Monkey Pod VSE Release 4/20

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
bsharp
Posse

Monkey Pod VSE Release 4/20

Post by bsharp »

This Monkey Pod VSE (Variable Stencil Edition) is a collaboration produced with my good friend and former co-worker Ernesto Yerena. Each piece is a stencil painting with letterpress lantern images glued in position to add an additional dimension to the art. The price difference between the two variable editions is because of the greater technical and labor-intensive demands of the red and gold version. A portion of the proceeds from these stencil pieces will go to the NRD to support their efforts to improve environmental regulations and policies.

Monkey Pod Green VSE. 26.5 x 20.5 inches. Variable Stencil Edition (VSE) on Paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 20. Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. $3000. Hecho Con Ganas Publishing Chop in lower left corner. Available on Tuesday, April 20th @ 10 AM PDT at https://store.obeygiant.com. Max order: 1 per customer/household. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ ALL SALES FINAL.

Monkey Pod Red & Gold VSE. 26.5 x 20.5 inches. Variable Stencil Edition (VSE) on Paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 20. Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. $3500. Hecho Con Ganas Publishing Chop in lower left corner. Available on Tuesday, April 20th @ 10 AM PDT at https://store.obeygiant.com. Max order: 1 per customer/household. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ ALL SALES FINAL.
Some additional detail shots:

Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re: Monkey Pod VSE Release 4/20

Post by Gigantico »

:shock:

Very nice!
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

nice.

At 3K though?
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

Hoping the price makes this an easier pick up.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

notudon wrote:Hoping the price makes this an easier pick up.
I would assume so.

That, plus I don't think there is any flip potential here.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

They also added

Half of the edition will also be available on https://hechoconganas.bigcartel.com
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

wonder of if there is a hpm vse version. or actualli i should say , one that has a collaged background. this green one is awesome. one of my favs.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

vvk wrote:wonder of if there is a hpm vse version. or actualli i should say , one that has a collaged background. this green one is awesome. one of my favs.
None with collaging, just stenciling. These are stunning in perosn.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

Cookie Head wrote:
vvk wrote:wonder of if there is a hpm vse version. or actualli i should say , one that has a collaged background. this green one is awesome. one of my favs.
None with collaging, just stenciling. These are stunning in perosn.
Does one stand out more than the other? I suspect the green is more vibrant. But the red and gold looks nicely done.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

The red really pops but it's hard to say which I like better....
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Ok. Sign me up fir a green please . Where do I send the Money? Does it have both signatures? I see only sf?
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Good stuff. I wonder what made the red harder to produce
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

jjttdw wrote:Good stuff. I wonder what made the red harder to produce
the blueing of the lanterns no doubt.
I heard they are lit from the back with tiny LED's
j/k
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

The lanterns being glued makes me a little nervous about long term quality. What happens if it starts to lift or peel? At $3k, that's a little bit of a gamble in my mind.

That said, the spouse is the biggest barrier to me purchasing. Obey needs to give us more notice so we can work on/wear them down.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

bdavenport wrote:The lanterns being glued makes me a little nervous about long term quality. What happens if it starts to lift or peel? At $3k, that's a little bit of a gamble in my mind.

That said, the spouse is the biggest barrier to me purchasing. Obey needs to give us more notice so we can work on/wear them down.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Maybe it ships flat? Rolling it probably isn't too great for the glued on bits.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

bdavenport wrote:The lanterns being glued makes me a little nervous about long term quality. What happens if it starts to lift or peel? At $3k, that's a little bit of a gamble in my mind.

true story
a friend once bought a thrift store painting from @lushsux (this is before his NFt craze) turn out lush would glue min figurines on the painting . i guess one came off durring shipping, when he contacted lush , lush told him to glue it back on with super glue.

I would imagine the same would apply here.

Lets just hope that the glue hear was not made with horse
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

bsharp wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Maybe it ships flat? Rolling it probably isn't too great for the glued on bits.
They were attached by a professional book binder using archival state of the art adhesive. They will ship flat.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

So much of my wall space has red and gold Shep ink, but darn that red and gold looks nice. To keep myself reasonable, I might try for a green.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

bdavenport wrote:That said, the spouse is the biggest barrier to me purchasing. Obey needs to give us more notice so we can work on/wear them down.
Get a credit card that she does not have access to.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

jjttdw wrote:
bdavenport wrote:That said, the spouse is the biggest barrier to me purchasing. Obey needs to give us more notice so we can work on/wear them down.
Get a credit card that she does not have access to.
That may not help unless he also has a wall for hanging it she doesn't have access to :roll:
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

has obey or hecho started accepting crypto for payments yet?
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

Cookie, do you know if there will be other VSEs in the future? Or is this more of a right idea at the right time one-off collab?
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

vvk wrote:has obey or hecho started accepting crypto for payments yet?
Dogecoin only!
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

bsharp wrote:Cookie, do you know if there will be other VSEs in the future? Or is this more of a right idea at the right time one-off collab?
Not 100% certain but there is a good chance of future releases.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

Cookie Head wrote:
vvk wrote:has obey or hecho started accepting crypto for payments yet?
Dogecoin only!

great . lets make it happen.
put me down for a green and ill send over the 4/20 doggy coin.