Shipping framed prints?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
jmochnick
Punk

Shipping framed prints?

Post by jmochnick »

Hey guys,

So I've been thinking about selling a couple of prints I have collected over the past year or two. They're all custom framed. I'm a bit new to most of this so I was wondering if any of you could help! (I did search the forums too - I'm sure there have been similar posts but I think the search function may not be very good)

First, is it safe to assume that framed prints are harder to sell? I figure people would want to get their own custom framing, but considering the money I spent on the framing, I was hoping to sell them as is.

Second, what is the best way to ship prints? Both framed and unframed? I figure a framed print would be very expensive to ship, and I wonder if it's even worth the hassle.

Thank you in advance! :)
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: Shipping framed prints?

Post by jjttdw »

I'be bought a few things framed. If you have glass and not plexi then you should not ship with the glass. The prints I received either sat in a box with a ton of packing peanuts or were shrink wrapped to cardboard made to suspend the frame in the center of the box. All arrived without damage.
Shearin
Punk

Re: Shipping framed prints?

Post by Shearin »

I can only second the "do not send glass" advice. 2/3 glass frames I received came with the glass shattered.
I believe all you need is Quick Extender Pro and you're golden.