New Print: Obama Offset Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
sabeth
Giant

Post by sabeth »

got obey confirmation email as well. all in all this was more like the usual buying experience, probably because traffic was lower overall.

anyway, i'm out. wishing all of you the best of good buys ...
Instagram: @carnagenyc
Carnage NYC
rjones
Punk

Re: New Print: Obama Offset Anticipation Thread

Post by rjones »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:
rjones wrote:order #12345!!!!! Thank god, thanks for the help

You better hang that sh#t!
No doubt, I wish I'd had it for him to sign at the rally in Milwaukee today!
barbee
Swindler

Re:

Post by barbee »

jshea wrote:Slaughterhouse Five?
Good catch.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

rjones wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:
rjones wrote:order #12345!!!!! Thank god, thanks for the help

You better hang that sh#t!
No doubt, I wish I'd had it for him to sign at the rally in Milwaukee today!
Well good on ya :)
drstupid
Punk

Post by drstupid »

Ah god #12325 this was a harrowing 45 hours. If you're counting, from print drop to now took about an hour and a half of connection attempts.

See y'all next week though ;)

Suggestions since OG is making changes :) - There's got to be some way to checkout without having to hit the OG servers 4 times. (1. Store page, click add to cart > 2. cart page, click checkout > 3. on the way back from paypal after clicking continue > 4. confirm order.) Each one takes 20 minutes or more of retries.

It'd also be awesome if the server could prioritize "confirm order" and the return-clicks from paypal over people trying to load the product page. Help get people who are 3/4ths done with the process out of the way so they aren't hammering the same server as everyone else.

I was also f*cked again with the shopping cart, and my wife had to get the print. I went through the entire process and at the confirm order step I still had a "vote" in my cart which kicked me back to step 2, checkout. I deleted my obeygiant.com cookies days ago, checked my cart multiple times, after I was screwed the same way for "vote." It must be getting my cart based on my paypal ID? But the only way to check that cart is to go through the paypal process and bail at the last minute, I think... I will do that but what a bummer to be bitten twice by that.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

MEDIC!
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Stickee any luck yet?
dejahthoris
Punk

Post by dejahthoris »

rjones wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:
rjones wrote:I got a "welcome to Obey Giant" email, telling me I can go review my purchase, but no confirmation number... I don't know what I'm doing. How do I figure out if it went through??? durn it!

Is there a link? If so give it a crank.
No link, but it gave me a username and password? Username and password to what? I am helpless and stupid.
This is the same thing that's happened to me. On one hand, it's a good sign, because it means that some info from my attempt at Paypal made it through to the OG site. But after hitting "continue" on the paypal screen I timed out instead of doing the final step to confirm my order. I keep refreshing the post-paypal page, and it's a little strange. Sometimes after I refresh, it's been saying "checkout_confirmation" in the URL, other times it has a longer string that includes something like Payer ID. I sure hope I'm on the right track here.

Sorry if all us Obama nerds are making it harder on those of you who are normally trying to buy prints. :lol:
gfraser
Punk

Post by gfraser »

receipt from paypal but nothing yet from og. should i start to worry?
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

DocBolg wrote:I dont understand how everyone else is getting through, I was on the first five minutes it was up then no luck since, and I seen people who was hip to it way after me getting there orders through. what the F.
tell me the secret please
the secret is not thinking that since you were in first that you are guaranteed a print before others behind....this sh1t dont work that way....keep trying
diggs25
Posse

Post by diggs25 »

you should start to worry when you can't even get through...like myself....urrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh
"Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state" -- Noam Chomsky
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

stuck in car going to a bar. I'm frankfurter!!!
password
Giant

Post by password »

What's the trick guys...I have it in my cart but can not check out. Keep getting page load errors. Someone PM me the trick please!
Salad Days
Punk

Post by Salad Days »

After I almost lost "hope" trying to add it to my cart, Im now trying to pay through paypall, which Im sure will be another half hour of refreshing.
I'd rather be rich than stupid
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

ive been trying for a bit, but no luck...
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

dejahthoris wrote:
rjones wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:
rjones wrote:I got a "welcome to Obey Giant" email, telling me I can go review my purchase, but no confirmation number... I don't know what I'm doing. How do I figure out if it went through??? durn it!

No link, but it gave me a username and password? Username and password to what? I am helpless and stupid.
This is the same thing that's happened to me. On one hand, it's a good sign, because it means that some info from my attempt at Paypal made it through to the OG site. But after hitting "continue" on the paypal screen I timed out instead of doing the final step to confirm my order. I keep refreshing the post-paypal page, and it's a little strange. Sometimes after I refresh, it's been saying "checkout_confirmation" in the URL, other times it has a longer string that includes something like Payer ID. I sure hope I'm on the right track here.

Sorry if all us Obama nerds are making it harder on those of you who are normally trying to buy prints. :lol:

you sound good....keep at it
redfive14
Punk

Post by redfive14 »

dejahthoris wrote:
rjones wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:

I'm in the same boat with the Payer ID thing... just sitting here waiting. So close, yet so far away...
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

i'm finally getting to step 3...but it still sux
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

barbee wrote:While waiting for this print to drop, I DID manage to pick up an Esao Andrews print, a Mear One print, miss out on a Nick Walker and pick up a couple prints at 20x200. My wife is going to kill me. Ah well, to quote the Tralfalmadorians, "So it goes."

Where did you pick up those new pieces at
gfraser
Punk

Post by gfraser »

just got a confirmation number from og! anyone still trying dont give up HOPE! ; )
redfive14
Punk

Post by redfive14 »

I would think that having a Payer ID # is a good thing. yes?
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

Omg ..... madness ...
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

i am really happy for all of the obama fans that now don't have to pay ridiculous ebay prices for this image
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

well I got a paypal reciept

fook knows how!
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
barbee
Swindler

Post by barbee »

redfive14 wrote:
dejahthoris wrote:
rjones wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:

I'm in the same boat with the Payer ID thing... just sitting here waiting. So close, yet so far away...
My experience has been that after timing out on the PayPal continue, I've had to re-connect to PayPal through the express checkout link from the shopping cart, and go through the PayPal process again. Once you get anything back from obey after the PayPal continue, you're pretty much good to go. Put that url in all your open sessions and wait for Step 3 of 3 window. Then search for the "confirm" button which will likely be one of the last to appear. (You can click it even if it hasn't appeared.) It'll link to http://www.obeygiant.com/store/index.ph ... ut_process if memory serves. Check your e-mail for PayPal confirmation and Obey confirmation and you're good to go.