4 New Prints at Obey Giant

News about Obey Giant - Mirrored from front page.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

It was 3.30am here when they hit the site. Needless to say, I didn't buy mine until this morning!
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

I just called Obey and asked if they could do matching numbers on my pair of Malcolm prints that were ordered and was told there is no way they could do it :?: :cry: :?:
It dosent sound all that difficult to me...
henna
-

Post by henna »

Bonesy wrote:I just called Obey and asked if they could do matching numbers on my pair of Malcolm prints that were ordered and was told there is no way they could do it :?: :cry: :?:

Maybe you'll get lucky!!!
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

Bonesy wrote:I just called Obey and asked if they could do matching numbers on my pair of Malcolm prints that were ordered and was told there is no way they could do it :?: :cry: :?:

that doesnt seem right...
usually they are when the editions match.

maybe if you slipped them a $100bill
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

i hope they can do it... i asked them to in the pay pal comment box... it should be an easy task... but i dont care all that much about it...

as long as i get my prints in perfect condition, im a happy man.
talybryn35
Punk

Post by talybryn35 »

It actually can be difficult to accomplish this. Remember that Obey is not the only one selling these prints. Many get alloted to different galleries (including DW) and OG does not sell the full run, just a portion. If OG has already shipped and/or set aside prints for their other clients, it would be too difficult a task to go through them to find matching numbers.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

IMO, the Malcolms are absolute classics. Love 'em. I can already hear future Obey print subjects pondering, "'..what is the outcome, will they do me like Malcolm?'" :)

Big Brother and Obey with Caution, while I appreciate the new exploration of old Obey themes, don't really do it for me.
speedoguy

Post by speedoguy »

talybryn35 wrote
t actually can be difficult to accomplish this. Remember that Obey is not the only one selling these prints. Many get alloted to different galleries (including DW) and OG does not sell the full run, just a portion. If OG has already shipped and/or set aside prints for their other clients, it would be too difficult a task to go through them to find matching numbers.

i would love for them to match, cut if not, oh well.... like i saaid, the most important thing is that they get to me in perfect condition...

hopefully, the fact that i live in los angeles county will work to my advantage, since ups wont have them that long.

but you never know with those union workers :wink:
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

Man, now you guys want MATCHED prints!? Are you out of your minds!?

BTW- Malcolms are sold out, both color ways...8 hours for 400 prints...so whoever asked for smaller editions and higher prices, this is proof that's a bad idea. There are surely several fans who won't be getting that print for $30.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

w00t for getting in on a malcom!
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
Pretty Vacant
Posse

Post by Pretty Vacant »

Jason Filipow wrote:Man, now you guys want MATCHED prints!? Are you out of your minds!?

And a pony. I want a pony. Can I get one if I call?
PxVx
henna
-

Post by henna »

Pretty Vacant wrote:
Jason Filipow wrote:Man, now you guys want MATCHED prints!? Are you out of your minds!?

Is that a shot?
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

henna wrote:
Pretty Vacant wrote:

Is that a shot?

no, i think it's a breed of small horse....

Talisker 10-year-old is one hell of a shot, though you should probably sip it.... :)
Last edited by mose on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

BTW- Malcolms are sold out, both color ways...8 hours for 400 prints...so whoever asked for smaller editions and higher prices, this is proof that's a bad idea. There are surely several fans who won't be getting that print for $30.

omfg
johnstonamerica
Artist or Something

Post by johnstonamerica »

mose wrote:no, i think its a breed of small horse....

Talisker 10-year-old is one hell of a shot, though you should probably sip it.... :)

hahahahha

nice.
henna
-

Post by henna »

mose wrote:
henna wrote:
Pretty Vacant wrote:

Is that a shot?

no, i think it's a breed of small horse....

Touche, lol
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

ooh, there are obey ponies up on the site? Wonder what aftermarket will be on those ;)
speedoguy

Post by speedoguy »

i want a pony with an obey giant saddlle... =)
speedoguy

Post by speedoguy »

and im nervous... if the both malcoms were gone in 8 hours, then im sol, i didnt get my order in till 8 am. pst
cwilcox
Posse

Post by cwilcox »

I was actually just getting on to buy the malcoms, (bought the other two immediatly after they hit) and they were gone....that is crazy! I thought the Malcoms would be the least favorites but alas I was wrong!
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

big brother is watching is gone!!!!
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

that was quick, caution next?
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

this new paradigm in print sales is fun. i like it when i have to stay on my toes to pick up stuff.

i think this board is now having a serious impact on sales though ... with 200 registered members (though many inactive) if everybody that reads buys 1 or 2 of each print then most of the run is gone already. and look at soup can ... it gets mentioned on the board and then a week later over 2/3 of the remaining stock is gone, even at 150 a pop, after it had been sitting on there for a year or more.
Last edited by scud80 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

..then every customer is going to want 'matched' prints....not that difficult, agreed. Now multiply that by the dozens and dozens of DAILY orders and all of the sudden, the crew starts slipping behind on current orders again.

It's not a matter of difficulty but of PRACTICALITY.
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

i want every single one of my prints to have a matched number, from now until eternity.

certainly that's manageable right? i mean, the customer is *always* right.

make it so :p