90's 00s Collection

Classified ads for those looking to sell and/or trade.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

90's 00s Collection

Post by WestSeaKenny »

I'm looking to sell my collection of around 30 prints. List in my sig below. Based on a separate thread I've received some interest from folks here on different prints.

I'm hoping to keep the collection intact and am in contact with a few different folks to discuss. If that doesn't workout I plan to piece them out. I should know within the next week if Im selling intact.

For background, this isn't a fire sale, I'm not in a rush. That said, I'm also not trying to break any price records. I'm not sure of the last time a collection of early work this large has went up for sale. I appreciate it has the potential to impact the entire ecosystem. I just want to get fair market prices in a way that at minimum sustains at best grows the value of the market.

If I do piece them out I'll be communicating plans ahead of time on this thread as I'd also like to see these get in the hands of real fans/collectors looking for additions to their personal collection.

QUESTION: Is it within policy for me to hold an auction on this Forum? If yes, is there a general framework that is used? If not, I've included one for reference below.

1) Sellers start with an opening price, there are no reserves (your opening price is your reserve).

2) Set a PRECISE TIME for the auction to end (WITH TIME ZONE) For instance, auction ends at 7:00:00PM means winner is the bidder holding the highest bid when the clock turns from 6:59:59PM to 7:00:00PM WINS.

3) A 25$ minimum bid raising increment for auctions will be in effect, whatever the price of the auction

4) “Popcorn” or “Dynamic” bidding. If a bid is made within a set time usually set to 9 minutes and 59 seconds of the auction’s scheduled closing time, Popcorn Bidding kicks in. Popcorn or dynamic bidding automatically extends the scheduled closing time for an auction item. For these items bidding is usually extended another 10 minutes after a bid is placed. Each subsequent bid resets the clock to allow bids to be made for another 10 minutes. Once there has been no bidding activity for 10 minutes, the bidding is considered completed and no further bidding is accepted. The auction for the item is then closed. As always, the person who placed the highest bid wins the item.

5) If you are a BUYER. PAY within 12 hours. OTHERWISE, seller has the right to take the offer of whoever was under you.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: 90's 00s Collection

Post by jjttdw »

I don't think it has ever been done. I like the idea though. Are you thinking of doing the auctions one at a time or in groups?
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

For my specific scenario, where there is a collection, I think there should be an additional protocol for the policy that any member can only have one active listing. That said, if someone else wants to list something at same time I think that should be fair game.

Further background, I've seen this model be very successful within the vintage snowboard collector community. I ripped the protocols previously listed from them. The rules I posted earlier were edited from theirs for clarity and relevance. Below are their unedited protocols. Bottom line, this is community policed.

I think this is very doable and what has made it so successful w/in snowboard forum is that it gives first look to the people who care most and it allows them to define the market. If there are no buyers in the Forum at starting price, then go to eBay/HA etc to see what you can get.

---

THE RULES OF FIGHT CLUB... ER VST-BAY
JEFF PATTERSON·SUNDAY, APRIL 20, 2014·
ON TOP OF THIS LIST……

*****DO NOT BID IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON BUYING ***** If we see/hear of anyone bidding and not following through on a win from this point onwards, you will be banned instantly. There are images posted of every board, and if you need more info ask....

1: DONT BE A richard - YOU WILL BE BANNED INSTANTLY, MAYBE, IF WE FEEL THE NEED.

2: POST MANY IMAGES OF YOUR BOARD AND ANY AND ALL DAMAGE SPOTS. Bump it once a day at most (keeps ads fresh and people seeing your auction)

3: OFFER WAYS TO PAY- BIDDING is in CANADIAN DOLLARS (Default) unless otherwise noted in the auction.

4: MUST POST A LOCATION (WHERE YOU ARE)

5: MUST POST WHERE YOU WILL SHIP ( If your an American and have issues shipping to Canada, because you don't know how to write letters in a postal code... BEAT IT!)

6: CANADIANS - Same as above - reversed.

