SKATEBOARD DECKS?

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
pigcity
Swindler

Re: SKATEBOARD DECKS?

Post by pigcity »

Nice one John, looking good, I had to trade my Gators couldn't deal with the bad karma associated with that freak.
Nice Jesse Sungod, whats that Madrid top right, a team model???
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

pigcity wrote:Nice one John, looking good, I had to trade my Gators couldn't deal with the bad karma associated with that freak.
Nice Jesse Sungod, whats that Madrid top right, a team model???

Yeah, thanks, and +I on most of my Gators, but I can't seem to cut loose of that Victor Vasarely style graphic.

The Madrid is 87 Owen Nieder "Punk Skull" or "Rambo Skull''
pigcity
Swindler

Post by pigcity »

Drop me a PM got a hookup on some NOS decks at a good price if you're interested
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

As usual, nothing near what Toyroom has. Been meaning to post a few of my favorite decks:

Two hand-painted Kris Markovich decks (Given Skateboards, 2008 for Skatepark of Tampa):

Details (one has blue in the eyes, both have the words "Given" written in the background in multiple colors and sizes):

Last edited by Raggadrop on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Raggadrop wrote:As usual, nothing near what Toyroom has. Been meaning to post a few of my favorite decks:

Two hand-painted Kris Markovich decks (Given Skateboards, 2008 for Skatepark of Tampa):

Details (one has blue in the eyes, both have the words "Given" written in the background in multiple colors and sizes):

Two hand-painted Mark Gonzales decks (part of a mural comprised of 100 of these decks for Krooked Skateboards in '02 or '04, I believe):

Mark Gonzales, KAWS guest artist series deck (Krooked Skateboards, 1st edition, #4/400 from 2004; http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/74104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Ed Templeton signed "Insecurity" deck (Toy Machine Skateboards, not sure of exact date, 2006?)

In the background is a painting by Lance Mountain of Jimmy Cliff’s "The Harder They Come" (The Firm Skateboards, a graphic for Rodrigo Tx deck. I have three more of these paintings by Lance (love his art).

Finally, my favorite deck. A super rare, Jeremy Fish designed "Fishtales" deck (Element skateboards, 2006). Not sold in stores, limited to friend, family and team. I have only seen two of these for sale on eBAY

This deck was the subject of the "Fishtales" video: http://it.truveo.com/Fishtales-Film/id/1706311110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and the making of "Fishtales": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTb4RPzM ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
You're kidding right!

Those are all awesome and would love to have any one of em.

Original skate art vs. prints.

Do you have a pic of the Gonz's 100 deck mural. I saw it once when they were selling em but by the time I got to them it was pretty picked over.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

Nice J! You wish you had my shrink wrapped Caballero, huh? :wink: :lol:
toyroom wrote:I was asked to participate in a Skate Deck gallery show and do an installation of old 80's decks, and newer 90's through the present, decks.

So this is what I came up with.

The show isn't set up yet but there was supposed to be a lot of painted decks as well as an installation of 60's and 70's decks.

I'll have some pics when the show is done If anybody is interested.
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Yeah D, I'm just waiting for you to give it to me.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

toyroom wrote:
Raggadrop wrote: Two hand-painted Mark Gonzales decks (part of a mural comprised of 100 of these decks for Krooked Skateboards in '02 or '04, I believe):
Do you have a pic of the Gonz's 100 deck mural. I saw it once when they were selling em but by the time I got to them it was pretty picked over.
Actually, that is something that I do have Toyroom! Here you go:

A little closer:

Either typical "Gonz" or an error by Krooked PR, the numbers on the deck do not correspond to this chart at all. Mine are from the bike crank and bottom border parts (44 & 80):

Here are a series of Lance Mountain paintings. They are all graphics from The Firm (RIP) for the "Active Art Show", Costa Mesa, CA (Oct. 6th, 2004). These photos don't do the works justice (we are techno limited in the Raggadrop Household).

