Banksy

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
RodTBod
Punk

Post by RodTBod »

Kinda bummed that I can't see the show (stuck here in NJ). I would be miffed if I flew out there and couldn't at least be able to buy a print. :(

Anyone who goes, be sure to take some pics/video for us who can't.

-Rod

rotten wrote:reports on banksy forum was that there were prints available....5 or 6, limited to 100 each and already sold out....geee, thanks banksy for letting your general public fans have an actual chance at getting a print, not just the "vip" invite only's. God i hope this info is wrong...
RodTBod
Punk

Post by RodTBod »

Wow. Wish I was there. :( Thanks for the link.

-Rod

PS, if any prints are available, I'd be interested if anyone picks up extras... Hey, I'm allowed to dream, aren't I? :)

scud80 wrote:bunch of pictures on

http://www.supertouchblog.com/

still don't know if there were any prints for sale (guess i'll find out today).
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

banksy show was great...had to miss work today to go check it out, but worth it...highly recommend it to all in the area...
Pretty Vacant
Posse

Post by Pretty Vacant »

Lots of hand-painted pieces this time. Kinda interesting to see huge canvases with no stencils used at all.
PxVx
Pretty Vacant
Posse

Post by Pretty Vacant »

Oh, and Mr. Brainwash sticks that camera right in your face, doesn't he? Think the lens touched my nose :D
PxVx
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

Excellent, someone who might know. One guy on the Banksy forum says he heard from his drunk friend there were prints for sale last night, and everyone is a buzz.

I call bullgarbage on it, because I don't care how VIP a list it is somebody would have put one on Ebay by now.

What say you?
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

two just sold on ebay for 1500...there were about 40 left of each print when the doors opened today....6 prints, each w/ an edition of 100 unsigned....for 500 each
Pretty Vacant
Posse

Post by Pretty Vacant »

We were told that roughly 60 of each sold last night, and that the remaining 40-ish of each were being sold today.
PxVx
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

Well there you go...the rumors are true.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Anyone get their Banksy print yet? I was going to wait until Sun..Any word on edition size? Do they provide a tube? Are they signed? Are they numbered?
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

They're long gone...sold out. Numbered but not signed, from what I heard. (He doesn't sign the prints I was told.)
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

reports from the first people that picked them up are saying that they are actually editions of 500, not 100 as stated at the show. so, these may be released by POW in the near future, or possibly at santa's ghetto at the end of november.
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

yep, 500 all right....just picked mine up this afternoon....a little irritated i dropped so much cash on a 500 edition, the woman from laz should have known enough to give us accurate information...def would have thought more on getting all 6 had i been given the correct info. Now where are the other 400? rumor has it laz is keeping the first 50...and would POW really sell prints that were printed at another facility? Feels like the godfather set all over again. ;)

scud80 wrote:reports from the first people that picked them up are saying that they are actually editions of 500, not 100 as stated at the show. so, these may be released by POW in the near future, or possibly at santa's ghetto at the end of november.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

scud80 wrote:reports from the first people that picked them up are saying that they are actually editions of 500, not 100 as stated at the show. so, these may be released by POW in the near future, or possibly at santa's ghetto at the end of november.

come on Santa's Ghetto.....

means i'll actually get a shot at 'em....
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

i'm pretty sure that duardo only printed 100 sets, which were those sold at the show. maybe they were numbered 51-150? it would be my guess that if pow ends up selling the remainder they will be printing them separately, so maybe the 100 from LA will be unstamped with the rag edges and the POW versions would be stamped and have straight edges. i suppose they could also be printed here and then shipped to the UK before being sold. time will tell.

i'm sort of sad because the $500 tag isn't as good of a deal, but at the same time this means i also have a chance to pick up the grannies. i like that print a lot, but not enough to pay $2000+ for it.

as an aside, i actually think the grannies are the weakest print of the 6 even though i like it. it's humorous but doesn't really have any commentary behind it like most of his others. i think the "destroy capitalism" is the best by far. others have been praising "applause" but it just seems too obvious to me. there's nothing really clever about it, though it is probably the best buy since it's twice the size of the others.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Hey guys,

I am picking up my stuff in the am.. THE SHOW WAS AMAZING AND BANKSY’S WORK CONTINUES TO IMPRESS!! ONE OF THE BEST ART SHOWS EVER BY FAR. He has come along way since small shows like Triple Five Soul in NYC.

