90s prints on ebay

Classified ads for those selling merchandise on external sites.
ISWYDT.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
User avatar
admonkey
King of the Jungle
 
Posts: 11310
Joined: Nov 25, 2006
Location: The Ad Jungle

cybernigel wrote:
bdavenport wrote:I could see this getting close to $10k.


Closed at $4404 . I like this image better than Must/Nav. But for a few folks it seems Must/Nav was a must have.


Dis obey > dat obey
bsharp
Posse
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Dec 21, 2017


bigfuntimeuse wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/255530403329?


Holy SH!T. How did I miss that. Good price IMO
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

I thought all y'all would have been on this, so I didn't bother sharing when I saw the auction.

IMO a great image. Definitely would have gone for more if it wasn't mounted. That's what turned me off anyway, maybe I'm too picky on a print that old and hard to find.
bsharp
Posse
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Dec 21, 2017

Dry mounted, yes. The money spent to un-f it up wouldn't be a ton though. Almost everything I've sent to a conservator through the years has cost less than I expected.
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

Curious who ended up with it. I bid with 3s left, was the high bidder, and lost by $50 with 1s left. Well played.
Sdjosh
Punk
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Apr 9, 2016

never seen this one before....not even in the list here. It is even period signed. I'd bet there are only a handful of these around.
[url]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185454345726?h ... SwB5ViniYR[/url]


WOW...a bunch of good stuff up....

1993 Andre Hendrix - Unsigned

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144589422050?hash=item21aa337de2:g:bdoAAOSwIGpinXv0

1996 Bomber
[url]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144589397117?h ... Sw~DBinXXt[/url]
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

jjttdw wrote:never seen this one before....not even in the list here. It is even period signed. I'd bet there are only a handful of these around.
[url]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185454345726?h ... SwB5ViniYR[/url]


WOW...a bunch of good stuff up....

1993 Andre Hendrix - Unsigned

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144589422050?hash=item21aa337de2:g:bdoAAOSwIGpinXv0

1996 Bomber
[url]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144589397117?h ... Sw~DBinXXt[/url]


Three large for the first one listed will not happen.
_______________________________
collection/others.php?u=20
User avatar
brintoul
Giant
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Feb 25, 2006
Location: San Diego


Super d!ckish. I’d pay 850 for it. I think that print has a better chance at 3k then bomber does at 1850. That bomber has enough damage to merit a $1k+ reduction
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

What’s the problem? The 850 one is unsigned and from a different seller. The 3k one is signed and numbered but damaged.
bsharp
Posse
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Dec 21, 2017

bsharp wrote:What’s the problem? The 850 one is unsigned and from a different seller. The 3k one is signed and numbered but damaged.


I thought it was the same seller. Odd that two images that are so uncommon pop up close to the same time. I'd rather have the unsigned, non-jacked up copy.
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7259
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

I've seen a few unnumbered prints recently. Was it common for Shep to sign but not number?
User avatar
simococo
Swindler
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mar 2, 2008

simococo wrote:I've seen a few unnumbered prints recently. Was it common for Shep to sign but not number?


A lot of these I think are from the same seller.

They were unsigned and unnumbered, and he got Shep to sign them later.
The seller is based out of Montreal and I was not surprised that they popped up after the Montreal show.

I sold a few older prints to that guy a couple years ago at a good price and he ended up flipping them less than a week later. I’m bitter about it.
bsharp
Posse
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Dec 21, 2017

Thanks for the info

Appreciate it
User avatar
simococo
Swindler
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mar 2, 2008

Shep will tell you that most old unsigned prints are ill-gotten and leave a bad taste in his mouth. They may be legit prints, but were usually grabbed by ex-employees on their way out the door. Due to that, I avoid purchasing them.
Last edited by cybernigel on Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7259
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

Reminds me of the Banksy backdoor print shenanigans
User avatar
simococo
Swindler
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Mar 2, 2008

User avatar
Cookie Head
Giant
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Location: LALALALALA

Yeah mine.

Know its not appropriate thread, but have question about Urban Renewal series :| Have about 5 I'm going to list.

My "Osaka Billboard" has a red banner on bottom vs green that is typically represented.

The red always made much more sense to me given series... anyone know story here?
User avatar
WestSeaKenny
Punk
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Nov 10, 2021
Location: West Seattle

WestSeaKenny wrote:Yeah mine.

Know its not appropriate thread, but have question about Urban Renewal series :| Have about 5 I'm going to list.

My "Osaka Billboard" has a red banner on bottom vs green that is typically represented.

The red always made much more sense to me given series... anyone know story here?


I have nothing to add beyond that I agree the red makes more sense and it is obviously a variant. Is it an AP? Is the Urban Renewal in the lower right in green or red? Also, does the sky have green or red?
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

jjttdw wrote:
WestSeaKenny wrote:Yeah mine.

Know its not appropriate thread, but have question about Urban Renewal series :| Have about 5 I'm going to list.

My "Osaka Billboard" has a red banner on bottom vs green that is typically represented.

The red always made much more sense to me given series... anyone know story here?


I have nothing to add beyond that I agree the red makes more sense and it is obviously a variant. Is it an AP? Is the Urban Renewal in the lower right in green or red? Also, does the sky have green or red?


SYB has that variant too, and it's not an AP.
https://www.soakyourbuns.com/shepard-fa ... 81&pid=109
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7259
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

For reference:

Standard Print:
Imag

Mine:
Imag
User avatar
WestSeaKenny
Punk
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Nov 10, 2021
Location: West Seattle

Yours is better IMO. Numbered and not an AP which makes me wonder how many of each was screened. Maybe the green is less common.
User avatar
jjttdw
Mono Enojado
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Jan 5, 2011
Location: Dixie

Previous

Return to Off-site Commerce!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stuckeyc37 and 1 guest