Bob Burnquist "Bomber", 2001

Javier Sarmiento "Zorro", 2002

Lance Mountain "Lancer" (a tribute to his father), 2001

Rodrigo Tx "Harder They Come", 2004
battlered
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by battlered »

that yellow hammerhead is awesome
quis23
Punk

Post by quis23 »

That j .fish deck is sick. I regret to this day not picking it up when i had the chance .
The gonz and l. mountain stuff is also incredible !!
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

quis23 wrote:That j .fish deck is sick. I regret to this day not picking it up when i had the chance .
The gonz and l. mountain stuff is also incredible !!
Thanks, man. Yeah, that Jeremy Fish board was an awesome pickup. I'm going to post the rest of my Fish collection today. The Lance Mountain ptgs are some of the best art I own. The guy is really talented. You should check out his website; a real archive of skate history. Apart from his paintings for sale, his photos from "the Lords of Dogtown" and stencil pieces are worth checking out.
quis23
Punk

Post by quis23 »

Lance's work is awesome and is style in one of a kind. Its cool to see guys like him and Cab doing art now.I grew up skating in the early 90's and my favs sk8ing back then are now some of my favorite artist now. Guys like
N. Blender, Gonz, Templeton , & Andy Howell just to name few.
Raggadrop
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Raggadrop »

I agree totally. quis23. My entire collection is pretty much by skateboarders turned artists. One of these days I'll post my Ed Templeton pieces.

There is a picture of my Neil Blender in the fine art thread: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whynot1
Posse

Post by whynot1 »

Great new book coming out. Available now for pre-order thru Amazon. Great resource/reference books. His first book is great as well.

The Disposable Skateboard Bible by Sean Cliver
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thecsoldier
Punk

Post by thecsoldier »

ive got a set of 3 obeyXreal decks ill trade for a couple prints
PM me if you guys want pics
Its that warriors vs. baseball fury element to glitch his motor sensory development
I am a star, really.
The big bang bastard's back with a one way ticket to Beat Street.
pigcity
Swindler

Post by pigcity »

Anyone interested there is a limited edition of 250 Powell Peralta Ray Bones Rodriguez VCJ graphic

http://www.oldskullskateboards.com/Powe ... %20ltd.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Did anyone else pickup the Supreme Skate Decks designed by Robert Longo today? They're still for sale. I was really happy to get a copy of "Eric" as I love that Men In The City Series.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

DunDun wrote:Did anyone else pickup the Supreme Skate Decks designed by Robert Longo today? They're still for sale. I was really happy to get a copy of "Eric" as I love that Men In The City Series.
I picked up the "Eric" deck also for the same reason.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Backpackpunk wrote:
DunDun wrote:Did anyone else pickup the Supreme Skate Decks designed by Robert Longo today? They're still for sale. I was really happy to get a copy of "Eric" as I love that Men In The City Series.
Can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the other two. Eric def stands alone, whereas the other two I would say need to be displayed together.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

DunDun wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:
Can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the other two. Eric def stands alone, whereas the other two I would say need to be displayed together.
I passed on the other two, whereas almost all the other Supreme artist deck series work really well together I feel like the "Eric" deck stands out and that its more like 3 separate decks as opposed to a series.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Backpackpunk wrote:
DunDun wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:
I passed on the other two, whereas almost all the other Supreme artist deck series work really well together I feel like the "Eric" deck stands out and that its more like 3 separate decks as opposed to a series.
It does seem that most of the other series work pretty well together. The Chris Wool series was little out there, but still worked as set. I think the two black decks will look good next to each other, just don't know if I want boobies and a Nuke on my wall.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

So for this release Supreme limited you to one deck, they did this for the Hirst as well. Wool, Baldessari no problem buy a set.

Does anyone know how this works? I mean, if I buy a different one in a couple of days are they going to ban me? I think the Boobs and the Bomb will be around for a while.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

nixon451 wrote:So for this release Supreme limited you to one deck, they did this for the Hirst as well. Wool, Baldessari no problem buy a set.

Does anyone know how this works? I mean, if I buy a different one in a couple of days are they going to ban me? I think the Boobs and the Bomb will be around for a while.
If you have different CC's it will work. I ordered three KAWS deck because those too were ONE a piece. I had the same shipping addy for all of them. As long as you use another email and CC you'll be fine.
password
Giant

Post by password »

nixon451 wrote:So for this release Supreme limited you to one deck, they did this for the Hirst as well. Wool, Baldessari no problem buy a set.

If you have the exact same customer info, they will block your order from even submitting.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

Thanks for the info.