Rare Vintage Stickers??? I think not. Rant

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Rare Vintage Stickers??? I think not. Rant

Post by hexterb »

I am so new to collecting Obey pieces that I am only collecting stickers for now. Still haven't pulled the trigger on a S/N print yet. Everyone on this forum has been helpful to me as a new collector and the discussions are really educational. I've even purchased a few things from great people on here. Having said all that, I'll move on to what brought me here today...

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to buy something off of eBay that was represented as being original only to find out it was a "reproduction". However, this really pisses me off. I purchased 2 different sets of rare vintage Obey stickers off of eBay in the last 2 weeks from the same seller. The first is a 4 set of Henry Rollins/Rollins Band stickers. The second is a 4 set of the Duality of Humanity series. The Rollins set came in today. These were clearly printed on an inkjet printer at the sellers house right before shipping. The image is blurred. The paper, and I do mean paper, is thin. Not to mention the image looks like it was pulled down off of a website somewhere and then stretched out of proportion before printing.

I have e-mailed the seller in hopes of a refund but of course the auction indicated "All Sales Final" so I doubt I'll get my money back. Here are a couple of images of the stickers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/photo1vj.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/857/photo4qw.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/photo5re.jpg/

The second image has an original REAL Defiant Youth sticker in the middle of 2 of the fakes just for comparison.

I am open to any and all advice on how to avoid getting screwed over on eBay!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Rare Vintage Stickers??? I think not. Rant

Post by conartstudio »

doesn't matter if the seller wrote "all sales are final"... you have up to 45 days to file a complaint with paypal to get your money back. i suggest doing that right now.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

fribhey wrote:doesn't matter if the seller wrote "all sales are final"... you have up to 45 days to file a complaint with paypal to get your money back. i suggest doing that right now.
You should get your money back pretty easily. Ebay usually sides with the buyer.
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

The seller responded and apologized for posting them in the originals category as opposed to the reproductions category. She is supposed to be refunding my money. I have learned a valuable lesson though. Buyer Beware!
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

hexterb wrote:The seller responded and apologized for posting them in the originals category as opposed to the reproductions category. She is supposed to be refunding my money. I have learned a valuable lesson though. Buyer Beware!
File a PayPal claim anyway. You can end it if she does refund, but it protects you from being jerked around past the file date
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Your first clue should have been the in the description: "Rare"
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

robotoil wrote:Your first clue should have been the in the description: "Rare"
I totally agree Robot.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Feel free to hit me up if you ever have any questions about stickers. I am certainly not the end all be all of knowledge but I do spend way too much time researching and collecting stickers.

dan
Who's got my old stickers?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

hexterb wrote:
robotoil wrote:Your first clue should have been the in the description: "Rare"
I totally agree Robot.

it's only his hard work that's robotic, he's not actually a robot :lol:
on point like a decimalist?
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

hexterb, it sounds like you would like to have a signed and numbered print.
So, why not just hold onto your sticker money and take a shot at a future print drop?

It's like I tell me kids, stop buying the f*cking small Star Wars lego kits and save up for the Death Star.

Actually, I do that without cussing at them.
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

PDC wrote:hexterb, it sounds like you would like to have a signed and numbered print.
So, why not just hold onto your sticker money and take a shot at a future print drop?

It's like I tell me kids, stop buying the f*cking small Star Wars lego kits and save up for the Death Star.

Actually, I do that without cussing at them.
I totally agree. That's exactly what I need to do.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

PDC wrote:It's like I tell me kids, stop buying the f*cking small Star Wars lego kits and save up for the Death Star.
:lol:
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

hexterb wrote:The seller responded and apologized for posting them in the originals category as opposed to the reproductions category. She is supposed to be refunding my money. I have learned a valuable lesson though. Buyer Beware!
Glad to hear that worked out and you've definitely come to the right place to be an informed Shep collector. While there are defintely slimly people in the art biz,

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14192
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 51&start=0

this site is the hub of a cool and incredibly well-informed community of fans who are always happy to help out fellow collectors. Good luck and have fun.

PM me you address and I'll send you some stickers to get started with.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

cybernigel wrote:
Glad to hear that worked out and you've definitely come to the right place to be an informed Shep collector. While there are defintely slimly people in the art biz,

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14192
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 51&start=0

this site is the hub of a cool and incredibly well-informed community of fans who are always happy to help out fellow collectors. Good luck and have fun.

PM me you address and I'll send you some stickers to get started with.
PM sent! Thank you so much! And thanks to everyone on the board for their continued advice on what to look out for when it comes to Obey stickers.