Rage Against the Machine

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Rage Against the Machine

Post by conartstudio »

Rage Against the Machine is up to something.... tour? new album? public enemy involvement?

countdown clock -> http://prophetsofrage.com

https://twitter.com/RATM/status/732620581116469249
http://variety.com/2016/music/news/rage ... 201777973/

ciphe
Posse

Re: Rage Against the Machine

Post by ciphe »

yes!
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

Nice!!! Saw them at Rock the Bells 07 in SF/LA.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

Sweet.

Thx for the heads up!
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

RATM Reunion? Nope

Found this on Pollstar.com

Members of Rage Against the Machine will reunite this summer without Zack de la Rocha, creating a new band with Chuck D and B-Real called Prophets of Rage

Yes, you heard that right. Zach de la Rocha and Rage Against the Machine are not getting back together. Instead, a band that includes guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford, and drummer Brad Wilk will tour with the Public Enemy and Cypress Hill frontmen as their singers, Amplify has learned from industry sources. Ken Levitan with Vector Management is said to be managing the band, which will perform songs by all three groups. There is no word on whether a new album is being planned.
A cryptic tweet from Rage Against The Machine’s Twitter account was sent out yesterday, foreshadowing a band man many believe might include Zach de la Rocha. A website created for Prophets of Rage was set up and promptly crashed.
According to sources, the band is currently wrapping up their touring plans. An email sent out to fans read “Clear the Way for Prophets of Rage” and “The Party is Over Summer of 2016″ with the hashtag #takethepowerback
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

notudon wrote:RATM Reunion? Nope

Found this on Pollstar.com

Members of Rage Against the Machine will reunite this summer without Zack de la Rocha, creating a new band with Chuck D and B-Real called Prophets of Rage

Yes, you heard that right. Zach de la Rocha and Rage Against the Machine are not getting back together. Instead, a band that includes guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford, and drummer Brad Wilk will tour with the Public Enemy and Cypress Hill frontmen as their singers, Amplify has learned from industry sources. Ken Levitan with Vector Management is said to be managing the band, which will perform songs by all three groups. There is no word on whether a new album is being planned.
A cryptic tweet from Rage Against The Machine’s Twitter account was sent out yesterday, foreshadowing a band man many believe might include Zach de la Rocha. A website created for Prophets of Rage was set up and promptly crashed.
According to sources, the band is currently wrapping up their touring plans. An email sent out to fans read “Clear the Way for Prophets of Rage” and “The Party is Over Summer of 2016″ with the hashtag #takethepowerback
Well this just ruined my morning ... they need Zack
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

profits of rage
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

destroyeric wrote:profits of rage
I see what you did there
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

more like:

Prophets for Profits
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

conartstudio wrote:
more like:

Prophets for Profits
Now thats funny! I was thinking " Rage for Profits"

however thats not fair! all these guys have done a amazing amount of non paying work to help the great good!
being a musician is how they eat. and all the more power to them. its buffet time!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

vvk wrote:
conartstudio wrote:
more like:

Prophets for Profits
Now thats funny! I was thinking " Rage for Profits"

however thats not fair! all these guys have done a amazing amount of non paying work to help the great good!
being a musician is how they eat. and all the more power to them. its buffet time!
considering how much the "band" is charging for tix at amphitheaters and arenas ($90-100), i think i am being perfectly fair. if they were playing smaller clubs, or maybe if it was an actual rage reunion, then i wouldn't have a problem with the price but for large venues and no zack? no thanks. i have a had time believing they will sell out their shows at the prices they are charging.

they can charge whatever they want, but if they are trying to market themselves as "the people's voice," as a politician would do, then they should be able to take the criticism of that fact that they are looking to pad their wallets... and they are getting a sh!t ton of criticism over the prices on their Facebook page.