Corey Hanssen

Artist-members sharing their work.
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Corey Hanssen

Post by kingburdy »

Artist Bio: Corey Hanssen has been making art ever since he can remember(30 plus years) and is mostly self taught with some basic art courses under his belt including drawing, lithography and art history. He started using the stencil medium in 2001 for mixed media works first used with oil, acrylic and enamel based paints and eventually moving to the use of spray paints around 2003.

Based on a painting of the same name painted in 2007, "Steam Room" is his first full stencil only piece and his most ambitious print to date. Utilizing 28 different colors and 19 stencils with some stencils being used for more than one color. Each stencil was carefully hand cut out of large sheets of durable construction paper with many, many hours going into the preplanning of the image before the very first stencil was ever cut so that the registration of each stencil maintained an integrity fulfilling the artist's desired vision of the piece as a whole.

Mr. Hanssen has been using the Oni and child characters in his paintings for some time now integrating them as vehicles to express basic emotions and interactions in relationship to the human condition and coexistence within a multiplicitous world . The Oni itself is borrowed from Japanese mythology and represents for the artist an internal or lower self that deals with or confronts the world in an emotional or base manner. Neither human or full fledged demon, Oni has the propensity to do much good as well as committing mischievous acts towards fellow travelers on the path to self enlightenment. The child character is steeped in a Western psychoanalytical tradition acting as gestalt for a time before the loss of innocence. Together they create a force akin to such comedy duos as Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Tom and Jerry or Seinfeld and Costanza.

http://coreyhanssenart.blogspot.com/

This is My brother, I will be managing the sale of his work as he has no time or willingness to do so. If interested in something please PM me. Thank you...1st print..

Print Title: Steam Room
Artist: Corey J. Hanssen
Signed and numbered edition of: 10
Production date: 2012
Materials: Spray paint on paper
Paper Size: Cut to 22" x 22" from 22" x 30" sheets
Image Size: 20" x 20"
Paper: Stonehenge 90lb. white w/ two deckle edges, 100% cotton fibers, acid free
Montana Gold paints
Total number of colors: 28
Number of stencils: 19
Price: $100.00 plus $10.00 shipping handling(domestic) not sure about international, would consider though.

Please comment on the work as he is interested in any feedback..Thanks again..
Last edited by kingburdy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cheap cologne
Giant

Re: Corey Hanssen

Post by cheap cologne »

Corey is great guy with an amazing talent.. Please support him.
These spray painted stenciled pieces look amazing in person, I am happy to own one of these.

On a side note, i commissioned him to paint my fence last summer..All 48 feet of it.

kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

Thought people might want to see the OG painting of The Steam Room and another in the series..

kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

Couple from 2011..

Andy Warhol

Bob Dylan