Official Mockup Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
sweetjesus
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Official Mockup Thread

Post by sweetjesus »

i dunno...it is the most absurd....
Prophecy
Punk

Post by Prophecy »

Hey all, I somewhat recently was able to finally pick up a Peace Guard print. I am trying to figure out what print would go well next to it. Preferrably something with the same red, and obviously 18x24. If you have any ideas or mockups they would be greatly appreciated.

And please nothing that would be super pricey, as I would be tracking down and buying this piece someday. None of my prints look good with it.

Thanks a lot!
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

I think you need to track down a black and red Japanese Pattern 2, which probably won't be easy, but it is 18 x 18...
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

Love the idea of matching Peace Guard with a pattern. Below are a few other possibilities (forgive the mismatched image sizes).

Actually, I think this one might look great...

Last edited by jak88 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red.lotus
Punk

Post by red.lotus »

I hope this isn't cutting in on Prophecy's question too much, but I've been having a similar dilemma lately. I've got the dove set framed up and am trying to find a decent print that will go between the pair, that's either the same red (or a different colour that will work) has anyone done anything similar or have any suggestions? I was thinking of the red arab woman but it looks like that's a different darker red? Thanks
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Prophecy wrote:Hey all, I somewhat recently was able to finally pick up a Peace Guard print. I am trying to figure out what print would go well next to it. Preferrably something with the same red, and obviously 18x24. If you have any ideas or mockups they would be greatly appreciated.

And please nothing that would be super pricey, as I would be tracking down and buying this piece someday. None of my prints look good with it.

Thanks a lot!
I was thinking an Israeli/Palestine (in either red or even gold) would marry up well with this one.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

jak88, I totally overlooked the obvious coupling of Peace Guard and Rose Girl. I didn't like Rose Girl much until I started seeing photos of the actual print (sadly I didn't succeed at getting one when it dropped). The preview jpg, as usual, doesn't do that print justice IMO.

red.lotus, how about this? Too targety?
Last edited by rumspring on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

rumspring wrote:jak88, I totally overlooked the obvious coupling of Peace Guard and Rose Girl. I didn't like Rose Girl much until I started seeing photos of the actual print (sadly I didn't succeed at getting one when it dropped). The preview jpg, as usual, doesn't do that print justice IMO.
I actually think both of the top 2 pairings I did would look really good. Shep's prints almost always look so much better in person than the preview pics. I don't own Rose Girl or Guns/Roses either. And I sold my Peace Guard a while back. Kinda regret it.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

Guns and Roses would be a ideal match for Peace Guard if you ask me. I guess I overlooked that one in what you posted here.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

rumspring wrote:Guns and Roses would be a ideal match for Peace Guard if you ask me. I guess I overlooked that one in what you posted here.
Yup that's my favorite pairing for this. Offers both a consistent visual theme but also some visual contrast. Go get it, Prophecy!
red.lotus
Punk

Post by red.lotus »

rumspring wrote:jak88, I totally overlooked the obvious coupling of Peace Guard and Rose Girl. I didn't like Rose Girl much until I started seeing photos of the actual print (sadly I didn't succeed at getting one when it dropped). The preview jpg, as usual, doesn't do that print justice IMO.

red.lotus, how about this? Too targety?
Thanks for the mockup Rumspring, I think you're right it might be a bit too targety, I'm wondering if there are any of Sheps' female prints that might be the right colour?
Last edited by red.lotus on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

I deserve no credit for that mockup. That was pure Rumspring.
red.lotus
Punk

Post by red.lotus »

My mistake, thanks Rumspring!
Ilja
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Ilja »

red.lotus wrote:I hope this isn't cutting in on Prophecy's question too much, but I've been having a similar dilemma lately. I've got the dove set framed up and am trying to find a decent print that will go between the pair, that's either the same red (or a different colour that will work) has anyone done anything similar or have any suggestions? I was thinking of the red arab woman but it looks like that's a different darker red? Thanks
I've wondered the same thing.
So now I finally pulled myself together to make a few mockups.
Thanks for the motivation.

