New Obey NFT Drop Incoming

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
In case anyone else missed it and is interested in such things, Shepard is doing another NFT drop on the ETH blockchain. Join the Discord and post your originals / prints for a special role (which may or may not get you presale access).

https://discord.gg/obey
User avatar
Solar
Giant
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: May 8, 2007

So I am discord newb. I read the faq and reacted but nothing else seems to show up. I would love to post pic of physical to get in on a presale, but not really sure how/where. Any help?
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
User avatar
bdavenport
punk
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Conjunction Junction

bdavenport wrote:So I am discord newb. I read the faq and reacted but nothing else seems to show up. I would love to post pic of physical to get in on a presale, but not really sure how/where. Any help?


Same here. The physical-verify link doesn't seem to work.
User avatar
misterwhisper
Punk
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jun 6, 2012

Discord is frustrating. I feel like I can never find anything and the chats are mindless dribble 99% of the time.

That said, see yall on discord! lol
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....



Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
User avatar
zanzi123
Giant
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sep 4, 2008

It's a bummer too since I wanted to enter the NFT contest/giveaway
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
User avatar
bdavenport
punk
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Conjunction Junction

bdavenport wrote:So I am discord newb. I read the faq and reacted but nothing else seems to show up. I would love to post pic of physical to get in on a presale, but not really sure how/where. Any help?


did you interact with discord on the app or site? they handle "reactions" diffrent if you did it correct , wait a bit and acess should change to be able to reply etc. if not got back and try again.

btw. its great to see some of the pcs are posting to verify them selves. if anything the pohots are worth it in them selves.
Hell , you may even see one of your own photos that somebody boosted and claiming as their own hahah
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

Finally worked. Now to figure out what the heck I'm doing
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
User avatar
bdavenport
punk
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Conjunction Junction

gracias
User avatar
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Nov 5, 2014
Location: Bay Area

The first giveaway was never claimed. They are redo-ing it and it's still open for 3 more hours!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
User avatar
DunDun
Giant
 
Posts: 3525
Joined: Jan 23, 2007
Location: Milky Way

Sorry I posted then dipped. You need to go on there and access the physical verify channel. Post a pic of anything from a print up with your discord handle on a piece of paper and you’re good to go.

My discord is solar#6367 - friend me if you need help or want to chat NFTs or Shep art
User avatar
Solar
Giant
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: May 8, 2007

i'm no1gdman#5733
User avatar
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Nov 5, 2014
Location: Bay Area

The discord is fun. Has an old time feel like thegiant before it became a ghost town.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
User avatar
bdavenport
punk
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Conjunction Junction

Very much agree! Interesting to see the new ground Shep is breaking in Web3 space.

For anyone also joining Shep's discord, feel free to friend me there - my moniker is: jak88#1068
User avatar
jak88
Giant
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Feb 11, 2009
Location: The Other Left Coast

jak88 wrote:Very much agree! Interesting to see the new ground Shep is breaking in Web3 space.

For anyone also joining Shep's discord, feel free to friend me there - my moniker is: jak88#1068


how much eth are these Nfts going for?
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

vvk wrote:
jak88 wrote:Very much agree! Interesting to see the new ground Shep is breaking in Web3 space.

For anyone also joining Shep's discord, feel free to friend me there - my moniker is: jak88#1068


how much eth are these Nfts going for?


I believe the list price for those on presales list and those lucky/fast enough to buy on the public release will be .1 ETH
User avatar
jak88
Giant
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Feb 11, 2009
Location: The Other Left Coast

thank you

let me get this straight.
at time of writing eth is @ 4,021.89 ( you like the way it ends with 89 right, almost like its meant to be?

.1 eth = 402.19 , do you also need to pay Gas for the minting? if so. the gas is probally $60-120.00
so right now the NFT is around $500.00
IM not sure if im the crazy one, but West sea Kennys prints seem alot more appealing then they already were.
With prices for Nft's compared to the work/effort put in them,I wonder how much longer they will make physical prints.



And if you have not read it already. give this a read. For some of us old timers. DO not be afraid of NFTS, they are actually eazier to score then the last few years of obey print drops.

https://obeygiant.com/degenerate-regene ... 6578590b0b
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

This is annoying to me on so many levels.

Is there a step by step buying guide someplace? Because, I don't feel like spending two hours trying to figure out how to give someone money.

I also am a bit cheesed off, that I have been buying prints with the same email address for over fifteen years and they can't add me to the pre-sale list, or at least, send me an email giving me a heads up and letting me know what I have to do to get added?
User avatar
nixon451
Giant
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Feb 21, 2006

It's weird because, I've been down with crypto for years, but I think NFTs for art are worse than the Baby Mop.
Imag
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
cybernigel
Giant
 
Posts: 7261
Joined: Apr 3, 2007
Location: Denver

nixon451 wrote:This is annoying to me on so many levels.

Is there a step by step buying guide someplace? Because, I don't feel like spending two hours trying to figure out how to give someone money.

