Supply and Demand 20th Anniversary

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
mccoy87
Punk

Supply and Demand 20th Anniversary

Post by mccoy87 »

Hi everyone,

Full disclosure: I am a total newbie in this world.

To start my collection, I would like to buy the art books from Shepard Fairey.
The 20th edition of Supply & Demand is available on Obey Giant, and it is a signed edition.

I was wondering if it is the same edition I can find on Amazon and elsewhere and if these books are also signed or if the signed edition is an exclusivity on Obey Giant.
If that's the case, do you think it justifies the extra money ($30-$40 on Amazon and $60+$20 on Obey Giant)?

Thanks
Cookie Head
Giant

Re: Supply and Demand 20th Anniversary

Post by Cookie Head »

Welcome! It's the same book, the list price is $60 and Amazon undercuts everything to rule the world. The one from Amazon will not be signed. Is the signature worth the extra $? That's for you to decide. I purchased one directly from Obey and felt good about my decision.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

Also, if you are in the L.A. area you can visit the Gallery and pick it up to save on the shipping*. Personally I prefer to buy direct from the artist whenever I can because I know the extra that I'm paying is going to supporting them directly.

*I should add that I assume you can.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
mccoy87
Punk

Post by mccoy87 »

Many thanks!

I've ordered the signed edition from Obey.