Off the beaten track Shep prints that are still available

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Off the beaten track Shep prints that are still availabl

Post by Fattyramone »

Thank you very much for your kind offer Cookie head , but someone has already offered to do it for me , very much appreciated sir.

Also just as a point of intrest , and absolutly no criticism implied , but only yesterday i recieved my tube containing the "Virginia" print with postage priced at $18.60 , big fat tube too.

And yes i saw the disclaimer saying that it rained for both days of the event and that the prints were not going to be in pristine shape , but for $20 a piece i can live with that , hooefully they will pick out some of the not-quite-so-knackered ones? :D

conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Fattyramone wrote:Thank you very much for your kind offer Cookie head , but someone has already offered to do it for me , very much appreciated sir.

Also just as a point of intrest , and absolutly no criticism implied , but only yesterday i recieved my tube containing the "Virginia" print with postage priced at $18.60 , big fat tube too.

And yes i saw the disclaimer saying that it rained for both days of the event and that the prints were not going to be in pristine shape , but for $20 a piece i can live with that , hooefully they will pick out some of the not-quite-so-knackered ones? :D

$18.60 for that particular tube is cheaper because it was shipped via first-class that offers no tracking (which means the shipper can get screwed by paypal) and can take weeks to deliver. the majority, if not all, the people on the forum that ship to other members only ship priority or express. priority is the least expensive of the two and is no less than $35 to europe.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

No criticism taken, What Frib said. I would never ship a print 11st class overseas.
BarryFreed
Swindler

Post by BarryFreed »

Cookie Head wrote:No criticism taken, What Frib said. I would never ship a print 11st class overseas.
I learned the hard way when I was a newer forum member

Lost a combined $600 in money and print...only to see the same print "not received" to end up on ebay a year later :shock:

Priority, Insured all day every day for International

Still a little butt hurt about that
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

I take your point about wanting to protect yourself , but wherever possible i offer to pay via gift paypal and accept the risk myself (ive done this very thing with the guy who is going to buy me the Dylan-Petty prints).

For very high priced stuff you have a point , but lets look at the maths here for a $20 print , ok I wanted 2 copies so lets call it $40.

They wanted $104 to send me 2x $20 prints ...and presumably it would have been $104 for just the 1 print(?) ....i could afford to get unlucky three in a row , maybe even 4 times in a row and still be up on the deal if they had ALL got lost or damaged?

I would quite happily sign any disclaimer to Obey (or whoever) saying that i am prepared to take on all the risk if they would send their prints to me via "normal" $18 a time instead of the normal $50 postage a time thats is currently costing me.

Ok , i accept that they then run the risk of someone reneiging on this agreement and go whinging to paypal , and yes , paypal would find in the buyers favour , but the simple answer would be then to bar that person from buying from them again?.

This constant need for sky high postage for what is a relativly low priced ($40-$50) print is crippling.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Fattyramone wrote:I take your point about wanting to protect yourself , but wherever possible i offer to pay via gift paypal and accept the risk myself (ive done this very thing with the guy who is going to buy me the Dylan-Petty prints).

For very high priced stuff you have a point , but lets look at the maths here for a $20 print , ok I wanted 2 copies so lets call it $40.

They wanted $104 to send me 2x $20 prints ...and presumably it would have been $104 for just the 1 print(?) ....i could afford to get unlucky three in a row , maybe even 4 times in a row and still be up on the deal if they had ALL got lost or damaged?

I would quite happily sign any disclaimer to Obey (or whoever) saying that i am prepared to take on all the risk if they would send their prints to me via "normal" $18 a time instead of the normal $50 postage a time thats is currently costing me.

Ok , i accept that they then run the risk of someone reneiging on this agreement and go whinging to paypal , and yes , paypal would find in the buyers favour , but the simple answer would be then to bar that person from buying from them again?.

This constant need for sky high postage for what is a relativly low priced ($40-$50) print is crippling.
My last name might as well be Lanniater. Gift or not, everyone will always get their prints from me. :)
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

summoner wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:I take your point about wanting to protect yourself , but wherever possible i offer to pay via gift paypal and accept the risk myself (ive done this very thing with the guy who is going to buy me the Dylan-Petty prints).

My last name might as well be Lanniater. Gift or not, everyone will always get their prints from me. :)
Cheers for doing this for me Summoner , i wasnt going to mention your name unless you did ...

Dont worry mate i trust you 100% , i paid you via gift to show my own trust as well as picking up the paypal fees myself.

You'r a sound guy.

Most people are as long as you show trust yourself , im a firm beliver in peoples inner good and i would rather lose the odd $100 than lose faith.

Cheers kiddo.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

It's all good. Who should be worrying is Ilja. :twisted:
camfella
Punk

Post by camfella »

Henry Rollins frequent flyer posters are for sale again here http://henryrollins.shop.musictoday.com ... &pc=1HAP08
I ordered one and it arrived today. I was surprised that it is also signed by Rollins. And for $25.00.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

camfella wrote:Henry Rollins frequent flyer posters are for sale again here http://henryrollins.shop.musictoday.com ... &pc=1HAP08
I ordered one and it arrived today. I was surprised that it is also signed by Rollins. And for $25.00.

Thanks for that info ...was going to only order the one , but they were running a discount postage code which meant that by ordering two I get them delivered to the UK for only $61 all in.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

So I got in Fatty's Dylan/Petty prints and I have never in all my buying of prints seen a more ridiculous shipping job than what I got yesterday...

