WARNING - Credit Card Fraud.

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
robotoil
Giant

WARNING - Credit Card Fraud.

Post by robotoil »

See http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?t=1744

Basically, a lot of us are being hit with credit card fraud. The only place we can all agree we bought from with these cards is ICONOCLAST. While we do not know for sure that the fraud started there, if you made a purchase there for the "Soup Can", it would behoove you to check your banking transactions!
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

If you are any of these people, please check your credit card account for unauthorized transactions:

robotoil
misano
distract
ChapPKP
Bonesy
johnstonamerica
speedoguy
JTK
pogue79
henna
smartussi
Marilyn
TinManOne
somethingcorp904
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

I never worry about this kind of stuff...
I always use a prepaid debit card when I buy stuf online
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

I am a little worried now i don't even remember what card I used...
Check Out my EBAY Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchappkp
JTK
Swindler

Post by JTK »

Yep! They got me!! Received a call from my credit card co. this morning. Several thousands of dollars have been charged! Props to the credit card company for spotting the suspicious activity.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

ChapPKP wrote:I am a little worried now i don't even remember what card I used...

If it helps, your order confirmation would have been sent by office@iconoclastusa.com and it contains the last 4 digits of the card.
oxford26
Posse

Post by oxford26 »

I called my credit card company to let them know that others have experienced a problem with the Iconoclast site. I would recommend you doing the same. Not only does it give them a heads up (and hopefully get them to be more vigilant monitoring your card) it also may help them catch the bums who are using these numbers.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Has someone already contacted Iconoclast? It makes their shipping problems look like a walk in the park. I hope they find out where the problem is and deal with it in a bayonets type style.

I just sent Iconoclast an email.

"A large number of Shepard Fairey fans who bought the "Soup Can" from you are being hit with credit card fraud. The common thread is Iconoclast. Go to thegiant.org and see for yourself. You have a problem somewhere."
Last edited by robotoil on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

I sent them an email earlier today with a link to the other thread.
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

i sent an email also ... i bet they aren't having the best day now.
Iconoclast
Punk

Credit Card Issues

Post by Iconoclast »

Several people just emailed us about potential credit card problems. We greatly appreciate those who contacted us and encourage ALL of our clients to contact us about anything, anytime. Please know that I am personally looking into this and promise that if any mechanical error occurred on our end, you WILL be credited. If our credit card processing has been compromised, we WILL correct that, credit you, and take action against those who are responsible.

What would be very helpful is if everyone who ordered from us AND who had fraudulent charges made on their cards could email me directly: cstrike@iconoclastusa.com. I need to know the amount charged, the date, and from whom the charge was made [was it iconoclast, or someone else?]. I will personally handle this expeditiously.

Believe me, I understand and appreciate that you, our clients, are our most valuable asset, and that I will pursue this with a vengeance.

Always
Christian Strike
Iconoclast
cstrike@iconoclastusa.com
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Re: Credit Card Issues

Post by McKenna »

Iconoclast wrote:What would be very helpful is if everyone who ordered from us AND who had fraudulent charges made on their cards could email me directly: cstrike@iconoclastusa.com. I need to know the amount charged, the date, and from whom the charge was made [was it iconoclast, or someone else?]. I will personally handle this expeditiously.

Hi Christian, It's great that you guys are looking into this. When you say you want to know the amount charged and the date, are you talking about our orders with Iconoclast, or the fraudulent charges?
Iconoclast
Punk

Credit card issues

Post by Iconoclast »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I need to know info about the fraudulent charges: who charged you, the date, the amount and anything else that might be helpful.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

i purchased the soup can as well (i wasnt on the list) and my credit card was used to charge $700-800 on radioshack.com and something around $50 to ancestry.com

both charges were caught by washington mutual and my card was closed out/cancelled.
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

add me to the list, I've been on the phone all day.
avoid disappointment and future regret
starvingstudent
Posse

Post by starvingstudent »

When did all these fraudulant charges take place? I just bought my soup can last week and now I am concerned that someone out there will use my financial aid money to buy something other than OG prints.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Mine started 12/15 and as I said in a prior post are still ongoing thru today on my cancelled card.
starvingstudent
Posse

Thanks, I called up my bank and so far nothing. I put a watch on my account too. I feel like there is a few hundred that is unaccounted for. But I won't be sure until I see my statement.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

i would honestly just cancel the card. they already have your card #, so don't risk it. depending on your bank, a new one should come in the mail within a week...
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
starvingstudent
Posse

BTW how long did it take to get your soup can? I am really excited about this print and that it was still available.

After seeing the Magritte exhibit in LA, I have reason to believe that this will be one of the most important Shepard Fairey prints. There were so many artists that were merely paying homage to Magritte that made the exhibit. This print will be no different, but history will tell. I know there are people that will argue that there are more iconic Obey images (and I definitely see the validity with that point also).

Now I need to cancel my credit card....
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

They are slow on the shipping.
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

All this shite is freaking me out. I never had this kinda crepe happen to me before. Should I be as freaked out as I am? Is anyone else freaking out more than they are letting on???? This blows.
avoid disappointment and future regret
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Yup...I'm more annoyed than freaking out....at least this was caught early
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

submit wrote:All this shite is freaking me out. I never had this kinda crepe happen to me before. Should I be as freaked out as I am? Is anyone else freaking out more than they are letting on???? This blows.

If you paid with a credit card it's not that big a deal. It's just a pain in the buttocks.
starvingstudent
Posse

I agree. Anytime there has been fraud on my card they have caught it and haven't charged me. In fact I had an Amex card cancelled on me when I was driving cross country because they thought someone stole my card and was using it.
I had my social security card, birth certificate and pasport stolen out of my car a few years back and that worries a hell of alot more.