Vivienne Westwood’s son is burning $7 million in punk memora

Art world information from members who make it their business.

Moderator: Posse

vvk
Giant

Vivienne Westwood’s son is burning $7 million in punk memora

Post by vvk »

how nice it must be to be rich and privileged.
Im gonna make a statement about punk rock and burn everything, Well becuase museums are garbage and the youth of the world would never gain anything from viewing the collection i have. If this guy was truly punk rock , he would throw himself in the fire too. must be a ploy to sell more underwear.

Quick, arthunter get on a plane and save all that punk memrobillia

keep the country country y'all. ( signs you see in the north shore of oahu, except i added the y'all part )

http://qz.com/641428/vivienne-westwoods ... morabilia/

On November 26, punk will burn.

The entrepreneur Joseph Corré has announced he will protest the lame-ification of the 1970s cultural movement by burning his extensive and valuable collection of punk memorabilia. This exercise in ostentatious badassery will cost roughly £5 million ($7.1 million).
Joseph Corré with a friend in 2008.(AP Photo/Lilli Strauss)

Corré is the son of the punk legends Malcolm McLaren and designer Vivienne Westwood, who assembled and dressed the punk band the Sex Pistols, and in the process defined the look and sound of the era. That anti-establishment legacy, Corré says, is now being threatened by creeping banality.

“The Queen giving 2016, the Year of Punk, her official blessing is the most frightening thing I’ve ever heard,” Corré wrote in a statement to Crack magazine. “Talk about alternative and punk culture being appropriated by the mainstream. Rather than a movement for change, punk has become like a frankfurter museum piece or a tribute act.”

It’s unclear whether Queen Elizabeth (who the Sex Pistols gleefully denigrated in their 1977 song “God Save the Queen”) made any such statement. (Quartz’s calls to Buckingham Palace’s press office have yet to be answered.) His criticism seems to stem from a series of events running this year to celebrate the birth of punk. The events are being funded in part by the UK’s National Lottery Fund, a public body advised by, though technically independent from, the British Parliament.

Corré, an entrepreneur who founded the Agent Provocateur lingerie label, has timed his purge—via a bonfire in the North London neighborhood of Camden—to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of the Sex Pistols single “Anarchy in the UK.” He encourages others to join him in flinging their punk bric-a-brac into the abyss.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: Vivienne Westwood’s son is burning $7 million in punk me

Post by jjttdw »

The guy is an assclown.