EPL: Nobody Likes Us (and we don't care)

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
jwoods103
Giant

Re: EPL: Nobody Likes Us (and we don't care)

Post by jwoods103 »

Not that I like Rooney at all but this goal is just dirty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOO1gyCcPNY
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

jwoods103 wrote:Not that I like Rooney at all but this goal is just dirty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOO1gyCcPNY
Saw that... was hoping City would pull through with Rooney giving another awful performance and then that happened... :shock:
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

Ronaldo announces retirement from football

SAO PAULO (AP)—There was finally an opponent Ronaldo couldn’t overcome—his own body.

No longer able to meet the demands of football because he can’t stay fit anymore, Ronaldo announced Monday that he is retiring, ending a stellar 18-year career in which he won two World Cup titles with Brazil and thrived with some of Europe’s top clubs.

“It’s very hard to leave something that made me so happy,” a tearful Ronaldo said. “Mentally I wanted to continue, but I have to acknowledge that I lost (the fight) to my body.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slu ... doretiring
"I make my own luck."
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Another shite performance for Torres. Though I'm a bit jealous that Luiz isn't playing for Arsenal, looks to be a good center
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

Luis could very well be the future replacement for Terry. I think that we
will need to let Drogba and Anelka to give Torres a full crack at this, because
this 55-65min run each game will not prove positive for his confidence.

It's going to need to be more consistant!!

Come on Chelsea!!
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

see that bicycle kick from Luiz!? That was some move and a great cross, too bad Ramires wasted it. Could have eclipsed Rooney's...

Cech saved Luiz's @ss that time though! Stupid penalty..
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

Haven't seen the kick, they guys on TalkSport were talking about it tho! They said
the penalty was shite as well- Cech came up HUGE!!

LOL!

QKocur wrote:see that bicycle kick from Luiz!? That was some move and a great cross, too bad Ramires wasted it. Could have eclipsed Rooney's...

Cech saved Luiz's @ss that time though! Stupid penalty..
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Arselona match today! F*ck them up Gunners!
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

aaaand its ARSENAL ARSENAAA-AAL FC, by FAR the THE GREATEST team the world has ever seen!!! :mrgreen:
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

:evil: :evil: :evil: Arsene needs to break out the cash and buy a referee! What a disgrace... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

Tough result today!
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

A scandalous result IMO still bitter about it and that the punditry quotes statistics as if its justification for Barca's gift! Arsenal was doing a very difficult task, against their nature to grind out the win and were succeeding at it till the red... Ugh, but thats football... :roll:
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Abidal on Van Persie

Valdes on Nasri

Adriano on Nasri
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

QKocur wrote:A scandalous result IMO still bitter about it and that the punditry quotes statistics as if its justification for Barca's gift! Arsenal was doing a very difficult task, against their nature to grind out the win and were succeeding at it till the red... Ugh, but thats football... :roll:
It was a weak call on Van Persie even though he was wasting time with that shot.
Although, I don't think Arsenal ever had a chance in that game even with a full team.
It's amazing how Barcelona can make really good teams look confused.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

So this weekend starts what will be the end of the 2010-11 football season!!! *cheers and shouts of footie joy* Its been a while since I've graced you all with one of my EPL summaries, not that anyone reads them, but there are lots of talking points all around!

First up, England is out of the Europa League all together! Shocking, I know... Man City suffer from some foolishness from Balotelli, everyone's favorite pre-madonna whom like Bendtner is self acclaimedly unmatched by all but messi :roll:, who received a straight red for a cleats-up to the chest tackle DeJong would have been proud of. Liverpool virtually obliterate their chances of competing in Europe at all next season as they draw 0-0 against Sporting Braga losing by one in aggregate. A shame really, I do feel that LFC is making quite a successful rebuild and they could use the extra attention that playing in Europe brings.

