David Choe Mini-Print Giveaway

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

David Choe Mini-Print Giveaway

Post by Gigantico »

In honor of the Choe Show, I have a few of these mini-prints to give away. Dave sent me a few of these when I ordered my blanket (which is extremely nice and extremely soft if you're on the fence). Pick a number between 1-5000 AND post a message OR photo of something you did kind for someone (both # and kind act required). The closest 3 people will get one of these. Pic is of the front and back of the print. One entry per forum member and I'll pick the winners AT HIGH NOON AZ SONORAN DESERT TIME next Saturday. Good luck and thanks in advance for what you do.

Last edited by Gigantico on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Re: David Choe Mini-Print Giveaway

Post by samuraiwriter »

Very nice gesture!

Took mine on a reconnaissance mission to Guadalajara. Started off as a bookmark for The Stranger and became a Flat Stanley of sorts. Being Homeless Romantics is like a lifestyle for me and my wife.

Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Nice!

This is the worst giveaway thread ever, LOL! Either no one wants these or no one feels like sharing anything. Not looking for the next Mother Theresa (although that would be nice!). Maybe you fed your kids some Cheerios or you just told your significant other they didn't look fat.

Just meant to make it a little different than usual, but I'll figure something else out if there's no interest here. Cheers!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Alright, I'll start.

A few weeks back I was on a flight back from NYC and stuck in the back row next to a lady who had a gift for gab. As it turned out, she did not have a ride home so I drove a half hour out of my way at 11 PM to get her where she needed to be.

2222 will be my number
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Gigantico wrote:Nice!

This is the worst giveaway thread ever, LOL! Either no one wants these or no one feels like sharing anything. Not looking for the next Mother Theresa (although that would be nice!). Maybe you fed your kids some Cheerios or you just told your significant other they didn't look fat.

Just meant to make it a little different than usual, but I'll figure something else out if there's no interest here. Cheers!
it's a great giveaway, it's just really hard to provide a photo of something nice you did for someone which is why I haven't entered.

edit, I just reread what you wrote and I originally read it as having to post a photo. I'll post an entry shortly. :oops:
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Sorry frib, no photo required. That would be rad, though! Changed post above^
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

I'm arranging to donate 300 office chairs that the gov't was going to throw away from a DoD site to Denver Public Schools.
Thanks G and good luck y'all.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Getting ready to donate a ton of clothes and shoes to a local shelter.

Thanks for the rad contest Gigantico!
jotrac
Swindler

Post by jotrac »

There's a biking/walking trail that runs behind the building where I work-part of a planned 47-mile trail from one end of the valley to the other-
I figured since it was right there-and my wife and I use the trail all the time-that I would see if our company could adopt the trail and perform regular clean-up-
I had to jump through a few hoops to get management to agree and then a few more for the city to have us do it-but it finally came together last summer-
I've planned work parties and not that many folks participate but I think it's important-but that's just me-
Thanks for the giveaway and thanks for all the things that we all do-no matter how big or small-

jl
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

Donating about 20 pairs of shoes to a local public high school (hopefully most of them will be going to the cross-country team).

pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

Thanks for the contest!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

pennylesspig wrote:3474

Thanks for the contest!
Half-way there! See original post. :D
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Gigantico wrote:

Thanks for the contest!
pennylesspig took pity and sold me a print at a great price that is my grail of grails. Does that count?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Just donated a bunch of books to my local library. I have a bunch of other stuff (clothes, baby stuff, etc) ready to donate but haven’t had the chance to drop off that stuff yet.

Also going to an annual charity hockey game on Friday to help raise money for a local kid who was paralyzed playing high school hockey and for the Christopher Reeves foundation.

vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

i donated to the homelss and I support Single moms at the club.

Im going with 1969
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

This sounds fun and I like these altruistic stories.

The other day I drove to the Arco and there was this homeless kid wearing a Obey tee shirt and he asked if he could wash my windshield. He caught me looking at his shirt as I went inside to make change. He was busy cleaning and I thought I'd ask him about his tee, and he said he knew all about Shepard Fairey and it was he favorite shirt. It was cold out so I gave him a 20 and I ran home and gathered up some stickers and brought em back to him... dude was so excited.

pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

Gigantico wrote:

Thanks for the contest!
I got to send my parents on a trip to Paris this winter, all expenses paid by me. But durn, this post made me really think about how little time and effort I spend on doing kind acts for others.
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

After a long day of work and school afterwards, I went to gas station to get gas. A woman comes to me asking if I had any money because she had just drove from SF to LA to see her mom at hospital. And she needed to rent s room for her kids who were in car she pointed to. I remembered I had 2 roll of quarters my wife told me to get for laundry and gave them to her. 20$ worth. So I finish pumping gas and I noticed her asking more people and then giving her collections to a man. I was duped. I realized she was collecting money for drugs. Told my wife and she got annoyed at me. I was tired and not thing clearly; gullible. :lol:
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Jessica Ravelo wrote:After a long day of work and school afterwards, I went to gas station to get gas. A woman comes to me asking if I had any money because she had just drove from SF to LA to see her mom at hospital. And she needed to rent s room for her kids who were in car she pointed to. I remembered I had 2 roll of quarters my wife told me to get for laundry and gave them to her. 20$ worth. So I finish pumping gas and I noticed her asking more people and then giving her collections to a man. I was duped. I realized she was collecting money for drugs. Told my wife and she got annoyed at me. I was tired and not thing clearly; gullible. :lol:
On snap. Im about to start a go fund me page for you.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Just a few more hours, folks!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Thank you everyone for participating! There was some quote about people in movies saying that they would go back into the past to change one small thing, that would change the course of history, but that no one talks about being that small change today. This thread delivers on some serious feels, and I think you're all doing a good job. :D

The magic number today was 1806. Since it was so close, I decided to throw an extra bill, making a total of 4 winners. Congrats guys! Shoot me a private message with your address and I can get these out next week.

jotrac
vvk
Jessica Ravelo
no1gdman
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

Bravo Gigantico!

:D

Pennylesspig, for reasons directly related to my Choe Show experience, your story really moved me. One day, I hope I can do something similar. Send me your address through PM and I will send you mine, if you want it.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

:D :D :D gracias gigantico!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

no1gdman wrote::D :D :D gracias gigantico!
Congrats all. Thanks for the generous contest Gigantico.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

Oh durn. I won something!! :.o thank GIGANTICO!!