Shout Shout Shout

Artist-members sharing their work.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Shout Shout Shout

Post by admonkey »

Just in case any of you motherf^ckers control a local measured media budget of $1MM or more, or a national measured media budget in excess of $5MM-- or are the CMO of a smaller account that wants to put their balls on the table, get noticed and make your name in marketing-- I give you:

http://shoutshoutshout.com/
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
skoola
Giant

Re: Shout Shout Shout

Post by skoola »

very cool man, i was wondering how the venture was going

nice site
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Thanks. We had our first big pitch late last month and hope to hear the results by the middle of August.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Nice site AM, I'd never seen that spot with Rolando Cantu. BIG Cardinals fan here.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Nice site Admonkey, i presume it's yours?
Im sure you have people on it but If you need any typography or illustration doing let me know, i could show you some of my work! :wink:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

good luck!
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

Gigantico wrote:Nice site AM, I'd never seen that spot with Rolando Cantu. BIG Cardinals fan here.

Yeah, shot that at their training camp in Flagstaff the same year I shot the soccer spot on top of the skyscraper in São Paulo. I think he went on I.R. later during the regular season that year and I'm not sure he's even still in the League.

The folks at Gatorade were pretty jazzed over all the press coverage it got at the time, though.

Chicago, IL--March 13, 2006--As a tribute to an athlete’s passion to compete and will to win, Gatorade’s latest ad spotlights Rolando Cantu, a pioneer for all Hispanic athletes to follow as he became the first player from a Mexican University to play in the NFL. The new spot, called “Chosen”, tells the story of Cantu’s entry into the league and the challenges he faced along the way to the roster of the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals. The ad debuts nationwide today.

In the spot, Cantu tells his story as he lines up for action on the Cardinals’ practice field. As he prepares for the snap, he recounts how people told him he wasn’t big enough or good enough to play in the NFL and how the game was too complicated for him to succeed. However, as the ball is snapped, those assumptions, along with a Cardinal linebacker, are squashed as Cantu dominates the play.

“We celebrate Rolando Cantu’s remarkable road to the NFL because of his continuing passion and dedication,” said Cindy Alston, vice president, communications and equity development for Gatorade. “Honoring his achievement is a fitting tribute to all athletes who have overcome challenges to play at the highest level of their sport.”

“I am proud to be the star of my very own Gatorade commercial,” said Rolando Cantu. “Hopefully, my story will inspire future generations of athletes, including young Hispanic athletes around the U.S., to pursue their dreams of playing professional sports.”

Cantu’s dream began in 1996 as he watched the NFL’s American Bowl in his hometown of Monterrey, Mexico. Unable to play football until his teens due to weight restrictions, Cantu didn’t play his first snap until junior high. Despite the late start, Cantu led ITESM Monterrey to the Mexican National Championship in three of his four years. By 2003, Cantu was participating in the National Player Mini Camp in Tampa Bay, Florida and was allocated to the Berlin Thunder of NFL Europe. He helped Berlin win the NFL Europe World Bowl that summer and became one of four players allocated to an NFL team as part of the inaugural NFL International Development Practice Squad program. After spending much of 2005 on the Arizona Cardinals practice squad, Cantu was promoted to the team’s active playing roster earlier this year and took the field against the Indianapolis Colts.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

slidingaround wrote:Nice site Admonkey, i presume it's yours?
Im sure you have people on it but If you need any typography or illustration doing let me know, i could show you some of my work! :wink:

Yeah, it's mine, a new company I started this year. And you're right: I have illustrators and art directors here, but I'll keep you in mind should one of them turn out to by a pyromaniac or something. :D

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

admonkey wrote:
slidingaround wrote:Nice site Admonkey, i presume it's yours?

Yeah, it's mine, a new company I started this year. And you're right: I have illustrators and art directors here, but I'll keep you in mind should one of them turn out to by a pyromaniac or something. :D

Congratulations on the new company! I know what it's like to work for a corporate brand and see all the money your making them, it takes balls to set up on your own, wish you all the best! Looks like your doing pretty good so far!

Im serious about doing some bits for your site or on a project, im pretty diverse in the styles i can work in and id take prints as payment! :wink: :D
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Congrats and good luck with all your future projects.

I predict that one day you'll even be bigger than the Deutsch Agency.
;-)
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

so how is the company growth going?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

skoola wrote:so how is the company growth going?

Thanks for asking.

At this point we have gone through four months of jumping through hoops in trying to land the "big fish" client the agency was originally founded to pursue. We've put on five separate presentations and generated over 200 pages of ideas, artwork, research and plans. In that time the competition for the account has winnowed down from four agencies chasing it (including mine) to three (my former employer bowed out once they saw the writing on the wall).

A decision is expected in early September.