Talking about Europe we now know who will be in the quarter finals of the Champions League! Inter make a surprise comeback to keep the recently weakening Italian football alive. England is represented by Man U, Chelsea, and Spurs and surprise surprise Real Madrid and Barca are also in the mix for Spain. But how about that Shaktar Donesk? More on Champions League once the draw has been announced, good luck to whomever receives Barca though suggestions abound that they may have peaked too soon??? :shock:

This brings us to Stoke City and Bolton in the FA cup, one of which WILL get the chance to play in the Europa League next season for the first time. I'm sure you all can guess which of these teams deserve to make it and if you can't its because you are still living in the stone age with the absurdly long free throwing, bad tackling, over aggressive caveman of a side that is undeserving of the opportunity. But with that being said, may actually be more hilarious to watch the other europeans cope with! Also, the mouth watering? contest up in Manchester between the ever increasingly boring boring citeh and the physically/ego injured United. I can tell you the question mark after mouth watering means that most likely it will be an overly defensive match with neither team willing to take the risk to go all out and win it making it not so mouth watering at all...

And now we come to talking about the EPL proper! Lots of excitement at the bottom of the table as the relegation struggle really begins to heat up! West Ham plays Spurs at the weekend for a London derby that is crucial for both teams, the Hammers currently third to the bottom on goal differential with Birmingham have shown a spark of unity in recent weeks and certainly won't be easy for Spurs who are fighting to make it into the top four and stay in the CL for next season, not to mention keep Bale interested enough to stick around. In other derby news, Wolves who are, IMO undeservedly, 2nd to the bottom play an Aston Villa team that is playing well below snuff and should make for an interesting match. Also on the bottom Wigan and Birmingham play which is more crucial to the Carling Cup winners as WA is almost assuredly dead in the water.

Middle of the table match between Stoke and Newcastle should be a neanderthalian bruiser of a good time. Everton and Fulham look safe in the table, though Fulham is showing some good form as American Clint Dempsey proves that a Yank can play proper football too. More interestingly is the match between Blackpool and Blackburn currently tied in the table and both have been faltering. Another defeat for either one could see them in the relegation zone for the next week, will it be the tangerines or the chicken nugget peddlers?

Finally we have the main course, probably the matches most will be watching at this week's end. Chelsea vs Man City anyone? This match is crucial in that it could be a deciding factor in not only the title race, if either are even in it, but also in the top four standings as both struggle to stay above Spurs who are knocking on the door. Both are in something of a goal drought so it should be interesting drama, can't help but laugh at both billionaires as the money spent just isn't supplying the result expected! :lol: Sunderland face Liverpool or rather Asamoah Gyan face Luiz Suarez! After what happened over the summer at the World Cup this will be a great match to watch for sure!

Our table toppers also have some difficult matches this weekend. An Injured Fergie-less Man U face off against a talented Bolton side. Common sense would suggest a Manchester victory, but if there was ever a time to face the red devils now is that time, perhaps an upset for the wanderers isn't too much to hope for. Arsenal may have a more difficult time though as they set out to prove they have what it takes to clinch their first title in six years. Jens Lehman will be on the bench for the first time since 2008 and hopefully he will instill some steal to a disheartened team that has fallen out of three competitions in two weeks and definitely out of favor with the punditry who are simply overjoyed for the opportunity to criticize the French manager. They need to win just about every match from here on out to keep this league competitive with United, barring any more slip-ups by the devils. All of which seems like a very daunting task for any team, not to mention one who appears to continuously buckle under any sort of pressure, but there ya go... Anyway I'm tired of writing, losing focus as I sit here sipping on my vodka... Until next time, heres to an epic football weekend! :mrgreen:
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Quick update for the Champions League draw, Man U face off against Chelsea! Couldn't be better IMO especially as they still have a match to see off in the EPL. Whoever wins that will play either Inter or Shalke 04 not they most exciting of draws really. Tottenham, however, face Real Madrid which I think is will be a real tester for Spurs and should be interesting. IF they win they'll have to face off against either Barca or Shaktar Donesk who actually beat the catalonians during the group stages at camp nou in '07. So some Champions League pleasure abound fo' shizzle! Gotta love this time of year!
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

Best time of year!! Champions League, FA Cup and the Prem are all winding down. Baseball season is about to start and plus, hockey season is about to head into the playoffs!! Exciting stuff for me over here in the states!!

