New Print: Big Proof Forever

News about Obey Giant - Mirrored from front page.
Mailman
Postal Employee

New Print: Big Proof Forever

Post by Mailman »

New print up at Obeygiant.com
Big Proof Forever edition of 1500

http://www.thegiant.org/wiki/index.php? ... of_Forever
$45

From obeygiant.com

Shepard recently collaborated with Shady Records on this memorial print for Hip Hop Artist Proof, of D-12 fame, who was tragically killed in Detroit. The net profits of the print will be donated towards the "Big Proof Forever Foundation", to help secure a wonderful
future for his family.

The legacy of Deshaun "Proof" Holton will be forever remembered by all the lives that he has touched. His passion and conviction to enrich other people's lives was his muse. The method he chose to deliver his will was through his love of hip-hop. Pioneer of Detroit Hip-Hop, he was the glue that pieced together a whole city of artists and brought them to the eyes and ears of the world.

His career accomplishments are endless. From his work with in D-12, Shady Records, and with Eminem, to working as a blossoming solo artist his voice was heard across the globe. His success enabled him to
continue to build on to an already firm base. The birth of his label Iron Fist was the next step in bringing his idea of hip-hop to the masses.

Through all the changes and growth in his life he never lost who he was, never forgot where he came from, and never quit giving back to those who needed. In all he will not only be remembered as an artist but as a proud son, a loving father, a caring husband, a devoted friend, and a beautiful person.

Let us all keep his name alive for eternity through following the examples he gave us for he is truly a great man.

Big Proof Forever P05072 $45
Edition of 1500, all signed by Shepard
brintoul
Giant

Good Lord!

Post by brintoul »

15 hundo of these prints?! At 45 bones?! Does anyone think he's going to the well a bit much on this..?
noverflow
I think I started this

Re: Good Lord!

Post by noverflow »

brintoul wrote:15 hundo of these prints?! At 45 bones?! Does anyone think he's going to the well a bit much on this..?

Thats why I think it may be only 150.
But all proceeds are going to the cause.

Shipping is slot on this guy also. $11.50. I wonder if it is bigger than normal?
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

I'm just guessing here but if it was only 150 why arn't they numbered?
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

nixon451 wrote:I'm just guessing here but if it was only 150 why arn't they numbered?

True. I guess we have to wait until someone gets one.
judy_o

Post by judy_o »

it says 1500 on both the frontpage as well as the poster page, so...

also notice how there is no obey face on the poster
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

judy_o wrote:it says 1500 on both the frontpage as well as the poster page, so...

also notice how there is no obey face on the poster

It is pretty common not to have a star or face in portrait prints. Granted it is a little weird not to have any mention of obey at all. But the Jay Adams print is the same way.
art_daddy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by art_daddy »

I emailed Shepard about this print bercause I was confused why he would do a "tribute" print to someone who murdered a war veteran and that 's why he was in turn killed himself in self defense by someone. I'm in the Detroit area so I know the whole story inside and out. He actually replied quickly to my email and said he did the print because his former manager was Proof's and he asked him for a favor and he did it for him. He's not making a dime on the project. I also told him I'll continue to collect his work but I was not agreeing with him glorifying a murderer.
judy_0

Post by judy_0 »

cripes
TheDon
Swindler

Post by TheDon »

Not feeling the proof print