New Print: OBAMA OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
extremeimages77
Giant

Re: New Print: OBAMA OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION THREAD

Post by extremeimages77 »

i was sleeping on this one...what time did it drop eastern time?
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
SYPRUX
Posse

Re:

Post by SYPRUX »

admonkey wrote:I'd love to know what percentage of these went to buyers overseas vs. prints dropped at the old "normal" time or even vs. the Vote print.
Me too man!!! You can't imagine how much I would like to see if all the rest of the world has the same luck to have the print than you Americans when it's a normal drop!

Just a question about that: Im not a genius in computing but i prefer to ask instead of having a cliché in my head.
More you live close to the network server (in this case, in USA for OG) more you have chance to see your connexion resisting to the assault of "the true overseas fans"? In my case, since "Theses sunsets", i can't even be connected to the website when it's a normal drop.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

SYPRUX wrote:
admonkey wrote:I'd love to know what percentage of these went to buyers overseas vs. prints dropped at the old "normal" time or even vs. the Vote print.
Me too man!!! You can't imagine how much I would like to see if all the rest of the world has the same luck to have the print than you Americans when it's a normal drop!
If the situation was reversed, though, I'd no sooner buy a promotional poster for a Sarkozy political campaign than I would throw $50 into the ocean.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
redblueyellow
Swindler

Post by redblueyellow »

What the $hit?
The Obama print released when people who actually vote in this country are sleeping?

What a joke.
I'm losing faith.
SYPRUX
Posse

Post by SYPRUX »

admonkey wrote:
SYPRUX wrote:
If the situation was reversed, though, I'd no sooner buy a promotional poster for a Sarkozy political campaign than I would throw $50 into the ocean.
A sarkosy political poster will goes directly in my garbage or mixed with poo and throw to the face of this f"ucking b^astard!!
But i understand that's no sense to drop a print at the time when all the people concerned are sleeping.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

admonkey wrote:If the situation was reversed, though, I'd no sooner buy a promotional poster for a Sarkozy political campaign than I would throw $50 into the ocean.
nor Ségolène Royal !!
:lol:
XXXXX
SYPRUX
Posse

Post by SYPRUX »

lepublicnme wrote:
admonkey wrote:If the situation was reversed, though, I'd no sooner buy a promotional poster for a Sarkozy political campaign than I would throw $50 into the ocean.
nor Ségolène Royal !!
XXXXX
:lol: :lol: :lol:
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

lepublicnme wrote:
nor Ségolène Royal !!
XXXXX
At least she's slightly attractive. :lol:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
obey908
Posse

Post by obey908 »

wow this sucks
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

redblueyellow wrote:What the $hit?
The Obama print released when people who actually vote in this country are sleeping?

What a joke.
I'm losing faith.
I agree, supreme joke, so all those Europeans and Singapore peoples that support Obama were able to get a print, do they even care about the presidential race? Whomever is in charge of print releases at OG is on top of things (sarcasm). F#cking wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh, maybe I'm just bummed and b!tchin because I missed the drop. :(
Last edited by destroyeric on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

[BANTER] I think OG found a good way to cash a lot more of money... We can assume that the part of overseas buyers is higher than the pevious releases. Shipping and Handling fees are much higher than for domestic delivery ($32.50 for France) so they will have a lot of extra money... [end of BANTER]

BTW it was a pleasure to buy this print without any fight against server !!

XXXX
Last edited by lepublicnme on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SYPRUX
Posse

Post by SYPRUX »

lepublicnme wrote:[BANTER] I think OG found a good to cash a lot more of money... We can assume that the part of overseas buyers is higher than the pevious releases. Shipping and Handling fees are much higher than for domestic delivery ($32.50 for France) so they will have a lot of extra money... [end of BANTER]

BTW it was a pleasure to buy this print without any fight against server !!

XXXX
you're allright
redblueyellow
Swindler

Post by redblueyellow »

I just dont get it?
Are they releasing it at that time to avoid system lockups?
Are they pulling times out of a hat?
Whats the basis? ... Globalization?
Herr_E
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Herr_E »

the range of the order numbers in this thread and at EB is really small. around 150.
but the edition size is 350.
Maybe they will release another bunch later ?
Buffin
Punk

Post by Buffin »

First time I have managed to get a print after months and months of trying. Has been so annoying getting them in the basket but being unable to check out. I am not sure that all the 350 were put on though?
lepublicnme
Giant

Re:

Post by lepublicnme »

Herr_E wrote:the range of the order numbers in this thread and at EB is really small. around 150.
for sure, they need at least once crash server a week !

XXXX
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Keep checkin guys, i dont think all the 350 were dropped!
plusplus
Punk

Re:

Post by plusplus »

redblueyellow wrote:What the $hit?

What a joke.
I'm losing faith.
TRUTH
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Herr_E wrote:the range of the order numbers in this thread and at EB is really small. around 150.
Or maybe whomever is in charge of releases will come up with another great idea and hold those remaining Obama prints back and sell them at the Republican National Convention.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
alphonse55
Punk

Post by alphonse55 »

Well that sucks. I cleared up my afternoon so I would have a chance to get this one. If any of you Euros that got this would rather have one of the peace bomber prints (besides gold) or the Vote print let me know.
hillsj2001
Punk

Re:

Post by hillsj2001 »

destroyeric wrote:Or maybe whomever is in charge of releases will come up with another great idea and hold those remaining Obama prints back and sell them at the Republican National Convention.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
the_partisans
Posse

Post by the_partisans »

:!:
Last edited by the_partisans on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
speedoguy wrote:barack attended a Muslim school in Indonesia for 2 years
drstupid
Punk

Re:

Post by drstupid »

weston wrote:if your up, go get an obama poster. I just put it up.
I hope some kind of ordering system is set up soon. eBay prices are out of my league and I'm lucky to be able to take a few hours off at random mid-day to order a poster. I can't watch the site while I sleep though, I do have to go to work. I will try to practice non-attachment. It's just a screenprint :?
obey908
Posse

Post by obey908 »

Maybe they will release the 'hope' version sometime later?
alfonsosoriano
Punk

Post by alfonsosoriano »

that is awesome! what a great way to cater to the "true fans" of Obey and the "true fans" of Obama! yeah! congratulations! Obama for President of France! Obama for President of England! Obama for President of Norway! yeah! oh wait, they didn't release them all? there's more? and then there's going to be another print that says HOPE? yeah!

here's a question... if all the money goes to Obama's campaign fund then why not make as many as people are willing to buy? why on earth make a limited edition? regardless, this is awesome! i was on the east coast and on the east coast people sleep at 3:42 am EST. absolutely ridiculous! Bansky for President!