Banksy

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Banksy

Post by mose »

get the credit cards ready, rumors are hot and heavy about a new print hitting POW quite soon.

Good chance that this may be one of very few opportunities to score a signed Banksy at something less than $1000.00

http://www.picturesonwalls.com
Last edited by admonkey on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changing the subject line of this thread in order to prepare it to become the "master" Banksy thread.
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

Forget rent for the summer! Do you know how fast the signed Banksy's usually sell out on POW? My fear is that I'll miss this opportunity.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

ChapPKP wrote:Forget rent for the summer! Do you know how fast the signed Banksy's usually sell out on POW? My fear is that I'll miss this opportunity.

If I remember correctly, Jack and Jill(signed run of 350) was gone in something like 4 days.
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

So my best bet is to check the POW website daily? Is their anyother way to find out when they go for sale?
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Post by ChapPKP »

About how much does a new Banksy go for signed on POW?
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

where are rumors? i only check kidrobot's board, hypebeast, and vinylpulse for news (that would include banksy, anyway)

what board do you check?
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

Any idea on what the image might be? Also, I've found that when it comes to POW "soon" is a very relitive term. Also any word on pricing?
judy_o

Post by judy_o »

be sure to post when its up
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

Now might be a good time to look. Nothing new, but a couple of things that were thought to be sold out look like they might not be.
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Banksy fans

Post by rotten »

so what is the ballpark going price for a new signed banksy print when it's released from POW? I had a chance to buy the last Grin Reaper signed of the bunch that they had found over the weekend this morning, but balked at the 800ish dollar price (400 pounds)....just couldn't fit it in the budget for art this month after buying a couple other banksy's that came available on the site over the weekend as well. Just curious if that's what they usually go for, or if POW had bumped the price up because they'd been sold out for a while and had been selling for quite a bit on the ebay market....

mose wrote:get the credit cards ready, rumors are hot and heavy about a new print hitting POW quite soon.

Good chance that this may be one of very few opportunities to score a signed Banksy at something less than $1000.00

http://www.picturesonwalls.com
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

The recent ones 150 GBP. The Grin Reaper was 400 GBP at issue.
Perplexed
Punk

Post by Perplexed »

nixon451 wrote:The recent ones 150 GBP. The Grin Reaper was 400 GBP at issue.

I don't think POW are going to put the price up by too much on future Banksy prints. They went to keep on keeping it real.

But Laz is another matter altogether.

Rumours are they'll be a new limited Banksy Soup Can print through Laz out soon.

For 4000 GBP
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

yeah, saw that rumor recently on the banksy forum....don't think i'll be shelling out nearly 8 grand US for a print of a soup can, even though it's probably guaranteed money in the bank based on the sales of the kate's that were that limited....talk of the new cans being editions of 25 or so, right?

Perplexed wrote:
nixon451 wrote:The recent ones 150 GBP. The Grin Reaper was 400 GBP at issue.

I don't think POW are going to put the price up by too much on future Banksy prints. They went to keep on keeping it real.

But Laz is another matter altogether.

Rumours are they'll be a new limited Banksy Soup Can print through Laz out soon.

For 4000 GBP
Perplexed
Punk

Post by Perplexed »

Yep, 25. Not so sure it is money in the bank myself. Both are Warhol pastiches. But the Kate/Marilyn has much more contemporary resonance. The soup cans left a lot of people underwhelmed. I think people buying these for profit could in for a bit of a shock.

But then what do I know, I past on Girl With Balloon for 74.99 GBP at POW.
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

yeah, you never can tell what's gonna shoot up in value....i'm not a fan of the cans, or the kate for that matter...but it doesn't matter anyway because i can't afford to chuck 8 grand on a print that i hope makes a profit, heh. Hope POW releases a new print of his before the year is up though, would be a nice xmas present for myself. ;)

Perplexed wrote:Yep, 25. Not so sure it is money in the bank myself. Both are Warhol pastiches. But the Kate/Marilyn has much more contemporary resonance. The soup cans left a lot of people underwhelmed. I think people buying these for profit could in for a bit of a shock.

But then what do I know, I past on Girl With Balloon for 74.99 GBP at POW.
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

LA/US Banksy fans

Post by rotten »

speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

sweet!!!
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

yeah, i can't wait for this...it's about time we got a little Banksy love here in the states

speedoguy wrote:sweet!!!
JTK
Swindler

Post by JTK »

It's going to be an expensive weekend!
Perplexed
Punk

Post by Perplexed »

Save me a print!
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

any idea what this is going to entail? has he done this sort of thing before?
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

no idea at all...some are speculating new prints, new originals...i personally don't care if it's just an exhibition...have only seen the street stuff here in LA, never one of his gallery shows. New prints would be a nice touch though, but honestly i think only Laz and Banksy really know what's gonna go down that weekend.

scud80 wrote:any idea what this is going to entail? has he done this sort of thing before?
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

I DO have a little bit (just a tiny, tiny amount) of inside info about some of your questions, but I don't think that I can divulge it....heheheh. Sorry. I can confirm the event/show for LA and the dates as stated, though! LOL
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

you should PM me about it *wink* ... i will preemptorily deny any knowledge of the info such a message may or may not contain. hehe.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

2 new Banksy prints have dropped....

Post by mose »

and they are way, way out of my price range....

From Laz. gallery:

We have finally received the eagerly awaited Soup Can screen prints by Banksy.

As you will see there are a variation on the original design, as they feature four soup cans with gold tops.

The first set have been printed on cream paper and there are 54 in this edition, costing £3000 + vat each.

http://www.thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/ ... ground.jpg

The second set have been printed on grey paper and there are 12 in this edition, costing £4000 + vat each.

http://www.thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/ ... ground.jpg

Just used the wiki to show ya guys, i'll delete 'em later on...