Along the way they (the former employer) sent me a cease and desist which created a flurry of activity and caused a bevy of legal eagles to swoop in for a few days. Good times.

I've only now, after the fifth presentation to the Big Fish last Wednesday and after setting on a course of action on the legal front, been able to look into helping other clients (or potential clients). I had a presentation yesterday to a company that's made a business out of-- I kid you not-- picking up dogshit. (It's never dull in the ad jungle.) They liked what I had to say and now we're working on more in-depth media and creative planning for yet another presentation that will take place in a couple of weeks.

If I would have known how many meetings were going to be involved-- bankers, lawyers, litigators, accountants, designers, media planners, potential new hires, real estate agents, clients, potential clients, Popes, Kings and vagabonds-- I probably wouldn't have done it.

As it is, it's too late to look back now. :D

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

once it is all said and done, i'm sure you will be happy with the decision to leave (sucks about the cease and desist though)

also please post whatever ad campaign you guys come up with for the dogshit company
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

I saw a pick up truck with a advertising wrap on it the other day for one of these poop scooping companies. It had a whole bunch of clever/funny sayings all over it. Too bad I can't remember any right now.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

circa77 wrote:I saw a pick up truck with a advertising wrap on it the other day for one of these poop scooping companies. It had a whole bunch of clever/funny sayings all over it. Too bad I can't remember any right now.

I bet it was for my guys. They're national at this point and they're all about the poop pun.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
ideabolo
Giant

Post by ideabolo »

good luck with your venture!
AAA site!
please check: TOYKIO & my instagram is: toykio
json
Swindler

Post by json »

I can lend a hand with After Effects if you'd like :wink:
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

json wrote:I can lend a hand with After Effects if you'd like :wink:

Thanks, but I'm covered. :D

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
json
Swindler

Post by json »

admonkey wrote:
json wrote:I can lend a hand with After Effects if you'd like :wink:

Thanks, but I'm covered. :D

You got me beat on that one haha
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Earlier this month we launched a working group called The Truth Factory for all your social media, opaque street-level propaganda, urban influencer targeting, guerrilla, viral, below-the-line and "special projects" marketing needs.

If you or your clients want it to pop up quietly overnight, we're the ones to do the popping, nation-wide.

http://thetruthfactory.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Just took a look at the inital site that started this thread. Awesome site, love the layout, flow and video spots. Looks like you've created a top quality firm. Congrats
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Thanks. It's been a crazy year (and a fun 15 leading up to it).

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
johnstonamerica
Artist or Something

Post by johnstonamerica »

I'd like a little more in depth details about The Truth Factory please..
http://www.johnstonamerica.com
Rob Johnston Artist - Johnston America Folk Art Gallery
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re:

Post by admonkey »

johnstonamerica wrote:I'd like a little more in depth details about The Truth Factory please..
Over the past year a couple of brand managers who knew my checkered history (and my previous work on urban, youth-facing brands) contacted me, a few months apart, about their need to generate pre-buzz around new product launches in specific urban markets. The efforts were low-budget, high return, dead-of-night stuff that was accomplished with a few small print runs and two-man teams flown out and back for the installation. Sticker slap ups, water-soluble sidewalk spray stencils, temporary pop-up pleasure palaces for the eyes that brands needed to keep "at arm's length" but that would lead to an "ah-ha" moment a week or so later when paid media efforts were launched.

I knew the methods and I knew the people to get 'er done, so we did it, even though the budgets for that sort of thing tend to be paltry (compared to broadcast media efforts). The upside is they're lean, mean, fun to pull off and tend to allow for a great deal of creative freedom.

Then, back in April, I hatched a plan for a "special project," yet to be named, that needed a place to live within my business structure (for funding purposes). I also needed (on advice of my ever so popular attorney) a little more distance between any new "street" efforts and my day-to-day, above-the-line, full-service advertising agency.

It also made sense to brand the "special projects" work as its own entity.

So once my "special project, yet to be named" started rolling and picking up its own momentum, I went ahead and induced labor on The Truth Factory.

That's where Shout! will handle social media (plugging away in the Twitterverse, Blogosphere, Facebookotopia and anything else that comes up), viral media (dropping our low budget, stupidass videos into your eyehole), street propaganda (slap ups, pasties and stencils), and the like, all under an over-arching strategic vision for brands who are trying to hit a very specific demographic in a very timely fashion.

In short, The Truth Factory can make a $50k budget look like a $1MM invasion, almost overnight.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
johnstonamerica
Artist or Something

Post by johnstonamerica »

Wow!

What an incredible idea AM.

I might even venture to predict that this operation grow up to be bigger than it's Daddy, no? Sign of the times, wave of the future kinda thing?

Like the black ops of the ad world.. I love it!!
http://www.johnstonamerica.com
Rob Johnston Artist - Johnston America Folk Art Gallery