7: You must post an opening bid, there are no reserves (your opening bid is your reserve)

8: Set a PRECISE TIME for the auction to end (WITH TIME ZONE) For instance, auction ends at 7:00:00PM means winner is the bidder holding the highest bid when the clock turns from 6:59:59PM to 7:00:00PM WINS. Your bid was posted at 7:00:37PM? You're snoozing! - and stick by it (self moderation) If any member gets jacked by sellers, your out. If your board disappears and end up on ebay - your OUT and we will all spam the garbage out of your inbox with offers of Goats and sign you up to really nasty mailing lists. NEW NOI SNIPE RULE IN EFFECT---

“Popcorn” or “Dynamic” bidding. If a bid is made within a set time usually set to 9 minutes and 59 seconds of the auction’s scheduled closing time, Popcorn Bidding kicks in. Popcorn or dynamic bidding automatically extends the scheduled closing time for an auction item. For these items bidding is usually extended another 10 minutes after a bid is placed. Each subsequent bid resets the clock to allow bids to be made for another 10 minutes. Once there has been no bidding activity for 10 minutes, the bidding is considered completed and no further bidding is accepted. The auction for the item is then closed. As always, the person who placed the highest bid wins the item.

9: If your a BUYER. PAY within 12 hours. OTHERWISE, seller has the right to take the offer of whoever was under you.

10: IF WE SUSPECT that a friend bids on your behalf to boost your auction price, YOU WILL BE BANNED INSTANTLY.

11: USE THIS TEMPLATE, and include all info or ad will be pulled:

Board Year, Board Brand/model, description of ANY and ALL damage and list the condition (poor,fair,good,very good, excellent,or Never On Snow), location, opening bid, length of auction (end time and date with time zone), shipping info, payment types accepted.

12: FOLLOWING THE COMMENTS OF THE USERS, a 10$ minimum bid raising increment for auctions will be in effect, whatever the price of the auction.

13: No trades. Trades needs to go to VST!

14: ON APRIL FOOLS BELIEVE NOTHING

Most of all, have fun and happy collecting!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Maybe do one a week?
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

I'll post details on first this week.

Will use as test for everyone.

Ideally this can help create a forum where most engaged get first look.

It will be one of the prints most DMd on.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

you have anyHPM?
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Do not. Just the prints in my signature. Only other piece I have that I'm parting with is a like new, hooded black puffer jacket (probably circa 05).
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

I'll be posting first auction tomorrow, it will be for "Grenade"

This is a trial effort. I'm optimistic it will be straightforward, but it requires a community effort. If there are questions/issues please DM me and I'll jump on it.

I'll be starting a new thread for the auction with all of the details including pics. Thread to be deleted post sale.

If no bids after 7 day auction I'll list on open market.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

First auction was fun.

"Website" 46/100 is up next, will post Monday the 6th.

Everything went pretty much as planned. A few learnings for next round:

... More pictures from the beginning
... Closing auction time, I'll move back to 1pm Pacific so also somewhat accessible to Europe

If anyone else has recommendations on the process, let me know.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Next auction is posted. I opted to hold on "Website" as it's framed and I need to decide what I do with the framed prints (whether to list them framed or not).

Also, I'm going to pick up the pace a bit and list two auctions a week, staggered by a few days. Plan is to list on Mondays and Wednesdays. We'll see how that goes. If that works I may bump to three a week (max).

Appreciate that listing on the forum is all about, two-way, trust, I'm going to continue to be as transparent with plans and each auction listing as I can.

Starting bid: With this week's auction I've added a reference source for how I came to the starting price. If not Worthpoint (which I'm paying for) it will be another source or qualified reference.

Condition: Folks here know that pre-2000 prints, before major production, are not always clean and perfect. I have a screenprinting background and will do my best to call out what I see as production issue vs post production issue. That said, over time with these auctions, I'm confident people will come to find the prints in this collection are cherry and I will price them accordingly/fairly.

Calendar: I'll also start publishing a calendar of what's coming next and planned starting bids. I want to do my best to forecast out for those looking for certain pieces or budgeting. I have to reserve the right to shift for any reason.

