I am starting to hate obey

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
zanzi123
Giant

I am starting to hate obey

Post by zanzi123 »

well at the moment, i mean i have tried for 5 prints and havent came close to getting one... the site either crashes or i get an access dinied message. then i love the print and try and get it on the secondary market and i cant afford it. with the WBN offset i got in at school clicked the paypal button and it didnt do anything, then my break ended. everytime a random drop happens i am at school so i dont get anything. i have liked obey for months now and dont have a print because of this. Im venting but if i miss more prints im just gonna give up... maybe this isnt the right thing to collect :? im just upset.
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Try the Saturday SNO sale.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
TBlaze
Giant

Re:

Post by TBlaze »

admonkey wrote:Try the Saturday SNO sale.

Are they doing this every saturday? or just this saturday?
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
destroyeric
Giant

Re: I am starting to hate obey

Post by destroyeric »

Maybe you should stick to football helmets, less stress and heartache.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Hey man, just try to look at that as part of the thrill. If you could buy every print you want... you'd probably go broke (I know I would) and there wouldn't be any exciting print drop battles :D I miss out on more than I actually get, and it makes me like the prints that I do manage to get get even more!

It'll get much easier as you learn the ropes. You have a lot of barriers, like school and stuff, once you're on breaks and vacations you'll have better chances of getting through. In the mean time, I still have those two prints for you if you want to buy them ;)
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
zanzi123
Giant

Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

Patillac13 wrote:Hey man, just try to look at that as part of the thrill. If you could buy every print you want... you'd probably go broke (I know I would) and there wouldn't be any exciting print drop battles :D I miss out on more than I actually get, and it makes me like the prints that I do manage to get get even more!

It'll get much easier as you learn the ropes. You have a lot of barriers, like school and stuff, once you're on breaks and vacations you'll have better chances of getting through. In the mean time, I still have those two prints for you if you want to buy them ;)

hahahhaha thanks man now im now liking it more!
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

I guess i am upset about not being able to afford anything that I REALLY want. and missing a red casbah for 68 bucks on ebay. can people help me with stratagys? and wat saturday sale?
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

it doesnt get easier...trust me!!
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Did you not go with any of the offers from members here? Maybe you should start there. Granted my first print was an offset Ripped i got on ebay...then i didnt get anything untill Vote came out 4 months later. Slippery slope there after. lol They are plenty place we have listed to get Sheps art under $100 not including a lucky dip on ebay.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

sounds like karma. JK (kinda) lol
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

zanzi123 wrote:I guess i am upset about not being able to afford anything that I REALLY want.

nobody can afford what they REALLY want.
whyhoo
itsame

Re:

Post by whyhoo »

saintjordan wrote:sounds like karma. JK (kinda) lol

jesus dude... :roll:
on point like a decimalist?
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

zanzi123 wrote:I guess i am upset about not being able to afford anything that I REALLY want. and missing a red casbah for 68 bucks on ebay. can people help me with stratagys? and wat saturday sale?

The thing about eBay is (and I'm not saying this always happens or anything)... but you'll never know. The winner could've had a max bid of $150. Just because you missed it as $68 doesn't mean you'd get it for $69, you know? But maybe you would've. That's worst part about missing out on eBay auctions for me! The unknowns about how much you could've gotten it for, or if you'd even win it, or if you would've gotten it for one more dollar than the winner, stuff like that irks me.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Or if you spend way over the odds. I used to pretty much live in the "wow that print went high thread"...well i didnt but i shoulda. I used to be a right mug.
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

zanzi123 wrote:well at the moment, i mean i have tried for 5 prints and havent came close to getting one... the site either crashes or i get an access dinied message. then i love the print and try and get it on the secondary market and i cant afford it. with the WBN offset i got in at school clicked the paypal button and it didnt do anything, then my break ended. everytime a random drop happens i am at school so i dont get anything. i have liked obey for months now and dont have a print because of this. Im venting but if i miss more prints im just gonna give up... maybe this isnt the right thing to collect :? im just upset.

you just got here. the world is maxed out with "self entitled whiners" Buck up! don't be one of them. don't be the guy that goes to the trouble to hate. "I don't like the hands" , Meh n' on the new prints... ect...

this is a "fan" site!

You've survived and stuck it out through some pretty notable hazing. don't bictch out now

go read Ayn Rand' "Atlas Shrugged" we don't owe you anything so earn some respect, and favors and hook ups will just happen effortlessly.
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

outeredgestudio wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:well at the moment, i mean i have tried for 5 prints and havent came close to getting one... the site either crashes or i get an access dinied message. then i love the print and try and get it on the secondary market and i cant afford it. with the WBN offset i got in at school clicked the paypal button and it didnt do anything, then my break ended. everytime a random drop happens i am at school so i dont get anything. i have liked obey for months now and dont have a print because of this. Im venting but if i miss more prints im just gonna give up... maybe this isnt the right thing to collect :? im just upset.

you just got here. the world is maxed out with "self entitled whiners" Buck up! don't be one of them. don't be the guy that goes to the trouble to hate. "I don't like the hands" , Meh n' on the new prints... ect...

this is a "fan" site!

You've survived and stuck it out through some pretty notable hazing. don't bictch out now

go read Ayn Rand' "Atlas Shrugged" we don't owe you anything so earn some respect, and favors and hook ups will just happen effortlessly.

Im fine now hahaaah
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

outeredgestudio wrote: earn some respect, and favors and hook ups will just happen effortlessly.

Truer words were never spoken.
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

outeredgestudio wrote:

this is a "fan" site!

did you know that angelina jolie is going to play dagny taggart in the movie!!, anyway a bit off thread so i'll stop
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
Duke
Swindler

Post by Duke »

stinkypete wrote:
outeredgestudio wrote:

this is a "fan" site!

did you know that angelina jolie is going to play dagny taggart in the movie!!, anyway a bit off thread so i'll stop

amazing book for anyone who hasn't read it....i heard brad pitt is going to be in the movie version too?

A0az5ng b662 f6r a
‘Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator and change has its enemies.’
- Robert Kennedy
password
Giant

Post by password »

You guys should listen to this, if you haven't yet:

http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/tb/tb0 ... off_atlas_