Number 1, 4 and 8 are my favorites.
But I don't have any of the center pieces, so my wantedlist just got longer.

Btw. I think the red in the Peacetree is a bit darker than the others, but don't know if it's just the picture.

summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Ok folks, I need some help. I am going to be filling a wall with 14 prints and need something other than hanging and moving them around to help with the layout. Does anyone know of something that I can do this online with?
red.lotus
Punk

Post by red.lotus »

Ilja wrote:
red.lotus wrote:I hope this isn't cutting in on Prophecy's question too much, but I've been having a similar dilemma lately. I've got the dove set framed up and am trying to find a decent print that will go between the pair, that's either the same red (or a different colour that will work) has anyone done anything similar or have any suggestions? I was thinking of the red arab woman but it looks like that's a different darker red? Thanks
I've wondered the same thing.
So now I finally pulled myself together to make a few mockups.
Thanks for the motivation.

Number 1, 4 and 8 are my favorites.
But I don't have any of the center pieces, so my wantedlist just got longer.

Btw. I think the red in the Peacetree is a bit darker than the others, but don't know if it's just the picture.

Thanks for the mockups Ilja, glad to have given you the motivation :wink:

I'm really liking 3 & 4 so that gives me a couple of options to pursue,thanks!
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

3 is my fave.
Who's got my old stickers?
Ilja
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Ilja »

Troy has almost that setup just with the cream War for Sale.
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... es#p367287
I love the War for Sale print
red.lotus
Punk

Post by red.lotus »

Ilja wrote:Troy has almost that setup just with the cream War for Sale.
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... es#p367287
I love the War for Sale print
Thanks, nice to see a real photo of them. I'm thinking the war for sale is the way to go but I did just try the Mujer Fatal and that looks pretty great as well.

Does anyone know if the Mujer Fatal print is the same tone of red as the doves?

Edit: Scratch that, just bought a red war for sale, so that's decided, thanks for all the help guys, will post pics once it's framed and the 3 are up.
ArtOfficialFunk
Punk

Post by ArtOfficialFunk »

Can anyone mock the following; Goggles / Propaganda Engineering / Obey Worker
just thought it would look good
Viva La Posse!
Prophecy
Punk

Post by Prophecy »

Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA for a while.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posed some ideas and made some mock ups for me. I really appreciate it. I really like the idea of matching Peace Guard up with Guns & Roses, or maybe even the Peace Tree.

Could someone PRETTY PLEASE do a mockup of Peace Guard & Peace Tree? I know they're verry different pieces, but I think it might work.

Also the Japanese fabic idea is cool, even with them being different sizes its a really look.

Thanks again guys, you're all awesome and so helpful
intransmission
Swindler

Post by intransmission »

Tryin to go for a timeline of sorts. What should fill that void? So many good ones from that period..

Once i complete it, I'll post the real deal. Prints subject to change. :wink:

(I do apologize to some, you might have to use your imagination. A pretty lazy Saturday night. New Years wrecked me.)
Ilja
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Ilja »

intransmission wrote:Tryin to go for a timeline of sorts. What should fill that void? So many good ones from that period..

(I do apologize to some, you might have to use your imagination. A pretty lazy Saturday night. New Years wrecked me.)
Hmm.. the periode of 2004-2007.
Monkey Pod, High Time, Hawaii Skater, Make Art Not War, World Odor ??
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

intransmission wrote:Tryin to go for a timeline of sorts. What should fill that void? So many good ones from that period..

Best mock up ever.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
intransmission
Swindler

Post by intransmission »

Mmm. High Times is one i haven't considered. A good one. I was leaning toward Mr. Spray but i think It might be too similarly plain next to Loom. Hendrix/Warhol is in the running too i suppose. Something different.