The large edition SIZE was a bit of a surprise today, considering we were told it was an edition of 100 yesterday. The sales were chaos and very unorganized. I stood in line for quite a while and watched the lady count hash marks every time a person tried to buy a print… Didn’t seem to make much sense to recount the marks over and over again. Why didn’t she just write the number down after she counted!?

Nobody seemed to really know what was going on. Laz employees said quite a few times yesterday that the edition was 100, which made my purchase seem much more attractive. When stuff started to sell out, A Laz employee told us that a few more prints would be released Sat AM.

My GF went up this am, and waited outside to be first in, in hopes of scoring one of the "sold out" prints. The girl who was working today was extremely rude to her and short. The lady acted extremely put out and basically told her to pound sand when she inquired about further sales. When she asked to speak to the girl that wrote us up yesterday, the lady refused. Even though she could see her in the back office.

One of the awesome things about Shepard, Spazmat, Faile, and other artists is they (and their staff) care about the people that support them. They provide fantastic service, are approachable and value their supporters. They also provide honest and accurate information. I know that Banksy hired a group to assist him with the show, and I know that it was a huge under taking. With that said, there were very few details he over looked and sales were one of them. The attention to detail was everywhere, it just seemed like print sales may have been a last minute venture…
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

found a pic of the pink elephant.

scud80
Disposable Assassin

new banksy on sale at POW

Post by scud80 »

grannies - 500gbp signed, 200 unsigned

server is crashed at the moment but it will be back up sometime ... i picked the perfect night to have insomnia! even managed to buy before the crash so i don't have to stay up longer.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Re: new banksy on sale at POW

Post by mose »

scud80 wrote:grannies - 500gbp signed, 200 unsigned

server is crashed at the moment but it will be back up sometime ... i picked the perfect night to have insomnia! even managed to buy before the crash so i don't have to stay up longer.

i woke up relatively early for me, still too late :(

although probably for the best, i don't think the LA prints are particularly strong work by him.
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

daym that was fast!
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
henna
-

Post by henna »

I didn't like the image too much... but the panic over took me and I was trying desperately to purchase one. Had an unsigned in my basket then the server shat the bed and long story short, my shopping cart was empty. I was annoyed after running to my computer at 6 am after the wake up call from my buddy, but the more i cool off the less irritated I am. That really is a crepe print, and the only reason I wanted it was to say I owned a banksy. Image is nothing - but I'm a poser, what can I say?
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

whereas i think the print is great (along with the "destroy capitalism" and "morons" prints from LA, though the other 3 don't do much for me). it doesn't say much of importance, but neither does "laugh now" which is also one of my favorites. in general i only like about half of his prints anyway ... the street art is much better but sort of impossible to own so prints have to suffice.

now with all of the UK on high alert i doubt i'll be able to get any of the other 5 signed, but we'll see.
henna
-

Post by henna »

scud80 wrote:whereas i think the print is great (along with the "destroy capitalism" and "morons" prints from LA, though the other 3 don't do much for me). it doesn't say much of importance, but neither does "laugh now" which is also one of my favorites. in general i only like about half of his prints anyway ... the street art is much better but sort of impossible to own so prints have to suffice.

now with all of the UK on high alert i doubt i'll be able to get any of the other 5 signed, but we'll see.

The good/bad of the internet is that we have just as much opportunity as the brit who lives next door, unfortunately we need to be ready at 4 am.
noverflow wrote:This area is to complain, not to call people out. (except henna because he said he likes it, and it keeps us happy)
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

1:30 am for me ... which is the the main barrier to purchase, given that i'm up that late maybe once a month. if they went on sale during the day here it would be on like donkey kong.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

I amzingly scored an unsigned at 5:50 AM, word!