MBW

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: MBW

Post by conartstudio »

cheap cologne wrote:Red variant this (weak)
http://mrbrainwash.com/store/storeprints/fragile.html
That's not a variant. The yellow is wrapped in caution tape and the red in fragile stickers... Those are two different prints. Both horrible.

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

conartstudio wrote:Both horrible.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

jjttdw wrote:
conartstudio wrote:Both horrible.
Actually I think they make a poignant statement about our wreckless embrace of deadly weapons and adeptly convey the dicotomy of how our society at once inculcates gun culture but harbors cautious regard to their destructive utility. The execution only buoys this sentiment in a masterful deptiction of the concept.

Just kidding, these are atrocious. I hope he gets the flesh-eating strep but dies in a fire first. #RealTalk
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

yah, i don't quite get the part about these being sticky-dart guns instead of real guns. i mean, were these real guns, i could definitely BS the sort of close reading that nigel has done, but by using sticky-dart guns, MBW has gone a step too far and muddled/confused any sort of point he might be trying to make. of course, there are cases in which a kid gets suspended from school for bringing in a harmless toy gun, but the same sort of "handle this fragile issue with care" point cannot be made about those situations.

i think i should just stop wasting my time trying to read more into a turd.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Is it time to move this thread to Pretty Vacant?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

illyanadmc wrote:yah, i don't quite get the part about these being sticky-dart guns instead of real guns. i mean, were these real guns, i could definitely BS the sort of close reading that nigel has done, but by using sticky-dart guns, MBW has gone a step too far and muddled/confused any sort of point he might be trying to make. of course, there are cases in which a kid gets suspended from school for bringing in a harmless toy gun, but the same sort of "handle this fragile issue with care" point cannot be made about those situations.

i think i should just stop wasting my time trying to read more into a turd.
i don't think MBW ever had a point to make, if he did then he would have finished his documentary. he just continues producing without any focus or purpose (other than just making money). he has no reason for doing anything. i remember watching an interview with him from a couple years ago and he was asked why he made a spock marylin image and his response was because nobody else did. i'm sure if you asked him why he made these images his response would be the exact same. there is no deeper reason or point behind any of his work, he just does it because.

perfect example of no rhyme or reason to his work: http://www.vulture.com/2010/04/banksy_mr_brainwash.html
(Interviewer) So, this show is about icons. I see Bill Gates.

(MBW) I know a little bit about Bill Gates. I don’t know deeply about his story, if it’s true or not true, but only to think about it and see what I hear is good enough for me.
he made a piece of Bill Gates in a show about icons yet he has absolutely no idea who Bill Gates is.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

From IMDB: Great quotes from Exit Through the Gift Shop

Banksy: Warhol repeated iconic images until they became meaningless, but there was still something iconic about them. Thierry really makes them meaningless.

Banksy: Yeah, I was faced with that terrible thing, when somebody shows you their work and everything about it is sh!t... so... you don't really know where to start.

Banksy: I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

I think he does not give a fvck to know if there is any meaning in his art... he's counting the dollars, and it takes him time to do due to the amount of $ bills...
sad but true...
:roll:

XXXX
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Mr. Brainwash is proud to introduce Hijack, an aspiring young artist, and his first silkscreen print. An original print based on Hijack's positive minded works and encouraging messages.

Hijack, Mr. Brainwash's 20 year old son, has been working his way up the street art scene. He recently held a sold out gallery exhibition in London.

Five-color screen print on hand torn archival paper, hand finished with spray paint. Each print is signed and numbered, with a thumb print on the back

Edition of 96, price $200

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
schmidt
Posse

Post by schmidt »

His sh!t is starting to feel to me like those cheesy wood signs w/ sayings you moms and grandmoms like to buy now and hang in their house...

"believe"...
"live, laugh, love"...
"bless this house"...
"welcome to my county home"...
"kiss the cook"...

Zzzzzzz......
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

schmidt wrote:His sh!t is starting to feel to me like those cheesy wood signs w/ sayings you moms and grandmoms like to buy now and hang in their house...

"believe"...
"live, laugh, love"...
"bless this house"...
"welcome to my county home"...
"kiss the cook"...

Zzzzzzz......
But this one has an anarchy A in it so its kinda radical :roll:
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

What sold out show in London???? :roll:
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

There was a show and it was very "hush,hush". VIPs only. Seems like he did sell but, not sure if his Old Man bought everything or not.
slidingaround wrote:What sold out show in London???? :roll:
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Molotov Man wrote:There was a show and it was very "hush,hush". VIPs only. Seems like he did sell but, not sure if his Old Man bought everything or not.

Very likely I would say.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

slidingaround wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:There was a show and it was very "hush,hush". VIPs only. Seems like he did sell but, not sure if his Old Man bought everything or not.
Very likely I would say.
Sold out or was everything in the show suddenly "Unavailable."
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

I posted a link about it on the previous page:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 68#p398368

There was a photo gallery on that huffington post link if you want to see the work MBW's artists created for his son's first show
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

THE NEW MBW IS HERE

He needs your money and you need his print!!! :lol: The thumbprint is so they can track him down after he steals your money.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

^now that's actually pretty clever, gotta say
on point like a decimalist?
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

$95 I would go for it..
$950? I just don't see a profit down the road.
password
Giant

Post by password »

cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

At least it is something new, fresh and original. :roll:
password
Giant

Post by password »

cheap cologne wrote:At least it is something new, fresh and original. :roll:
If you think that one is "new, fresh, and original", check this one out: http://www.artnet.com/auctions/artists/ ... ckey-mouse
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

password wrote:
cheap cologne wrote:At least it is something new, fresh and original. :roll:
If you think that one is "new, fresh, and original", check this one out: http://www.artnet.com/auctions/artists/ ... ckey-mouse
the spiderman, soup spray cans, fragile stickers and the word "bang" really tie the whole thing together :roll: i'd really like someone to try and explain that piece to me...

i never understood how an artist (using the term loosely) can use another artist's copyrighted image/character, reproduce it without changing, altering or repurposing anything, and then sell it as their own work… at least with MBW's Norman Rockwell ripoffs he (his assistants) altered the images and tried changing the meaning, with this piece is just taking one artist's work, Walt Disney, putting it on a canvas with a collage of completely random images and claiming it's now his creation. i'm surprised he didn't try to spin the mickey image by putting a spray can or paint roller in his hand. was this painting used for a licensed/backed Disney show or did MBW just come up with this all on his own?

here's another example of what i'm talking about:

this person just reproduced someone else's character and sold it as his own. nothing was added or changed to shultz' snoopy character to change the meaning or interpretation of the original piece. it's just snoopy laying on top of his dog house with more stolen images, from yet another artist, lazily thrown in as the background of the dog house.
password
Giant

Post by password »

This would go with the MBW Star Wars: http://www.culturelabel.com/products/Lord-Vader