What is the most you have paid for Shepard Fairey print?

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
fishmansvacuum
Posse

Post by fishmansvacuum »

$1800 for the Johnny Ramone rubylith
My Daily Music Review Blog: http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beans! : http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=5166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
rawdawg
Punk

Re: What is the most you have paid for Shepard Fairey print?

Post by rawdawg »

Mr. Spray AP - $850
"You're only as original as the obscurity of your sources" –Picasso
obey908
Posse

Post by obey908 »

$200 for 'war for sale' AP
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

$260 for Rise Above Arrows
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

$1000.... BOMB
Modern art = I could do that + yeah... but you didnt
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

$ 330 for Nouveau Black

XXXXX
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

$180 Power to the Posse AP with slight damage
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

$1500 for a Beatles Four Face print with slight damage.

Note to the newcomers. The prices you are seeing here are mostly historic. Certain prints can go for $2000-$4000. Don't be surprised if you are asked to pay $2000 for a "Power to the Posse AP with Slight damage" at this point. Even some of the higher prices being mentioned, like for "Bomb" at $1000, were conducted behind closed doors and would have fetched more had they been on eBay or sold here where offers were accepted.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Re:

Post by Backpackpunk »

robotoil wrote:$1500 for a Beatles Four Face print with slight damage.

Note to the newcomers. The prices you are seeing here are mostly historic. Certain prints can go for $2000-$4000. Don't be surprised if you are asked to pay $2000 for a "Power to the Posse AP with Slight damage" at this point. Even some of the higher prices being mentioned, like for "Bomb" at $1000, were conducted behind closed doors and would have fetched more had they been on eBay or sold here where offers were accepted.
Not so sure thats true there Robo, Look at the following auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/Obey-Giant-Shepard- ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Offered at $1495.00, lots of people said that was a great deal, if following your logic about pricing that would have sold.
Relisted, bidding doest top 800.
Then listed as fixed priced and sells at 895.

Another Classic, worker, doesn't top 300.00. There are several other examples that if I had time I could point out. I think we over inflate the price of older prints, just because we see a print from 07 selling for 400.00 doesn't mean that prints from 1996-2000 are more in demand like we thought they would be.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

$1180 for '96 Bomber.
robotoil
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by robotoil »

Backpackpunk wrote:
robotoil wrote:$1500 for a Beatles Four Face print with slight damage.

Not so sure thats true there Robo, Look at the following auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/Obey-Giant-Shepard- ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Offered at $1495.00, lots of people said that was a great deal, if following your logic about pricing that would have sold.
Relisted, bidding doest top 800.
Then listed as fixed priced and sells at 895.

Another Classic, worker, doesn't top 300.00. There are several other examples that if I had time I could point out. I think we over inflate the price of older prints, just because we see a print from 07 selling for 400.00 doesn't mean that prints from 1996-2000 are more in demand like we thought they would be.
It would be more helpful if people said, "Elvis, 2004, $600". My point is that saying "Elvis $600" has no context. Do you think it is possible to get an 'Elvis" for $600?

Ming (If you could find one), Center, Arrows (Old mustard and navy), Beatles, Che, AK-47s, Surveillance Eyes, Elvis, Cop, Lenninist, Chinese Soldier, Korean Soldier...etc all would break $2000+. You can't find any of these anymore.

That "Giant Power" was a deal at $1500 and a steal at $900. "Worker" has never broken $1000 as far as I know. So we're in a lull, what can I say. Prices on prints from Banksy and Micallef are off their highs too and I've seen a few below cost. I don't think anyone here thinks Shepard is becoming any less famous or becoming any less collectible. There are 400-600 people here who have probably never seen a print in all its glory that was done before 2000.

I think it's time for the Shares (tm) to come back. People should know what they are missing when they pass on a print like "Giant Power". People are tripping over themselves to get a print like "Commanda". You couldn't give me the entire "Commanda" run for 1 "Giant Power". (Yeah, of course I would flip the heck out of the "Commanda"s).
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

I think the slight lull we are seeing in the prices of older prints is due to the economy. I think alot of people are having a hard time justifying $500+ purchases these days...I think once this economy snaps back into gear we will look back on tis time an really kick outrselves for not buying these prints now.

Personnally I am in buying mode as of lately, specifically because of this.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

$85 for catwoman swindle a few months back
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

$250 for Mujer Fatal
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

smartussi wrote:I think the slight lull we are seeing in the prices of older prints is due to the economy. I think alot of people are having a hard time justifying $500+ purchases these days...I think once this economy snaps back into gear we will look back on tis time an really kick outrselves for not buying these prints now.

Personnally I am in buying mode as of lately, specifically because of this.
Yeah, there's been steals out there all across the board. I can't believe that Top when for under $1K. That print be a deal at twice that amount. I agree that the economy is making people second guess how they spend their disposable income. I think Robo has a good point about exposure especially since a lot of our new friends in this collector community seem to be from Europe. The weak dollar spells especially good deals for them but they may not be as familiar with Shep's older stuff and only going with what they know. Share away if you think this will help broaden their horizons.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Jerry recently sold a Peace Girl for $1000. Not to me, but I'm just sayin...
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

We just paid $943.33 for a Monkey Pod Gold (Xmas gift version / not Metropark). A Metropark Monkeypod Gold sold the week before for over $1,000. We feel we got a bargain. We now have the Holy Monkeypod Triology. Will post photos when they get back from framing.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

cybernigel wrote:Share away if you think this will help broaden their horizons.
no offense to my European friends, but I'm fine with them not buying the old stuff. It keeps them from driving the price up against out weak as$ dollar.
rastapunk
Giant

Re:

Post by rastapunk »

fishmansvacuum wrote:$1800 for the Johnny Ramone rubylith

... best $1800 dollars ever spent.
Yantra and mantra create tantra.
ideabolo
Giant

Post by ideabolo »

would like to spend 2500 for a surveillance right eye!
HELP GUYS!
please check: TOYKIO & my instagram is: toykio
cybernigel
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by cybernigel »

rastapunk wrote:
fishmansvacuum wrote:$1800 for the Johnny Ramone rubylith

... best $1800 dollars ever spent.

While that may be true, technically it's not a print right?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Ideabolo, thanks for driving my point home. :wink:
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

not gonna come back
Our influence will be gigantic.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

robotoil wrote:Ideabolo, thanks for driving my point home. :wink:
Somebody needed to; it had been drinking.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.