Upcoming:

Wednesday, 12.8 - "Americas Finest" Starting bid 1700. Reference: 2019 eBay sale of $1750.
Monday, 12.13 - "Fist" Starting bid 1700. Reference: 2020 eBay sale of "LARGE FORMAT" format from 2019 for $1996.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Per reminder from Cookiehead I've uploaded the first two sales to EB and will continue to do so for any prints sold here.
dolamite24
Punk

Post by dolamite24 »

Love this idea/format and thank you for documenting the sales history on EB.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Wanna to thank the admins, sponsors and regulars on the board who have supported this effort so far.

Happy to say first four auctions have went well and the implied trust factor between parties has been good. I'm excited to keep it going but will likely hold on posting an auction this week.

Continued full transparency on process and latest...

There was some dialogue after first auction, "Grenade", about condition of back of print. There was some blue tak residue in corners and potentially some other grime (I don't know). I honestly hadn't thought of taking a pic and noone requested after multiple offers to shoot more pics. Good dialogue w/buyer post sale and I've since added pics of back on later auctions and will continue to do so. Somewhat nontraditional as I can't remember an auction on any platform that also shoots the back, but I'm happy to do as I have nothing to hide and would prefer everyone be 100 percent on what they are getting. I'm not trying to hide anything and this endeavor only works, for me and others in future!, if there is implied trust and integrity between parties.

Also, prior to me finding a way to get back on the board, I'd reached out to a couple of parties about purchasing the collection. One of those parties got back to me over the weekend and I have a conditional deal on four prints (Mao, Stalin, AK2 and Nubian). Appreciate that may be a bummer for any looking for those, but I felt it appropriate to follow through with my initial outreach given I felt it was a fair offer. Once the money is transferred, I'll post sales on EB and, for those interested, I'll post photos here for the record of prints and condition. Price was $3K apiece for Mao, Stalin and Ak2, $2K for Nubian. I mention now as I don't expect issue with deal. If anything shifts I'll update here.

Am thinking next up (in no specific order) will be Stalin, Big Brother and Skyline. If any specific requests, shoot me a DM.

Happy holidays yall
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Back at it after holidays. Based on conversations with those who've already won auctions I've decided to do multiple listings at once in order to avoid multiple shipments for those who have expressed interest in several prints. I'll be listing Stalin and Big Brother as soon as I can get them up within next 24.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Keep them coming!!!
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Experiment continues. Top collector market tested and last three auctions didn't move. Further data point for all.

I plan to relist those three auctions, one time, based on deductions using eBay/PayPal as high mark reference points of cost deduction. Thats not to say I would use those platforms, but it's the best reference point with avail calculators for me to reduce (as a seller from US). Of note, I used international selling and included (WA state 10%) tax and shipping.

If they don't sell in next round I'll keep and potentially revisit in the future. I've already benefited by connected with a bunch of same ilk, learned and stoked a few out. I've also unframed and knocked down collection to one portfolio for preservation so my minimizing load objective has been achieved.

The updates to three, passed on, auctions are incoming based on calcs above.

Stalin remains until close. If doesn't sell, I'll keep as well.

I'll hold on listing any further auctions until Stalin and updated runs of existing three run their course.

Of note, while I appreciate direct offers, I've held on taking them since staring this effort on Forum. The one direct deal I closed, which I shared with group, I pitched to a Giant prior to getting access reinstated here on Forum.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Three passed auctions updated
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Just a heads up, had some stuff going on so couldn't post any new auctions, but am going to jump back on it and listed the remaining prints over the next few weeks.

I'm going to put up Islam and Big Brother Profile today.
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Heads up on what's ahead after today's auctions close.

Tomorrow I'll list: Obedience Problems (AP) and Nubian Sign on a seven-day auction.

After those close, the following week I'll list: Mustard and Navy and Worker (2000).
WestSeaKenny
Punk

Post by WestSeaKenny »

Hey, yall - Have been tied up for a bit but plan to list a few final auctions on the Forum in the next week.

Of note, the remaining prints are ones I purchased on eBay between 2000-2002. I mention as they each have some quirks that I'll be explicit about. Plan to put these up in order:

Website
Saddam
Filmstrip
Jesse

If they don't sell on Forum after one round I'll put on eBay where I've started to list some other stuff. DM if you are interested in eBay listings.

This has been fun and appreciate all the support. Stoked to have landed so much of the collection with real collectors.

Kenny