New Print at Obey Giant: Chinese Soldiers

News about Obey Giant - Mirrored from front page.
chief510
Punk

Post by chief510 »

3am PST? I'll be surprised if anyone from the west coast got one. Great way to catch us while we were sleeping. Cant wait for the 3 print cap. No hard feelings. If someone gots an extra, please PM for a trade of some sort. Thanks.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

Jason Filipow wrote:Expect a print quantity limit coming in the near future, probably a cap of three.

does this indicate that some people are ordering a dozen or more at a shot?
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

sounds like it... or i wouldn't doubt it!
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

Jason Filipow wrote:For the record, the print sold out in about 3 hours...it was posted at about 3 am PST. Expect a print quantity limit coming in the near future, probably a cap of three.

I am going to have to revise my Big Proof sell out date accordingly.
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

In reference to the print number cap....

I hope this wasn't in effect for this release since a friend of mine bought a bunch in the same order to supply our group of friends to save on shipping and my CPU has been down :shock:
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

If it were up to me I'd start the cap now and knock some of those bulk orders that people might have placed down to 3-4 per (or at least less than 5 per) so the rest of us have a chance. Spread the wealth!
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

Thats what Im sayin...!!!
To eliminate the whole west coast is WACK!!!
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

I'm on the east coast... stayed up late because my psychic powers (j/k) told me they might go up during the AM hours and I gave up at around 4:30 AM when I passed out on my laptop...so missed the 3ish AM west coast sale time.. only to oversleep for work. get to work, find out the prints had already been up for 4+ hrs and likely sold out.

you snooze you lose...
squidman
Punk

Post by squidman »

I am all for limiting the number of prints per person. However (not to beat a dead horse), if Obey does this, then they need to package their shipments better. The only reason I order multiples is to safeguard against the dreaded crushed tube.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

squidman wrote:I am all for limiting the number of prints per person. However (not to beat a dead horse), if Obey does this, then they need to package their shipments better. The only reason I order multiples is to safeguard against the dreaded crushed tube.

Our influence will be gigantic.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

squidman wrote:I am all for limiting the number of prints per person. However (not to beat a dead horse), if Obey does this, then they need to package their shipments better. The only reason I order multiples is to safeguard against the dreaded crushed tube.

Very true words, the extra prints somehow hold the crepe tube together.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

durn it, i ordered at 830 am pst. called up the studio to make sure and they said mine didnt go through :(
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

Anyone know if this is a real short run or is the normal 300 prints?
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

should be 300.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

ca77 wrote:

Yes!!!

The Obey pony. Thank you, thank you.
bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

HAHAHAHAHAH
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
somethingcorp904
Punk

Post by somethingcorp904 »

i placed mine at 6 15 pst..and i havent got a refund yet...so im guessing im in the clear....crosses fingers
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

TinManOne wrote:Anyone know if this is a real short run or is the normal 300 prints?

Chinese Soldiers is an edition of 300.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

just got a shipping confirmation for my Chinese Soldiers order.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

mose wrote:just got a shipping confirmation for my Chinese Soldiers order.

same here
xaulzan
Posse

Post by xaulzan »

im still waiting to see if i get a tracking number or a refund (here is where I would put a clever looking yellow face)
Makeshift Patriot the flag shop is out of stock, I hang myself at half mast
Hammer28
Punk

Post by Hammer28 »

I just got my confirmation and I think I just dropped a load in my pants, I have been depressed all week because I knew for sure I was getting a refund. I really like this print and only ordered one for my personal collection.

I am all for a limit, I am really happy Shepard is getting the attention he deserves, but I dont think we need the attention from the greedy bastards who want to turn a profit off of his art, kinda goes against the whole meaning of Obey if you ask me.

The first print I ever ordered was Nixon Money, and have only gotten a handful since, I didnt even order the Malcoms when I ordered my Big Brother, didnt care for them even though I knew I could of made money off of them.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

Hammer28 wrote:I just got my confirmation and I think I just dropped a load in my pants, I have been depressed all week because I knew for sure I was getting a refund. I really like this print and only ordered one for my personal collection.

I am all for a limit, I am really happy Shepard is getting the attention he deserves, but I dont think we need the attention from the greedy bastards who want to turn a profit off of his art, kinda goes against the whole meaning of Obey if you ask me.

The first print I ever ordered was Nixon Money, and have only gotten a handful since, I didnt even order the Malcoms when I ordered my Big Brother, didnt care for them even though I knew I could of made money off of them.

thanks prince.
Our influence will be gigantic.
distract
Posse

Post by distract »

thank god... i got my confirmation too... i thought i was too late when i ordered at 8am
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

yikes, i ordered at 0715 pst... no confirmation yet..but if somebody ordered at 8.. maybe it will come tomororw... im sure they are slammed