Tavar Zawacki ( ABOVE )

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
karengolden1
Punk

Re: ABOVE

Post by karengolden1 »

Here are some images of the screen printed side wooden pieces that will make up the deluxe edition box to house Above:Passport

passport stamps close up

all questions regarding release date and price for the 15 deluxe box set should be emailed to ZERO+ publishing ( info@zeropluspublishing.com ) We are sorry but we do not have the answers to these questions.
TheEhTeam
Punk

Post by TheEhTeam »

whyhoo wrote:karen,

where was that shoe tree picture taken? i've only seen one tree like that in my life... but i bet there are more.
i am pretty sure that is the tree just off of brick lane in london.
furthermore, this artwork is elementary level art class crepe and you're constant spamming of this forum karen is getting awfully annoying.

WHY HAS ABOVE NOT FIRED YOU YET? THE CONSENSUS SHOWS YOU ARE UNWELCOME AND 100% ANNOYING! UNLESS THIS IS ABOVE'S ATTEMPT TO USE A SECONDARY NAME TO KEEP THE SHITE FROM STICKING TO HIM FOR BEING A CHEESE BAG!

ONE LAST QUESTION, HOW THE HELL IS BUYING THIS GARBAGE?
Please Take A Minute To Peruse Our Available Artwork ---> http://www.TheEhTeam.BigCartel.com Thank You
karengolden1
Punk

Post by karengolden1 »

Just released right now the 6th and last celebrity of the here today gone tomorrow series. Marilyn Monroe.

Click here for purchase details and info about the print http://goabove.com/main/

http://goabove.com/main/
karengolden1
Punk

Post by karengolden1 »

We just got new images and links from Above's publisher ( ZERO+) about their special boxed edition of Above's book Passport. This edition is limited at 200. Take a look at this enormously big and detailed boxed series. Judging by the looks of this boxed edition there was a lot of time, detail, and money invested in this to make such a stunning project.

This is the file image of the front cover of the box. We were informed that Above and ZERO + both wanted to mimic every aspect of the real United States passport. The publisher said that Above wanted the same vinyl and gold leaf embossing on the cover of each box to replicate that of the normal US passport. The actual cover has gold leaf embossing and replicate vinyl that of US issued passports.

This is the exterior box that houses inside the actual larger than life Passport. This box set is enormous and details such as printing on the exterior box and spine of the box were included.

Opening of the exterior box showing the large Above Passport box.

Holding the Above: Passport boxed edition. Look at the size reference. This edition is housed in a vinyl clamshell box placed in a publisher’s shipping box
Size: 20.5 tall x 16.5 wide x 2.25 depth " (52.1 tall x 41.9 wide x 5.7cm depth)

Opening of the Passport box to reveal Above:Passport book. There will be a signed, dated, and numbered gicleé print that will also be included inside the Passport box. Attention to detail with the secure fitting of the book as well as the gold ribbon underneath all make getting the book in and out of the large passport box easy and secure.

This is the image of the gicleé print to be included in each of the special boxed editions. Above will sign, date, and number each print.

Here are all 3 of the exterior box, the Passport box, and the book all spread out.

*Please click this link to see more technical specs about the book and to purchase. This edition is limited at only 200.

CLICK HERE to see more details, technical specs and to purchase. http://www.zeropluspublishing.com/above ... cial_1.jpg
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

Technical Specs
Edition: 200
Sales start at edition number 61/200
Hardcover book: signed/numbered - 12.25 x 12.25" (31.1 x 31.1cm)
156 pages
Over 120 color plates
ISBN 978-1-937222-04-8
Designed by Blaine Fontana of FONTANA STUDIOS
This edition is housed in a vinyl clamshell box placed in a publisher’s shipping box
Size: 20.5 x 16.5 x 2.25" (52.1 x 41.9 x 5.7cm)
Weight: 9.5 lbs / 4.3 kg
Giclee print: signed/numbered - edition 200 - image size 11 x 16" (27.9 x 40.6cm) / paper size 13 x 18 (33 x 45.7cm)
Price: $250.00
Book will ship in late-October
(Domestic shipping $40.00 / international shipments will require a second invoice based on actual rates)
"I make my own luck."
karengolden1
Punk

Post by karengolden1 »

Above and White walls gallery are presenting Above's 1st U.S.A. solo show in Miami for Art Basel. Above's show is titled Rise Above and features 12 new large multimedia canvas works from the international artist.

here is a direct link to see and inquire about more info.

http://www.whitewallssf.com/blog/2011/1 ... s-release/
SHT!
Giant

Post by SHT! »

in miami...

SHT! Store
http://www.SHTexclamation.com
SHT! Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SHTexclamation
SHT! Email
imakeSHT@gmail.com
SHT! Instagram
@SHTexclamation
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

NAME: 1970 HOLLYWOOD ARROW BOX

RELEASE DATE: T.B.A.

FEATURES: 5 arrows and 1 larger arrow box make up this set. The 5 arrows are each 12 inches (30 cm) tall X 10 inches (25 cm) wide and the larger arrow box is 22 inches tall (55 cm) x 20 inches ( 50 cm) wide X 3 inches (7.62 cm) deep that house all the arrows inside. Above screen printed both front and back of each arrow. All arrows are signed, dated and numbered by Above. There are 5 wooden stands included inside the larger arrow box to allow each wooden arrows to stand upright.

EDITION SIZE: Only 10 box sets

more info here >
Check out my Wall of Stache Fame collection!
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

box release date was announced - Friday November 16th at 09:00 Los Angeles (Pacific Standard Time), available HERE!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Uhh, Pacino's Scarface is an 80s movie. Nice Loom, though.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Gigantico wrote:Uhh, Pacino's Scarface is an 80s movie. Nice Loom, though.
FAIL!!! hahahahaha.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

tomorrow, Thursday January 24th, Above is releasing "Above Santiago", a new, low edition hand finished print:

"Above Santiago"
Above
silkscreen + watercolor
edition of 25
22 inches x 15 inches (56 cm. x 38 cm)
Lennox-100 Archival white 250 GSM paper
signed, dated, numbered and custom embossed by Above + individually numbered C.O.A. (certificate of authenticity)
$99 + shipping

more info here >
Above posters
Punk

Post by Above posters »

Good morning forum members,
Above has started printing a new series titled Idols, heroes and pioneers. The first print in the I.H.P. series is Marilyn Monroe and titled, Marilyn likes it hotter. He explained that each print is heavily hand painted from the very beginning up to the final layer. Above is painting directly on the paper with brush, spraypaint, stencils, and oil pastels to give each print an extremely unique 1-off quality.
Take a look the images we have so far of this 20+ layer print being made.
This is a mock up testing out different colors in Photoshop.

painting with spray, and brush on the background of each print.

Marilyn silhouette layer.

example 1

example 2

example 3

example 4
another stencil laid on top
example of stencil after painted.

We hope you enjoy watching Above's progression of the Marilyn likes it hotter. We appreciate all of your love and support. Jessica.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Did Karen get the sack? ;)
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

slidingaround wrote:Did Karen get the sack? ;)
I wondered the same thing.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Above posters
Punk

Post by Above posters »

Hey there Slidingaround and notudon. Let me introduce myself to you and the other forum members. My name is Jessica and I'm now taking over the posting on forum boards for Above's artworks. Yes, Karen was fired as Above didn't feel she was posting correctly and making his appearance on these forum boards reflect negative on his art. We are now working together on changing a lot of new positive aspect of how I post about his new releases. Admittedly I'm on these forum boards to post about new works from Above but I actually have an interest for prints and many artists on these forum boards so I will be trying to partake in other threads as well :) As you have seen by my previous post Above is working on a new print with many layers. He and I talked about his interest for me to post new images of his process of this print for all of you to see and enjoy. My intention is not to spam like Karen previously did but to instead inform and show you actually interesting images of upcoming works from Above. On behalf of Above I want to say thank you all for your love, interest and support. 2013 is shaping up very nice and we hope to offer you beautiful prints from Above.
Jess'
Above posters
Punk

Post by Above posters »

Above finished printing the A/P reverse edition of Marilyn likes it hotter This print has 24 layers and as you can see every print is very different from the other as Above hand painted each one individually.

in process with still more layers to print.

Here is one of prints from the A/P 'reverse' edition.

Each print is a unique 1-off.

deckled edges

close up

close up

Above is starting on the normal edition of Marilyn likes it hotter I will post process photos in the coming days. Thank you all for your interest and support.
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Jessica,
What is the significance of the backwards text?
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

smartussi wrote:Jessica,
producing real APs and differencing them from the regular batch ? [just thoughts]

XXXX
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

lepublicnme wrote:
producing real APs and differencing them from the regular batch ? [just thoughts]

XXXX
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Makes it more Satanic :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Above posters
Punk

Post by Above posters »

Above wanted to make an a/p edition of this print. Usually most artists add some type of hand finishing element or color swap but since each print is hand painted no two are the same. Above decided to flip the image in reverse and print a reverse edition for the a/p. I hope this answers your question.
Above posters
Punk

Post by Above posters »

lepublicnme wrote:

XXXX

The a/p edition are these that are reversed. Above is currently printing the normal edition now.
fab22
Punk

Post by fab22 »

Wow so much dog and pony about these prints. If I never see another Marilyn Monroe ANYTHING it won't be soon enough.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

2 things. One, I like Jessica way better than Karen. Two, while I won't be grabbing this print it has piqued my curiosity regarding this new direction in Aboves work. Had Karen not turned me off to Above I might even consider purchasing something someday
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Here are some Above pieces I found on my Street Art Spring Break last year.
Who's got my old stickers?