1. They shipped the prints in a bag (cool), and in a box that measures 16x24... Yes, the prints are 18x24....
2. The box was too narrow, so they pushed the prints into the box putting a nice long crease up one side of the prints
3. These are NOT prints (yes I know I was calling them prints), but rather they are basically glossy lithos on what seems to be thick card stock
4. I emailed them this morning to inform them of the idiocy I received and have heard nothing back yet...

Ill post up some awesome pics of the carnage later....
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Wait till you see these pics .....worth waiting for :roll: :shock:
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Fattyramone wrote:Wait till you see these pics .....worth waiting for :roll: :shock:

hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

camfella wrote:Henry Rollins frequent flyer posters are for sale again here http://henryrollins.shop.musictoday.com ... &pc=1HAP08

I just picked one of these up for a friend that I hope will be more than a friend pretty soon. Some girls like flowers and chocolates and some girls like Henry Rollins. I found one of the super awesome cool chicks that likes both. Wish me luck!

Thanks camfella!!
camfella
Punk

Post by camfella »

Glad to pass on the info and hope those that are interested can get one. I was on the site a few months ago and ordered one only to get an email a few.days later saying they were sold out. I was surprised when I was on the site again last week to order Henry's new book that they were available and was surprised that I was able to get one this time. It was through Rollins that I "found" SF's work.
Cheers
breezeM
Punk

Post by breezeM »

camfella wrote:Glad to pass on the info and hope those that are interested can get one. I was on the site a few months ago and ordered one only to get an email a few.days later saying they were sold out. I was surprised when I was on the site again last week to order Henry's new book that they were available and was surprised that I was able to get one this time. It was through Rollins that I "found" SF's work.
Cheers
Good lookout! Thanks camfella.
stantonwalsh
Punk

Post by stantonwalsh »

Freedom To Lead, $15. Unsigned (litho/offset?).

Through the U.S. Campaign for Burma:
https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1 ... m_KEY=2552

Echoing the comments of others, great thread idea!
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Thanks Stanton ....just ordered from that link

Just a word of warning to any Europeans that may order the Freedom to Lead from that site , when you submit your Credit Card details it appears to fail and tells you "this link does not exist".

However , before submiting it again check your email as it does seem to work despite it telling you it doesnt, ive now inadvertely ordered two , but at $15 it a cheap enough mistake.

Oh , and the postage is a crazily LOW price of $8

Cheers for that Stanton.
camfella
Punk

Post by camfella »

I had/have issues with the Burma website. I am in Canada and it won't allow me to select my province. I emailed the admin, had a brief friendly exchange and still unresolved after a couple of weeks.
I also had issues with the Uganda website. I was able to purchase after emailing the admin and was able to get the two with shipping to Canada for $160. They did not put a dollar value on the tube so I didn't get hit with any additional charges - brokerage or taxes, which surprised me.

This is a fantastic thread and have also been able to pick up the Zepplin print that was posted earlier.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

camfella wrote:I had/have issues with the Burma website. I am in Canada and it won't allow me to select my province. I emailed the admin, had a brief friendly exchange and still unresolved after a couple of weeks.
I also had issues with the Uganda website. I was able to purchase after emailing the admin and was able to get the two with shipping to Canada for $160. They did not put a dollar value on the tube so I didn't get hit with any additional charges - brokerage or taxes, which surprised me.

This is a fantastic thread and have also been able to pick up the Zepplin print that was posted earlier.

Yeah , if we all do our bit and post a link when and where we find a print thats still languishing somewhere on an obscure site we all win.
tommy armageddon
Swindler

Post by tommy armageddon »

camfella wrote:I had/have issues with the Burma website. I am in Canada and it won't allow me to select my province. I emailed the admin, had a brief friendly exchange and still unresolved after a couple of weeks.

same thing here in the U.S. i keep getting the error:
Incomplete Transaction, No charges made
The state must be a valid U.S. state if the country is U.S., State must be a U.S. state if country is U.S.

but there is no box to add the State
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Despite my earlier "thumbs up" at buying them , and getting two congrats emails telling me my orders had been accepted Ive now just recieved a friendly email from the Burma site telling me my orders are void because the Credit Card system they use is not geared towards overseas purchases.

Having said that , the lady who wrote to me has offered to let me buy them via Paypal.

Will let you know when she replies to my replying email.

I will also mention to her the troubles you guys seem to be having in getting through the buying process ....she did mention it was set up to deal with USA and CANADA only.
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

hexterb wrote:

I just picked one of these up for a friend that I hope will be more than a friend pretty soon. Some girls like flowers and chocolates and some girls like Henry Rollins. I found one of the super awesome cool chicks that likes both. Wish me luck!

Thanks camfella!!

This one was delivered today in pristine shape. Signed/Dated by Shep and signed by Henry Rollins. Not numbered but pretty frickin amazing for $25. Thanks again camfella!

summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Just wanted to report that I emailed the folks about the damaged Dylan/Petty prints and they happily replaced them with no issues. They arrived yesterday (rolled in a tube this time) in pristine condition with an added bonus in the tube as well.
maitrepanda
Punk

Post by maitrepanda »

Despite my earlier "thumbs up" at buying them , and getting two congrats emails telling me my orders had been accepted Ive now just recieved a friendly email from the Burma site telling me my orders are void because the Credit Card system they use is not geared towards overseas purchases.

Having said that , the lady who wrote to me has offered to let me buy them via Paypal.

Will let you know when she replies to my replying email.

I will also mention to her the troubles you guys seem to be having in getting through the buying process ....she did mention it was set up to deal with USA and CANADA only.
Does anyone received the Burma freedom print ?
If yes can we have any infos on the print ( quality, signed or not) )