Space Invader

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Space Invader

Post by whyhoo »

something to this effect, a rough mockup no doubt!

on point like a decimalist?
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

The Paris Street Artist ‘Invading’ New York As Banksy Leaves

http://www.newsweek.com/paris-street-ar ... eaves-1299
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

destroyeric wrote:invader arrested?

http://www.thelodownny.com/leslog/2013/ ... treet.html
What a d!ck art gallery operator; he could have not pressed charges and left the piece up.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Optimus Rabbit wrote:

What a d!ck art gallery operator; he could have not pressed charges and left the piece up.
from what i've read, he didn't press charges. if the police catch someone in the act in the middle of the night they arrest them and then will release them later if no charges are pressed.

if the gallery owner owned the building then he can do whatever he wants with the piece.
password
Giant

Post by password »

conartstudio wrote:
Optimus Rabbit wrote:

from what i've read, he didn't press charges. if the police catch someone in the act in the middle of the night they arrest them and then will release them later if no charges are pressed.

if the gallery owner owned the building then he can do whatever he wants with the piece.
The Invader piece didn't look good on that building. As the owner, I can understand why he removed it.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

That Princess was one of the coolest Invader pieces I've seen.
password
Giant

Post by password »

spagucci1 wrote:That Princess was one of the coolest Invader pieces I've seen.
It is cool - just not as part of that building. My fave:

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

The building owner will probably sell it and not press charges.
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Sounds like a win win situation.
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

Invader is back on the streets of NYC, and here is latest piece he did in collaboration with COST and ENX:

Check out my Wall of Stache Fame collection!
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

It's right around the corner (3 blocks) from my new spot in Bushwick!!!!!!
Who's got my old stickers?
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

Space Invader just shared some images of his most recent work in Hong Kong on his Instagram:
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

I recently saw a picture somewhere of Invader installing a piece on the streets. He had a pole in his hands, was standing on the sidewalk and people were walking around. I think it was while he was in Hong Kong. Now I cant find the pic anywhere. Did any of you see it?
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

circa77 wrote:I recently saw a picture somewhere of Invader installing a piece on the streets. He had a pole in his hands, was standing on the sidewalk and people were walking around. I think it was while he was in Hong Kong. Now I cant find the pic anywhere. Did any of you see it?

That sounds exactly like a picture that was recently posted on Failes Instragram, except the picture was of one of the Patricks and not Invader.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Backpackpunk wrote:
circa77 wrote:I recently saw a picture somewhere of Invader installing a piece on the streets. He had a pole in his hands, was standing on the sidewalk and people were walking around. I think it was while he was in Hong Kong. Now I cant find the pic anywhere. Did any of you see it?

That sounds exactly like a picture that was recently posted on Failes Instragram, except the picture was of one of the Patricks and not Invader.
Ha! Oh wow, you are totally right. Thanks!
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

circa77 wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:

Ha! Oh wow, you are totally right. Thanks!
No Problem, but to be fair I'm pretty sure Invader used the same tactics back then so it would make sense that there might be an exact Invader pic like that somewhere. :)
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

new piece located in Rue de Louvre in Paris:

voice1
Swindler

Post by voice1 »

saL wrote:new piece located in Rue de Louvre in Paris:

Love it.

An amateur question for you. I see a lot of Invader-esque stuff out in the world. How does one know for certain that it is his work? Is it linked to his maps he puts out, or does he post updates somewhere? Was always curious.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

voice1 wrote:
saL wrote:new piece located in Rue de Louvre in Paris:

Love it.

An amateur question for you. I see a lot of Invader-esque stuff out in the world. How does one know for certain that it is his work? Is it linked to his maps he puts out, or does he post updates somewhere? Was always curious.
He confirms his hits with maps and social media updates
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

Invader issued a warning regarding his street pieces that are being sold online:
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

http://instagram.com/p/qSMh6OoMNh/

Signing a new print for The Provocateurs curated by Shepard Fairey
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

rlbchef wrote:http://instagram.com/p/qSMh6OoMNh/

Signing a new print for The Provocateurs curated by Shepard Fairey
I think the Banksy board has nailed it that this is a soft pack of Marlboro Reds. I guess this was taken off his instagram account quickly.

conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Warhol did Cambells cans so I don't see why people are getting upset that Invader is doing a pack of smokes.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

spagucci1 wrote:Warhol did Cambells cans so I don't see why people are getting upset that Invader is doing a pack of smokes.
Smoking has negative stigma.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.