Fine Art Pieces on ObeyGiant.com

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

no matter how many times i buy and sell the regular print it always seem to end up at my house...now i have matching set....guess its growing on mr at this point
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

Looks like Good Side is off the site. After todays nightmare I'm glad I picked these up with no stress. I bet the next fine art piece will sell out same day.
shilli
Punk

Post by shilli »

Nothing left but the retro series. I finally broke down and bought Obey '99 today. It is one of my favorite all time images, and I had been checking the site just waiting for it to sell out. I'm telling myself I will sell some of my other pieces to pay for it, but we'll see if that actually happens.
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

shilli wrote:Nothing left but the retro series. I finally broke down and bought Obey '99 today. It is one of my favorite all time images, and I had been checking the site just waiting for it to sell out. I'm telling myself I will sell some of my other pieces to pay for it, but we'll see if that actually happens.
does anybody know what the quality of these prints? same as the Good and Bad Sides on cotton rag? did Modern Multiples do these? wish i was able to track down some high-res shots of what these looked like in person. i might be wiling to pull the trigger if i could get a better idea of the quality/appearance.

any help would be appreciated.
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

thetruth55 wrote:
shilli wrote:Nothing left but the retro series. I finally broke down and bought Obey '99 today. It is one of my favorite all time images, and I had been checking the site just waiting for it to sell out. I'm telling myself I will sell some of my other pieces to pay for it, but we'll see if that actually happens.
does anybody know what the quality of these prints? same as the Good and Bad Sides on cotton rag? did Modern Multiples do these? wish i was able to track down some high-res shots of what these looked like in person. i might be wiling to pull the trigger if i could get a better idea of the quality/appearance.

one was on sale on e bay a few weeks ago with proper pictures
i'll have a search and see if i can post a link
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

Simon Munnery
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re:

Post by Backpackpunk »

thetruth55 wrote:

I believe modern multiples does most if not all of Obeys large format fine art printing.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
notudon
Giant

Re: Fine Art Pieces on ObeyGiant.com

Post by notudon »

The Two Sides of Capitalism Bad and Good show a print size of 40" x 44" on the wikipedia portion of this site. I used this to get a quote for framing, but thought the size seemed wrong. It is actually 30" x 49" when I measured. How do you change the size on the wiki portion of the website to the correct size?
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

notudon wrote:The Two Sides of Capitalism Bad and Good show a print size of 40" x 44" on the wikipedia portion of this site. I used this to get a quote for framing, but thought the size seemed wrong. It is actually 30" x 49" when I measured. How do you change the size on the wiki portion of the website to the correct size?
all of the prints pages in the wiki are protected, but i just updated them with the new info. thanks!
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Whoa, when did all the Rise Above stuff sell out?
rph30
Punk

Post by rph30 »

Since I've missed out on the last couple of print releases I have some money which is stashed away awaiting a new release of Fine Art.
Any idea of how often these get released and of what they might be?
R
"What good are computers? They can only give you answers."
~ Pablo Picasso
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

rph30 wrote:Since I've missed out on the last couple of print releases I have some money which is stashed away awaiting a new release of Fine Art.
Any idea of how often these get released and of what they might be?
R
Maybe an insider knows what is coming, but for the most part, there is no scheduled release schedule for the fine art prints like the 18x24 releases.
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

Lets hope they do release a couple more fine art prints for the fans like me who have been left empty handed week after week. I got extra $$ and would love to get a new fine art piece.
rastapunk
Giant

Post by rastapunk »

I got an Obey 89' and love it! I think the whole retro series is important but that was my favorite.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
stinkypete
Giant

Re:

Post by stinkypete »

rastapunk wrote:I got an Obey 89' and love it! I think the whole retro series is important but that was my favorite.
do share some pics when you get a chance !cos the images on OG really bear little relationship to theprints
a big beast to frame though
Simon Munnery
JackMama
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by JackMama »

stinkypete wrote:
rastapunk wrote:I got an Obey 89' and love it! I think the whole retro series is important but that was my favorite.
do share some pics when you get a chance !cos the images on OG really bear little relationship to theprints
a big beast to frame though
please post, i have been wanting one of those.......i'll like be your best friend or something
This aggression will not stand.
shilli
Punk

Post by shilli »

I got mine today:

Looks good. BIG!
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

shilli wrote:I got mine today:

Looks good. BIG!
it's great to see a " real" picture
hope you dried those glasses!!!
the mad fight for runs of 350 in a couple of coourways is one thing but thats a big stunning work of art and theres only 88 others like it in the word now that's cool
Simon Munnery
noetic
Giant

Re:

Post by noetic »

stickee wrote:
JackMama wrote:Does anyone own any of the Retro Series, specifically the OG prints. If, so can you post a picture for me. I want to get a better sense of what they really look like....
yes please anyone.............?
bump, thinking about getting the retro set but would like to see better pictures than the ones on the obey site.
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

noetic wrote:
stickee wrote:
JackMama wrote:Does anyone own any of the Retro Series, specifically the OG prints. If, so can you post a picture for me. I want to get a better sense of what they really look like....
bump, thinking about getting the retro set but would like to see better pictures than the ones on the obey site.

Better jump on it, just checked the site and there are only 7 sets left.
humdingertv
Punk

Post by humdingertv »

Thank God "Good and Bad" finally sold out.
I bought them the week they came out, and couldn't believe as they just sat around the site.
They look stunning in person, and I would agree that they will be the Definitive piece from Shep during this era.

Now, I just need to get them framed.
noetic
Giant

Post by noetic »

anodyne13 wrote:
noetic wrote:
stickee wrote:

Yeah, Id like to buy it but thats a lot of money for me without seeing a better picture of them
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

noetic wrote:
anodyne13 wrote:
noetic wrote:
stickee wrote:

Yeah, Id like to buy it but thats a lot of money for me without seeing a better picture of them
i split a set with my buddy in denver, and my 2 prints are with him... heading out that way on thursday, so i'll hook up some pics when i'm out there!
on point like a decimalist?
JackMama
Giant

Post by JackMama »

whyhoo wrote:
noetic wrote:
anodyne13 wrote:
noetic wrote:
stickee wrote:

i split a set with my buddy in denver, and my 2 prints are with him... heading out that way on thursday, so i'll hook up some pics when i'm out there!
hook it up, man. which 2 did you take.
This aggression will not stand.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

99 and 89 are MINE!
on point like a decimalist?