ANTICIPATION: Cope x Shepard Fariey x Martha Cooper 4/21

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Abrogate
Giant

Re: ANTICIPATION: Cope x Shepard Fariey x Martha Cooper 4/21

Post by Abrogate »

:D received shipping info early this morning.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

Just got mine today....It looks great!! It is easily my favorite of this year so far!!
"save a pretzel for the gas jets!"
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

justin wrote:Just got mine. I got super excited until I took the print out the tube. Photos were taken as I cut the tape and unrolled the print.

Lovely print though. Would it be too nit picky to claim damage on the print?
Ask if they have a replacement, if not, that looks like it will frame out nicely.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

truthiness wrote:
justin wrote:Just got mine. I got super excited until I took the print out the tube. Photos were taken as I cut the tape and unrolled the print.

Ask if they have a replacement, if not, that looks like it will frame out nicely.

no offense meant by this at all but if they have a replacement for you that would suck to all of us that got refunded. I do think you should get a mint print though, just bitter i got refunded
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

adambad wrote:looks great.

whats with the reverse roll? has this been happening to anyone else lately? it hasnt to me which is why i ask.

I got a reverse roll as well on this one....
Who's got my old stickers?
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Reverse roll here. But it was very much intact.
BadJustin
Posse

Post by BadJustin »

mine comes tomorrow. Only other OG ones that I ever got reversed were the PCP Peace Series ...
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

I'm pretty sure all were reverse rolled for this release.
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

submethod wrote:Reverse roll here. But it was very much intact.
+1
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
s0le1728
Punk

Post by s0le1728 »

Abrogate wrote:
+1
Same, Look great. I dropped this off at the framers earlier today. This will be my first framed Fariey
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Got mine flattening at the moment and I gotta say... wow, this one looks bangerang!
BadJustin
Posse

Post by BadJustin »

Abrogate wrote:
+1

same
obeykobe
Punk

Post by obeykobe »

Got mine yesterday. Looks and smells great!
s0le1728
Punk

Post by s0le1728 »

looking on the other forums around i saw a person who got a print with only Cope2's sig. Im guessing a oversight huh...
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

jwoods103 wrote:
truthiness wrote:

no offense meant by this at all but if they have a replacement for you that would suck to all of us that got refunded. I do think you should get a mint print though, just bitter i got refunded
Picky
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

TheOmethod wrote: Picky

I dunno man, If that was in my flat file and dinged up it would pi$$ me off.. it it was framed I probably would not care.. but don't just pass it off as picky.

Just saying.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

spagucci1 wrote:I'm pretty sure all were reverse rolled for this release.
got mine today. not reverse rolled. #450/450
:D
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

TheOmethod wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
truthiness wrote:

Picky
no offense ommethod, but if i paid $80 for a product that you sell to me and I received a damage product how is that being picky? isnt that me getting the product that I paid for and not a sub par product?
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

jwoods103 wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
truthiness wrote:

Picky
no offense ommethod, but if i paid $80 for a product that you sell to me and I received a damage product how is that being picky? isnt that me getting the product that I paid for and not a sub par product?
+1 I dont think thats being picky at all.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

slidingaround wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
truthiness wrote:

Picky
I'm with you guys, don't think it's picky either... In fact, I think it's a bit insulting to call a customer who received a damaged product picky because he raised his voice about it's condition. I'm sure if you bought a new car and saw a scratch in the paint before you left the parking lot you would complain.
BadJustin
Posse

Post by BadJustin »

fribhey wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:
jwoods103 wrote:
truthiness wrote:

Picky
I'm with you guys, don't think it's picky either... In fact, I think it's a bit insulting to call a customer who received a damaged product picky because he raised his voice about it's condition. I'm sure if you bought a new car and saw a scratch in the paint before you left the parking lot you would complain.
^^ That. At least OG will make it right. I got a mangled Pan's Labyrinth print from Mondo over the weekend and I contacted them and they don;t have any replacements and offered to refund my shipping. :evil:
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

I think it is being picky, but I don't think there is anything necessarilly wrong with being picky. If your option is the dinged print, or no print and a refund, I'd opt for the dinged print without question myself.

I don't know anything, but it looks to me like you could put a piece of paper over the ding and press it out in two seconds with the back of your fingernail. It would not show if you framed it either way. If it were a different type of paper that would be scarred by pressing it out or the ding went a little deeper into the margin, I might feel a little bit differently I guess.

I bought an older Fairey print a while ago that arrived with a dirty smudge on a light part of the image. I contacted the seller who is a screenprinter. I could have gone for a refund since it was the one and only available for sale, but I got a response with suggestions for a safe way to go about cleaning it. It worked great and I'm happy as can be with the print.

Not everything is irrepairable is all I'm sayin.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

BadJustin wrote:^^ That. At least OG will make it right. I got a mangled Pan's Labyrinth print from Mondo over the weekend and I contacted them and they don;t have any replacements and offered to refund my shipping. :evil:
if there are no replacements then what do you want them to do? it also depends on your definition of mangled. the obey print wasn't mangled, it had some edge damage. if the the mondo print was destroyed i'd ask for a complete refund, if it just had edge damage like the obey print then i think refund of shipping is a decent resolution if there aren't any replacements.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Have we considered that O may be joking? I know sarcasm doesn't come through in writing very well, but perhaps he was being a bit sarcastic in his response. Just a thought
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

bdavenport wrote:Have we considered that O may be joking? I know sarcasm doesn't come through in writing very well, but perhaps he was being a bit sarcastic in his response. Just a thought

sarcasm meter is through the roof. but that doesn't always come through in type... maybe next time he'll add a :wink: to avoid further confusion.
on point like a decimalist?