Meet Shepard Fairey & See American Civics at SFAE! Saturday,

Art world information from members who make it their business.

Moderator: Posse

vvk
Giant

Meet Shepard Fairey & See American Civics at SFAE! Saturday,

Post by vvk »

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/6484 ... d8523b399/

A M E R I C A N C I V I C S
A Collaboration Between Shepard Fairey & The Jim Marshall Estate
OPENING RECEPTION
Saturday, August 13
7:00PM - 10:00PM
RSVP
(click RSVP to be added to our guest-list)
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE DEBUT!

In the American Civics series, Shepard Fairey interprets Jim Marshall’s iconic photography from the 1960s - including images of Johnny Cash, Cesar Chavez, and Fannie Lee Chaney - with five new works, vividly depicting the humanity behind some of our country’s enduring social issues.

Shepard Fairey will be present at the opening event to meet with collectors. We ask that you kindly refrain from bringing any additional materials to seek autographs.

ABOUT THE EXHIBIT

We will be featuring each of the five American Civics prints in the gallery, along-side the Jim Marshall photograph that served as the inspiration. Each of the Shepard Fairey pieces is available individually, or in matched-numbered suites. The Jim Marshall photographs that inspired these pieces are only available for purchase as part of the Deluxe Portfolio which includes all five American Civics prints along with each of the five photographs, all presented in a custom, Shepard Fairey-designed portfolio box. Only five of these exist, so please contact us right away to reserve this special collector's item!

SFAE is the only location at which collectors can view and purchase these pieces! In addition to this series, we will also feature a selection of rare signed photographs from the very limited Jim Marshall Estate inventory.

PLEASE NOTE: As each of these artworks represents a social issue that is personally significant to Fairey, and meaningful change is a genuine goal for all of us, a portion of the proceeds from the purchase of any of the American Civics pieces will be donated to a charity which serves the cause represented.

Voting Rights - NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund
Mass Incarceration - #cut50
Gun Culture - The Caliber Foundation
Worker's Rights - The United Farm Workers Foundation
Two Americas - No Kid Hungry
MORE INFORMATION

Check out this Washington Post article featuring an exclusive interview with Fairey discussing this series, the meaning he found in Marshall's photos, and the effort he put into making his images speak to each of the broader subjects.

We also have a PDF catalog if you would like a complete description of each piece and the details of the collection to browse offline. Simply click the link below to request one.

EMAIL ME A PDF CATALOG

Please contact us for more information or with any questions or requests.