I also am a bit cheesed off, that I have been buying prints with the same email address for over fifteen years and they can't add me to the pre-sale list, or at least, send me an email giving me a heads up and letting me know what I have to do to get added?



the discord has a step by step.

few things to consider / do in prep/
1. do you have ETH (etherium) already, maybe you bought some on coinbase?
2. make sure you have join the discord cool kids club.
3. make sure you have metamask installed ,(this will be a extension for Chrome or brave browser . not safari
besure to get it from the emtamask website or google chrom store https://metamask.io/
4. after installing meta mask. they will give you a seed phrase if you ever need to recover your account. Never give your Seed phase to anyone ever. No one from obey or Metamask or any other legit co will ask you for it.
5. transfer some ETH to your metamask wallet , or you can buy some eth in metamsk with your debit card.

there a little more to it. But if its something you really want to do and uyou are new to it. its def in your best interest to read thru the discord.. Especially since you get verified for being a fan buy posting a picture of one of your obey pcs.
so yeah. i know it sucks, but f you spend the time, i think you will enjoy it. some great pics on their.

since the resale starts tomorrow and you may not get set up by then, maybe you can get a buddy to help get you one if you wanted. 7400 copies so we should see what the sell thru / sell out rate is.

for anyone on the fence. consider this.
Damien Hirst dropped his NFT project Called the currency. Where you choose to keep the NFT or trade it for the Physical piece.
10K pcs sold via lottery. original cost 2K ea
the average price these are trading hands for right now are 15K , the highest being 200K
even if you are not into his art. What he has done with thsi "currency" project is pretty cool
more info can be found at

https://currency.nft.heni.com/info
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

vvk wrote:
nixon451 wrote:This is annoying to me on so many levels.

Is there a step by step buying guide someplace? Because, I don't feel like spending two hours trying to figure out how to give someone money.

I also am a bit cheesed off, that I have been buying prints with the same email address for over fifteen years and they can't add me to the pre-sale list, or at least, send me an email giving me a heads up and letting me know what I have to do to get added?



the discord has a step by step.

few things to consider / do in prep/
1. do you have ETH (etherium) already, maybe you bought some on coinbase?
2. make sure you have join the discord cool kids club.
3. make sure you have metamask installed ,(this will be a extension for Chrome or brave browser . not safari
besure to get it from the emtamask website or google chrom store https://metamask.io/
4. after installing meta mask. they will give you a seed phrase if you ever need to recover your account. Never give your Seed phase to anyone ever. No one from obey or Metamask or any other legit co will ask you for it.
5. transfer some ETH to your metamask wallet , or you can buy some eth in metamsk with your debit card.

there a little more to it. But if its something you really want to do and uyou are new to it. its def in your best interest to read thru the discord.. Especially since you get verified for being a fan buy posting a picture of one of your obey pcs.
so yeah. i know it sucks, but f you spend the time, i think you will enjoy it. some great pics on their.

since the resale starts tomorrow and you may not get set up by then, maybe you can get a buddy to help get you one if you wanted. 7400 copies so we should see what the sell thru / sell out rate is.

for anyone on the fence. consider this.
Damien Hirst dropped his NFT project Called the currency. Where you choose to keep the NFT or trade it for the Physical piece.
10K pcs sold via lottery. original cost 2K ea
the average price these are trading hands for right now are 15K , the highest being 200K
even if you are not into his art. What he has done with thsi "currency" project is pretty cool
more info can be found at

https://currency.nft.heni.com/info


Thanks, this was incredibly helpful.

I got in on 'The Currency' because I wanted to get a Damien Hirst "original" for $2000 and I thought it was an incredibly cool project. It has never entered my mind that I would keep the NFT and burn the physical.

As an added bonus, with the "Great Expectations" airdrop I assume I could recoup my original $2000 pretty easily, and for some strange reason they are now giving away free umbrellas.
User avatar
nixon451
Giant
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Feb 21, 2006

nixon451 wrote: and for some strange reason they are now giving away free umbrellas.



well, it turns out there are gonna be alot of people who can now make it rain. so the umbrella might come in hand.
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

I would be wary of NFT purchases. The jury is still out on their value.
My 2 cents would be to buy as much ETH as possible rather than digital art.
User avatar
submethod
Giant
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Jun 21, 2008

so it looks like all 7400 of the last batch of NFts sold out.
Good job team giant.
it also seems like alot of them are up for resale at close to listing price.

https://nft.obeygiant.com


https://opensea.io/collection/degenerate-regenerate
Last edited by vvk on Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

vvk wrote:so it looks like all 7400 of the last batch of NFts sold out.
Good job team giant.
it also seems like alot of them are up for resale at close to listing price.


currently going for lower than minting price
User avatar
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Nov 5, 2014
Location: Bay Area

no1gdman wrote:
vvk wrote:so it looks like all 7400 of the last batch of NFts sold out.
Good job team giant.
it also seems like alot of them are up for resale at close to listing price.


currently going for lower than minting price


a cool 2.5 mil pick up for team giant. I would say that was probally hi$ best drop ever.
vvk
Giant
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Jun 15, 2009

Next

Return to Prints and the Revolution

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron