KAWS

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
Giant

Re: KAWS

Post by 843 »

I think its actually kind of cool that he is releasing this via his website for everyone to have a shot. Its like Shep releasing the RISK HPM, gives everyone a shot not just the folks that are in the "know" and make gallery shows. Being a long time Kaws fan i do wish they were cheaper but if people are willing to pay it, good for him. Obviously i don't have 24K to be able to score these but i would think that there are plenty of people that will scoop these up no problem.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

843 wrote:Its like Shep releasing the RISK HPM, gives everyone a shot not just the folks that are in the "know" and make gallery shows.
the diffrence is that sheps intentions are to make art somewhat affordable ( relative term i guess) to the masses ,.
Where it appears kaws is attempting to alienate almost everyone except for the 1% of the 1 %. 24K is sure alot to send for silkscreen set .
If i had that type of money to spend on art...I would be going for a original.

and to think this dude used to actually spend his own money to get people to see his artwork on the city streets.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Hello:

I am sorry, but not individual prints will be available from us. We will notify you when we have individual prints to be released in the future.

Sincerely,

KAWSONE
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

vvk wrote:
843 wrote:Its like Shep releasing the RISK HPM, gives everyone a shot not just the folks that are in the "know" and make gallery shows.
the diffrence is that sheps intentions are to make art somewhat affordable ( relative term i guess) to the masses ,.
Where it appears kaws is attempting to alienate almost everyone except for the 1% of the 1 %. 24K is sure alot to send for silkscreen set .

and to think this dude used to actually spend his own money to get people to see his artwork on the city streets.
Agreed. The RISK HPM is basically an OG for the price of one of these KAWS prints (without having to buy 9 more, obviously). You can get a seriously sick Shep original with $24K and a bit of patience.
Giant

Post by 843 »

Solar wrote:
vvk wrote:

Agreed. The RISK HPM is basically an OG for the price of one of these KAWS prints (without having to buy 9 more, obviously). You can get a seriously sick Shep original with $24K and a bit of patience.

Yeah, i guess its all what your into. If i was loaded and could do it, I would personally take these 10 prints rather than one big Shep fine art piece. But I will prob never have either so it doesnt really matter! :lol:
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

up
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

adambad wrote:up
Sold out!!!
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

spagucci1 wrote:
adambad wrote:up
Sold out!!!
Do you guys think these really sold out so quickly?
I have a hard time believing it.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

I doubt there were many left after the pre-order period.

Did anyone cart one? I'm just curious if the buyer had to use a card or put money down, since payment was to be made by wire transfer. If not, I could totally see the entire run being reserved by the same art trolls who like to 'cart and release' on POW and papermonster.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Everyone here is forgetting one major fact. There is a huge chunk of KAWS collectors who are high end collectors and can throw around money at prices like those(I will bet money a large percentage of these were pre-sold to priority collectors before the public even knew about them). There is also a chance that not all 100 sets were sold intact and some will be sold individually after the hype for these have died down. All speculation on my part, but I'm not a bit surprised these sold out quickly.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

DunDun wrote:Everyone here is forgetting one major fact. There is a huge chunk of KAWS collectors who are high end collectors and can throw around money at prices like those(I will bet money a large percentage of these were pre-sold to priority collectors before the public even knew about them). There is also a chance that not all 100 sets were sold intact and some will be sold individually after the hype for these have died down. All speculation on my part, but I'm not a bit surprised these sold out quickly.
It was confirmed that single prints will not be sold by the KAWS camp.
Giant

Post by 843 »

I think sometimes we all forget that there are a massive amount of people around the world that have endless amounts of cash. There are even people on this forum that could buy these without a second thought. Didn't surprise me one bit that these sold out so fast.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

843 wrote:I think sometimes we all forget that there are a massive amount of people around the world that have endless amounts of cash. There are even people on this forum that could buy these without a second thought. Didn't surprise me one bit that these sold out so fast.
Congrats ideabolo, looking forward to seeing these up when you lend your "collection" to the next Museum... Seriously
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

invasion of Kaws photos from both shows @ Perrotin & Mary Boone started on Instagram:

Check out my Wall of Stache Fame collection!
Giant

Post by 843 »

Kaws on the cover of Paper magazine

http://www.papermag.com/2013/11/kaws_is_everywhere.php
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

There are some KAWS and Original Fake items available at this shop

http://shop.fruitionlv.com/category/original-fake/
Giant

Post by 843 »

PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Did anyone get their order confirmations yet?
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

PDC wrote:Did anyone get their order confirmations yet?
Kidding.
Giant

Post by 843 »

a glimpse at Kaws personal art collection

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 ... .html?_r=0
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Got a kick out of this Chuck Close quote from the story:

“Contemporary art is the most overpriced, overvalued stuff — thank God,” he says.
jumpjump
Punk

Post by jumpjump »

RARE KAWS @NIGO‘s former home and studio in Tokyo.

http://www.jumpjump.biz/2013/12/rare-ka ... tudio.html

saL
Giant

Post by saL »

a new piece for PLAY YOUR PART show, opening at Galeria Javier Lopez, February 20th, Madrid
saL
Giant

Post by saL »

more preview photos of Kaws' upcoming show in Madrid @ ArrestedMotion.com...