Cleon Peterson

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re: Cleon Peterson

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

skoola wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:Turns out it was the copy Amp had given to Beejoir who then donated it to his friend who sold it to me. :)

it always cracks me up when artists' friends think so highly of the work given to them that they turn around and sell it

Hence my "Well maybe Beejoir did'nt like it?" comment. And yeah its a bit of a cheek i'd say. But at least it's in the hands of someone who appreciates it now.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:
skoola wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:Turns out it was the copy Amp had given to Beejoir who then donated it to his friend who sold it to me. :)

it always cracks me up when artists' friends think so highly of the work given to them that they turn around and sell it

Hence my "Well maybe Beejoir did'nt like it?" comment. And yeah its a bit of a cheek i'd say. But at least it's in the hands of someone who appreciates it now.

indeed :)
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

Up at OG. Of course it's been up all week on the gallery's website.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Yes it's up just coming back through stage 3! Anyone through yet? This is gonna be close!
Wait, i dont want this print,:)

i miss the obey rush! Bring on the next print battle!
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

can someone who buys this print please explain it to me.....anyone :?
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
AnotherDesigner
Swindler

Cleon Peterson Print

Post by AnotherDesigner »

What are your thoughts? Only 38 available off the site, out of a 100 print run.

It's up on Obeygiant.com now for sale.

Sweet colors!
Last edited by AnotherDesigner on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DunDun
Giant

Re: Cleon Peterson Print

Post by DunDun »

conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

What is this? Post anywhere you want day?
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

And what if someone flips it?

I heard that "theory" already has 6 up on the bay!
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Any one bought one yet?

I mean you could buy them from Cleons site already right?
jimmy4wmu
Posse

Post by jimmy4wmu »

Cranbrooke Pride!!!!
daanmuller
Posse

Post by daanmuller »

I tried to buy one earlier from New Image but that didnt seem to work, although the whole sale process went great with a price of $0.00, confirmation and all. But somehow I dont think that order will arrive, shipping was $0.00 also.

But yes I bought one from OG. I like it. It has the same appeal some ultra violent and/or zombie movies have for me, it makes me laugh. This may sound a bit strange, I know. Maybe it was seeing Dawn of the Dead after sneaking in to the cinema when I was 10 years old with my best friend. But really, I am a very peaceful person. ;)

cheers, Daan
Art by Daan - My artblog
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

Gigantico wrote:
I heard that "theory" already has 6 up on the bay!

The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

I actually like the colours, illustration style but just not the subject!
stinkypete
Giant

Re:

Post by stinkypete »

daanmuller wrote:I tried to buy one earlier from New Image but that didnt seem to work, although the whole sale process went great with a price of $0.00, confirmation and all. But somehow I dont think that order will arrive, shipping was $0.00 also.

But yes I bought one from OG. I like it. It has the same appeal some ultra violent and/or zombie movies have for me, it makes me laugh. This may sound a bit strange, I know. Maybe it was seeing Dawn of the Dead after sneaking in to the cinema when I was 10 years old with my best friend. But really, I am a very peaceful person. ;)

cheers, Daan

great finally someone who's bought it, now. help me to under stand
you buy this, print you take it home, you put it on your wall then every subsequent day as you go past it you get to exclaim "aaaarrggghhhh!!!"
and run screaming into another room,
so its a motivational tool/cure for narcolepsy what?
Last edited by stinkypete on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
barbee
Swindler

Post by barbee »

armcurl wrote:
whyhoo wrote:low numbers only matter if you're a phish fan. just sayin.

No idea what that might be.
But anyway, I guess numbers don't matter so much with mass appeal stuff like Shep. When 250 prints sell in a minute, numbers mean nish. Elsewhere, with slower burning artists, a low number generally reflects an early purchase: by way of example there might six months or more between the sale dates of a Banksy Weston Supermare #5 and a #65 despite being £70 a pop(compare this to more recent works by the same artist: snapped up in an instant by resellers and city boys). A low number hanging on your wall traditionally suggests an early interest and hence greater kudos.
Cleon will sell a lot of prints this week purely because they're on sale via obeygiant: the Shep fanboys and eBay resellers will lap 'em up. Since I bought mine direct, purely as a result of liking the artist - it would be nice if that earlier, *genuine* interest could be reflected in an early edition number on my wall. S'all.

...and what *is* a 'phish' ?

Armcurl -- if my number is lower than yours, I'll trade you if you want. Will let you know when it arrives.
armcurl
Punk

Re:

Post by armcurl »

daanmuller wrote:I tried to buy one earlier from New Image but that didnt seem to work, although the whole sale process went great with a price of $0.00, confirmation and all. But somehow I dont think that order will arrive, shipping was $0.00 also.

NIA's checkout is broken- has been for a while. I just emailed them and sorted it all out that way; arrived back in January.
What I'd like explained is why a print that's been readily available for weeks suddenly sells out in minutes when it's sold via obeygiant. Do you think flippers and fanboys bought it thinking it was a Shep. Fairey? It didn't seem *very* clear that it wasn't to the 'casual' buyer...
reus
Punk

Post by reus »

dont care for it.
Patillac13 wrote:^ I've got my team of lawyers working on it right now.

But seriously, you didn't have to go all caps on me!
skoola
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by skoola »

armcurl wrote:What I'd like explained is why a print that's been readily available for weeks suddenly sells out in minutes when it's sold via obeygiant. Do you think flippers and fanboys bought it thinking it was a Shep. Fairey? It didn't seem *very* clear that it wasn't to the 'casual' buyer...

higher exposure + only 38 available = sellout in minutes

also it makes it fairly clear on the obeygiant homepage that this is a guest artist
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Much appreciation to Obey for putting all of the print's details on their site. These things are nice to know about.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

SOLD OUT...what a difference an endorsment makes!
extremeimages77
Giant

Re:

Post by extremeimages77 »

Gigantico wrote:Much appreciation to Obey for putting all of the print's details on their site. These things are nice to know about.

i agree
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
whyhoo
itsame

Re:

Post by whyhoo »

cheers, Daan

dawn of the dead - that's the first thing i thought too!!!

how's that GID companion doing daan?!
on point like a decimalist?
inkdigital
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by inkdigital »

Johnster0228 wrote:SOLD OUT...what a difference an endorsment makes!

So true...:roll:
James Reeves
Posse

Post by James Reeves »

I bought an original. I love Cleon's work. See one in persona and a lot of you will change your mind about him