yeah, your right. I just looked too. I guess the 140s started with 'The Medium is the Message' series in 1999.

Will someone delete the 'Double Face' entry. That is a reference to "Samual" no doubt.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

well, it appears that my OP is also an AP. does anyone have a numbered edition?!

for the record, and i believe the wiki needs to be updated with this info, adam talked to shepard about the OP re-issues, and apparently there are none. the print took awhile to sell out, which is why some of them (like ours) are signed 2000 instead of 1999. note that robotoil's AP is also signed 2000, this is probably because APs are generally sold at the very end, and the year had switched over. shepard said that, in the past, his practice was to sign whatever the current year was on the print, instead of signing the year it was actually produced. to sum: anyone with an obedience problems print has the original run, not a re-issue, according to shepard's memory.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Ill, great info!
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

robotoil wrote:Ill, great info!

Nice. I'm farily certain that this is a run of 100 in the original.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

I spoke with Jerry today and he checked his print and it is numbered 100/100. The Wiki needs to be corrected.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

corrected, thanks much :)