New Print at Obey Giant: Chinese Soldiers

News about Obey Giant - Mirrored from front page.
leroysmokes
Swindler

Post by leroysmokes »

I just got my confirmation and I ordered at 9:40am central time.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Well I ordered 10 prints (a couple for Smartussi since his UPS guy especially sucks) and I just got a refuind for Obey cutting my order to 5. Im fine with it and thinking with them cutting the big orders to 5 maybe they can fulfill more of the later orders.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

oh, that's great news for me. bad news for smartussi. i'm still waiting for word on mine (refund or confirmation). :/
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

bboygraphix wrote:oh, that's great news for me. bad news for smartussi. i'm still waiting for word on mine (refund or confirmation). :/

Ill still give Smartussi his share of the Soldiers.
Hes at a Nickelback concert tonight though so Ill have to talk to him tomorrow.
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

Just got my refund for my order of two. Ordered around 9 am est. Really sucks for someone who has been buying prints steadily from BG since 98.
avoid disappointment and future regret
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

I meant ordering prints from OG..... of course.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

submit wrote:I meant ordering prints from OG..... of course.

Was gonna say... BG- Bill Graham?
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

i just had an interesting thought.

do you think they honor CC orders over direct paypal transfers? i'm wondering if it's easier to refund a paypal transfer versus a paypal CC order. does paypal penalize businesses for charge-back's on credit card orders?

i'm not saying they are doing this, nor do i believe it's necessarily unfair or a bad business practice... i'm just curious :)
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

leroysmokes wrote:I just got my confirmation and I ordered at 9:40am central time.

08:59:49 central and I got a refund.
Our influence will be gigantic.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Got my shipping for 1 of my 2 orders so I'm no longer seeking trades for these for those that I sent PM to. No word on shipping vs refund on the other order.

EDIT: I ordered 2 Soliders so I'll have 1 to keep and 1 to trade. PM me next week assuming UPS doesn't go and destroy these.
Last edited by byrnexxx on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

Does anyone have multiples thay would like to sell or trade... I have a big brother 80/300
and maybe even an urban renewal...maybe
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

got my refund email. :(
my design portfolio
80's BMX bikes
leroysmokes
Swindler

Post by leroysmokes »

So I got an email this morning from paypal saying my poster was getting shipped, and even gave me a tracking number. Then tonight I just got the email of saying I was getting a refund!! Ughhhhhhh!!! So sad!!
NH DOOD
Punk

Post by NH DOOD »

when i placed my order on tues i was told it didn't go through on my credit card so i went through paypall and ordered again. yesterday i got emails that 2 orders had been placed. today i got two seperate tracking numbers. just checked my email to find that both orders were refunded.

what a great way to do buisiness, this is 2006 not the dawn of the internet, spend a little money if you are a buisiness for proper inventory.

p.s. this is coming from someone who hated all the complaining on these boards about this very topic prior to today, now i know.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Same here. Got a tracking email and then a couple hours later got a refund email so i figure one of a few things happens.

1) I get nothing
2) I get only part of my order
3) I get an empty poster tube crushed by UPS

Ah well... back to ebay/trading
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

I bet it's number three that happens
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

I am sorry that so many of you are getting refund notifications. We are looking into the logistics of implementing a live inventory system. We realize that it's a real heartbreak for the fans to place an order only to have it not be processed b/c of an edition being unintentionally oversold....and these words are in no way an official statement by Obey Giant itself, but rather a statement by a compassionate fellow fan! ahhahah
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

it's not really that big of a deal to me ... live inventory would be better, certainly, but as long as refunds are given out fairly quickly (which mine have been the last couple of times i've gotten them) it's ok.

i don't feel that i'm entitled to buy something just because i was into it before the quick sellouts began (and i only snuck into that category by a few months anyway). it's all just part of the fun ... if you really want something you'll find a way to get it in the end.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

Jason Filipow wrote:We realize that it's a real heartbreak for the fans to place an order only to have it not be processed b/c of an edition being unintentionally oversold....and these words are in no way an official statement by Obey Giant itself, but rather a statement by a compassionate fellow fan! ahhahah

I was pretty heart-broken when my Malcolm order was refunded, but if this is such a compassionate statement from a fellow fan, what's with the evil laugh at the end? :P
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

I may have belly-ached and thrown in the "long time buyer wronged thing" but I am a collector of many aritsts.... I am an artist myself and I also sell art.
In all my experience buying selling and making art, there is a general code of ethic that you take care of your collectors, both long term collectors and short. I guess it can be a fine line between pokemon swap meet and fine art buying and selling.
I'm not too bent out of shape about missing out on the latest prints but to be honest, in the last 7 or 8 years of buying OG prints there have been quite a few unrequited disappointments. I was encouraged when OG pubically recognized their problems with shipping, unreturned emails, and general disregard of their supporters. I don't really expect to see the "we're sorry" print, but if it comes I would feel I was entitled to it.
That being said, I love OG and Shepard's work and fully intend on supporting the effort until it becomes impossible for me to do so. (witch may be sooner than I'd like to admit)
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

I haven't seen any on eBay yet....at least it looks like they all got into the right hands.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

submit wrote:I may have belly-ached and thrown in the "long time buyer wronged thing" but I am a collector of many aritsts.... I am an artist myself and I also sell art.
In all my experience buying selling and making art, there is a general code of ethic that you take care of your collectors, both long term collectors and short. I guess it can be a fine line between pokemon swap meet and fine art buying and selling.
I'm not too bent out of shape about missing out on the latest prints but to be honest, in the last 7 or 8 years of buying OG prints there have been quite a few unrequited disappointments. I was encouraged when OG pubically recognized their problems with shipping, unreturned emails, and general disregard of their supporters. I don't really expect to see the "we're sorry" print, but if it comes I would feel I was entitled to it.
That being said, I love OG and Shepard's work and fully intend on supporting the effort until it becomes impossible for me to do so. (witch may be sooner than I'd like to admit)

if you want to be taken care of by a modern artist you need to talk to the artist and become a friend to them in order for them to be a friend to you. what you're asking for is for is shepard fairey to track your internet orders and ask you if youd like to be served better on account of it.
you gotta talk to shepard fairey, not thegiant.org
Last edited by ca77 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

pogue79 wrote:I haven't seen any on eBay yet....at least it looks like they all got into the right hands.

i think you're on crack
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

Well no one seems to be re-selling yet.

ca77 wrote:
pogue79 wrote:I haven't seen any on eBay yet....at least it looks like they all got into the right hands.

i think you're on crack
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

"you gotta talk to shepard fairey, not thegiant.org"

If it was that simple ca77, they wouldn't be offering prints for bad service, would they? besides, this is a discussion board about OG and you really have no idea who I know and who I've talked to and who I've emailed. Your whole notion that you have to be friends with an artist to get respect and service is interesting... and by interesting, I mean stupid.