New Print: Obama Offset Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

for those that have the offset and the silkscreen - any difference in color/quality. is the silkscreen really much nicer? i've never owned an offset so i'm curious how the two (silkscreen and offset) compare. any insight would be appreciated.
Autodactyl
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by Autodactyl »

thetruth55 wrote:for those that have the offset and the silkscreen - any difference in color/quality. is the silkscreen really much nicer? i've never owned an offset so i'm curious how the two (silkscreen and offset) compare. any insight would be appreciated.
I asked this question about the color, but no one ever responded. I should have an answer though in a few days.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

anyone else yet to get shipping confirmation? or am i the only one?
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by thetruth55 »

Autodactyl wrote:
thetruth55 wrote:for those that have the offset and the silkscreen - any difference in color/quality. is the silkscreen really much nicer? i've never owned an offset so i'm curious how the two (silkscreen and offset) compare. any insight would be appreciated.
I asked this question about the color, but no one ever responded. I should have an answer though in a few days.
If nobody can answer our question, perhaps somebody with the Proud Parents silkscreen and offset could enlighten us. Sure the PP offset has a few more details, but I'm talking about the printing quality/colors. Do the offsets smell like the silkscreens?
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

fribhey wrote:anyone else yet to get shipping confirmation? or am i the only one?
You are the only one..........j/k
I assume that there are atleast 300 people, maybe even more, waiting for shipping confimations. No need to worry mate, Weston said that everybody that bought one will be recieving one, no refunds will be given. Practice patience my good man, you will have it in your hands soon.......
ptd.gwb
Punk

Re:

Post by ptd.gwb »

fribhey wrote:anyone else yet to get shipping confirmation? or am i the only one?
i have yet to get shipping info, my number was in the high 500's, though i didn't have the dreaded ***'s... i'm still pretty confident it'll get to me. i'm gonna give it another week before i'll start to get nervous...
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

thetruth55 wrote:If nobody can answer our question, perhaps somebody with the Proud Parents silkscreen and offset could enlighten us. Sure the PP offset has a few more details, but I'm talking about the printing quality/colors. Do the offsets smell like the silkscreens?
The Proud Parent offset has a way different red for sure, the colors are very desaturated (it is much different than the preview photo on Obey's website), but the red on the Guns and Roses is pretty bold, not sure if it's the same red as the screenprint, because I don't have the screenprint versions to compare. I'd assume the colors would be less bold on the offset printing versus the screenprinting ink, but I'm not 100% sure, maybe someone will post side by side photos if they get both. Oh, and I can't remember what the offsets smelled like :)
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
dirtyd0369
Giant

Re:

Post by dirtyd0369 »

Me too.. :roll:
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

Got my offset today...havent completely unrolled it but I peeked and I saw that the corner with the numbering is a little crunched but nothing serious...just glad to have it safe at home!
JTK
Swindler

Re: New Print: Obama Offset Anticipation Thread

Post by JTK »

Colors on the offset are much lighter, and not as rich as the Progress print.
4rilla
Posse

Post by 4rilla »

Just saw a wall of about 30 HOPE prints in an Obama campaign office in Texas on NBC nightly news. Th eposters were in view for quite a while during the piece.
Rebelate
Swindler

Post by Rebelate »

I got my OBAMA HOPE today....

:cry: More here...http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 10#p128710
jshea
Propaganda Engineer

Post by jshea »

Got confirmation today, and I think I was around 300-350 in the purchasing line.
Rick Kane
Punk

Post by Rick Kane »

Just got mine!!! Fantastic condition! Can't wait to bring to the framer.
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

Is this common or abnormal?... it seems like a lot of prints are getting damaged.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

Got mine today. No shipping notification was ever sent. It just showed up. Packaging was tinkle frankfurter POOR by Obey. The craft paper wasn't even as long as the print and for some reason they'd crumpled up some craft paper and shoved it in the tube. The tube was in perfect shape, however the cap was deformed/stepped on, yet still used even though it didn't fit right. Had minor damage (Small crease/dent at the bottom of the print, on the letter O in hope. (Now you can all figure out who I am if I ever sell this on eBay) that most likely was caused by the fingers of whoever rolled it.
Salad Days
Punk

Post by Salad Days »

I got my shipping confirmation today :D
I'd rather be rich than stupid
DunDun
Giant

Re:

Post by DunDun »

shawndoc wrote:Got mine today. No shipping notification was ever sent. It just showed up. Packaging was tinkle frankfurter POOR by Obey. The craft paper wasn't even as long as the print and for some reason they'd crumpled up some craft paper and shoved it in the tube. The tube was in perfect shape, however the cap was deformed/stepped on, yet still used even though it didn't fit right. Had minor damage (Small crease/dent at the bottom of the print, on the letter O in hope. (Now you can all figure out who I am if I ever sell this on eBay) that most likely was caused by the fingers of whoever rolled it.
That sucks dude. I sent a nice(seriously) email to OG about how both my Progress and VOTE! prints didn't have enough kraft paper and were slightly damaged in transit cuz of this. They said they're working on doing some more training. Dunno if I was being mocked or not.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
hoisinsauce
Punk

Post by hoisinsauce »

Can't cry about a ding here and there. The thing cost 30 bucks...
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Autodactyl wrote:
I haven't opened the Hope paster yet, I'm going to give it to my Mom. But, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the dark blue on screenprint's lower third is slightly lighter than the rest of the dark blue and there is a definite demarcation of were the change begins. It's on mine and several that I've seen in pictures. It's ever so subtle and doesn't bother me in the least. This is just some of what happens when screenprinting. I'm sure that although the offset is lesser quality and less bold, it will have more uniform color.
DunDun
Giant

VOLUNTEER THIS WEEKEND FOR OBAMA!!!

Post by DunDun »

Dunno if this is the right place. I'm gonna make this it's own thread somewhere else, so feel free to delete this post mods if necessary.

Does anyone here want to volunteer this weekend to make some calls for Obama? He sent out an email today asking for supporters to phone people in the four states that will be voting on Tuesday. It's really easy to call and this weekend is a great time to make some calls for free on your weekend minutes on your cellphone. If you have an iPhone you can turn off caller ID to make you calls anonymous. Here's the link to register. They give you a a list of numbers and a guide to help you through the process. Make 20 calls or donate $25 today. It's funny this is the biggest grassroots campaign in history, but since that word is so shunned in politics Obama hasn't even breached the subject. Sign up and start calling today!

http://my.barackobama.com/call" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
thetonyclifton
Punk

Post by thetonyclifton »

I still haven't heard anything neither has my girlfriend who also ordered a hope.

We live in the UK, has any other UK people received shipping info and/or the thing itself?
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

International orders are always last!!! i would'nt worry about it!
Bamboozle
Posse

Re:

Post by Bamboozle »

slidingaround wrote:International orders are always last!!! i would'nt worry about it!
ah you have such patience and good spirit! what beer do you drink?
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Having seen both in person, I can say that the Progress print is MUCH nicer. The colors on the Hope are a lot more flat and dull.