What's your lowest price?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
bdavenport
punk

What's your lowest price?

Post by bdavenport »

Why do people ask sellers this when prices are listed? I had it happen today, but it was far from the first time it has happened. Does this happen to anyone else, and, if so, how do you handle it?
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
slidingaround
Giant

Re: What's your lowest price?

Post by slidingaround »

bdavenport wrote:Why do people ask sellers this when prices are listed? I had it happen today, but it was far from the first time it has happened. Does this happen to anyone else, and, if so, how do you handle it?
Normally take a bit more off. I usually put my prices up first baring that in mind.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

slidingaround wrote:
bdavenport wrote:Why do people ask sellers this when prices are listed? I had it happen today, but it was far from the first time it has happened. Does this happen to anyone else, and, if so, how do you handle it?
Normally take a bit more off. I usually put my prices up first baring that in mind.
Does it bother you at all?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

bdavenport wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
never bothers me! if people ain't paying what i'm asking, i don't need to discuss much of anything further unless i'm willing to go lower. it does annoy me though when i throw an offer out there and don't get a counter offer, just a "move along" message. i like to haggle!
on point like a decimalist?
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

whyhoo wrote:
bdavenport wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
never bothers me! if people ain't paying what i'm asking, i don't need to discuss much of anything further unless i'm willing to go lower. it does annoy me though when i throw an offer out there and don't get a counter offer, just a "move along" message. i like to haggle!
I don't mind haggling at all. But if I have set a price then that is the opening move of the haggle. The proper next move is to counter with a price, not ask me to haggle with myself.
blackheart
Giant

Post by blackheart »

hahaha.... i like that... haggle with myself
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine.........the rest i wasted!!
Giant

Post by 843 »

I had a very happy "haggle" with bdavenport today!! Fist and Star Stencil will be at my framers next week :D
Last edited by 843 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

bdavenport wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
bdavenport wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
I don't mind haggling at all. But if I have set a price then that is the opening move of the haggle. The proper next move is to counter with a price, not ask me to haggle with myself.
+1
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

bdavenport wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
bdavenport wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
totally! make an offer!
on point like a decimalist?
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

bdavenport wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
Not at all.
What REALLY bothers me, is when people dont come back to me on it. Not answering PM's really bugs me.
Iv done it on the odd ocassion when someone really takes the pi$$ but its just rude.
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

slidingaround wrote:
bdavenport wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
Not at all.
What REALLY bothers me, is when people dont come back to me on it. Not answering PM's really bugs me.
Iv done it on the odd ocassion when someone really takes the pi$$ but its just rude.
I get that all the time on the banksy board. I don't even expect responses over there. Drives me nuts.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

It's the people that already know you're posting a totally fair price and then they ask you to go lower. Which I guess would mean my comment here should go in the "low ball" thread.
JErikR