MBW

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
omegaiori
Posse

MBW

Post by omegaiori »

new site up. with art on sale. good stuff in my opinion!

http://www.mrbrainwash.com
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Last edited by smartussi on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

I wouldnt pay $20 for an original canvas, just out of principle.
(Oh wait, there is nothing original)
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

I like some of his stuff but at those prices he can keep it (sorry)
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Cool stuff, agree with stickee though, a bit too pricey! Better work from more well known artists for that kind of price.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

David Bowie Vector $750? Is he on drugs?
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

yes he is
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
giiiant
Swindler

Post by giiiant »

Should have stuck to filming, though I can see why he wanted to join the gravy train. Sucks that he has no artistic vision whatsoever.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Re: MBW

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

Eh.
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
neverquiet
Giant

Post by neverquiet »

I like the Einstein one, $1500 is a joke though.
Men have become tools of their tools. -Thoreau
DZEL
Giant

Re: MBW

Post by DZEL »

when is "life's remote control" ever gonna be released?
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

i was a fan of MBW when I first saw his stuff but this outrageously unoriginal new material and pricing has completely turned me off :(
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
omegaiori
Posse

Post by omegaiori »

are you disappointed by mbw for some kind of fashion? ok he's practically copying his styles from other more famous artists but still, the execution is good in my opinion, the ideas are funny and nice and the attracting thing to me is that no other artist work in so many different medias. a blender, as 'somebody' said best.

and guys, when it's fine art 1500$ is not so much come on.

now you'll say it's not "fine" art i bet :)
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

I dont like him because he blatantly stole Rene's spray can image. He didnt take the image and re-work it with his own style like Shepard and others may do, he took it and is calling it his own. Because MBW has more backing than Rene many will think it is MBW original design. He took something from a fellow up-and-coming struggling artist and is saying it is his creation. tinkle poor.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by saintjordan »

Bonesy wrote:I dont like him because he blatantly stole Rene's spray can image. He didnt take the image and re-work it with his own style like Shepard and others may do, he took it and is calling it his own. Because MBW has more backing than Rene many will think it is MBW original design. He took something from a fellow up-and-coming struggling artist and is saying it is his creation. tinkle poor.

That is an extremely good point. You are exactly correct, he did blatantly steal Gagnon's spray can image. Even if you want to argue that some of his other stuff is semi-original (at best), you cannot even begin to argue any reason for him stealing another artist's image.

zanzi123
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

saintjordan wrote:
Bonesy wrote:I dont like him because he blatantly stole Rene's spray can image. He didnt take the image and re-work it with his own style like Shepard and others may do, he took it and is calling it his own. Because MBW has more backing than Rene many will think it is MBW original design. He took something from a fellow up-and-coming struggling artist and is saying it is his creation. tinkle poor.

That is an extremely good point. You are exactly correct, he did blatantly steal Gagnon's spray can image. Even if you want to argue that some of his other stuff is semi-original (at best), you cannot even begin to argue any reason for him stealing another artist's image.

or for stealing a kids 20 bucks :lol: :lol: :lol:
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

zanzi123 wrote:
saintjordan wrote:

or for stealing a kids 20 bucks :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is why people dont take you seriously Zanzi. :shock: You are now officially a dooshbag

Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

omegaiori wrote:
and guys, when it's fine art 1500$ is not so much come on.

now you'll say it's not "fine" art i bet :)

Yeah but the screen prints are only halve of that man. Come on. Those Marilyn blends are hideous. I'm sorry but seriously. Some of the vectors are well done but not $750 well done.
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

saintjordan wrote:This is why people dont take you seriously Zanzi. :shock: You are now officially a dooshbag

Could be worse... He could be a grown man anonymously calling a 13 year kid old a dooshbag on an internet forum.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

rastapunk wrote:
saintjordan wrote:This is why people dont take you seriously Zanzi. :shock: You are now officially a dooshbag

Could be worse... He could be a grown man anonymously calling a 13 year kid old a dooshbag on an internet forum.

No the only thing worse would be YOU puttin your two cents in where it doesnt mthrfckng belong. And I didnt realize there was an age minimum for dooshbag status. :shock:

Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

rastapunk wrote:

:lol:
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

saintjordan wrote:
rastapunk wrote:

No the only thing worse would be YOU puttin your two cents in where it doesnt mthrfckng belong. And I didnt realize there was an age minimum for dooshbag status. :shock:

CHILLLLL! it was just a joke
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

zanzi123 wrote:

Make it the last one.

zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

saintjordan wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:

Make it the last one.

whoa there jordan....Chillax.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

saintjordan wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:

Make it the last one.

get the stick out of your a$$ and leave the lil guy alone
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."