QKocur wrote:Quick update for the Champions League draw, Man U face off against Chelsea! Couldn't be better IMO especially as they still have a match to see off in the EPL. Whoever wins that will play either Inter or Shalke 04 not they most exciting of draws really. Tottenham, however, face Real Madrid which I think is will be a real tester for Spurs and should be interesting. IF they win they'll have to face off against either Barca or Shaktar Donesk who actually beat the catalonians during the group stages at camp nou in '07. So some Champions League pleasure abound fo' shizzle! Gotta love this time of year!
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

Sad to see West Ham go down, hope they get back soon.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Sad to see Arsenal collapse... again... Should be an interesting summer... hopefully.
kristen
Punk

Post by kristen »

QKocur wrote:Sad to see Arsenal collapse... again... Should be an interesting summer... hopefully.
I am also not expecting this, but hope for best in next season.
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

We get NEEDS to spend, especially when Cesc leaves!!
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Not worried about Cesc leaving. He creates chances like no other, but I've noticed his pace is definitely off this season, slows things down. Wilshere and Ramsey look good value to fill up that part of the pitch. Our backline definitely needs to get sorted and at least one good defensive midfielder brought in. A striker might be nice, but I'd rather see Chamack played more along side RVP, hes a quality striker especially in the air, but he is not getting enough time on the pitch when Robin is healthy and I feel Robin actually plays better with the team when he has the captaincy and plays along side someone else up front.
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

Freeelander wrote:We get NEEDS to spend, especially when Cesc leaves!!
Stupid iPhone autocorrect

Meant to say: Wenger needs to spend.. .
Freeelander
Posse

Post by Freeelander »

QKocur wrote:Not worried about Cesc leaving. He creates chances like no other, but I've noticed his pace is definitely off this season, slows things down. Wilshere and Ramsey look good value to fill up that part of the pitch. Our backline definitely needs to get sorted and at least one good defensive midfielder brought in. A striker might be nice, but I'd rather see Chamack played more along side RVP, hes a quality striker especially in the air, but he is not getting enough time on the pitch when Robin is healthy and I feel Robin actually plays better with the team when he has the captaincy and plays along side someone else up front.
I agree with you on all your points.. . might want to bring in a veteran keeper though.
Don't get me wrong, as i actually like Fabiasnky and Szczesny, but at the end of the day, they are
inexpierienced.
lawdog15
Punk

Post by lawdog15 »

Freeelander wrote:
QKocur wrote:Not worried about Cesc leaving. He creates chances like no other, but I've noticed his pace is definitely off this season, slows things down. Wilshere and Ramsey look good value to fill up that part of the pitch. Our backline definitely needs to get sorted and at least one good defensive midfielder brought in. A striker might be nice, but I'd rather see Chamack played more along side RVP, hes a quality striker especially in the air, but he is not getting enough time on the pitch when Robin is healthy and I feel Robin actually plays better with the team when he has the captaincy and plays along side someone else up front.
I agree with you on all your points.. . might want to bring in a veteran keeper though.
Don't get me wrong, as i actually like Fabiasnky and Szczesny, but at the end of the day, they are
inexpierienced.
I'm glad to see some Arsenal talk here - I never really venture into this part of the board, but since the other sections seem slow today, here I am. Anyway...Arsenal has lost the bite they need in midfield since Vieira left. Song is trying to fill the roll, but he is a bit too hot headed (not that Vieira wasn't). Last summer I was glad Cesc didn't leave, but now I could take him or leave him, he is a top notch player, but definitely no captain. If he gets that stripped, he's as good as done for the team anyway,

I agree they need an experienced keeper. They also need a strong central defender who is good in the air, and someone who will actually shoot the ball when even half a chance is there (well, someone other than Eboue).