OFFICIAL I Love Rock Collage ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
PDC
Giant

Re: OFFICIAL I Love Rock Collage ANTICIPATION THREAD

Post by PDC »

destroyeric wrote:PDC I'm guessing from the pics that it is printed on white paper as opposed to the regular cream?!?!?!?!
:?:
Yes, white paper.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Received a Pottery Barn catalog in the mail and they have 25"x25" polished aluminum frames for $129 with a white matte.
Not sure if that would be cheaper than building your own frame but the style would go nicely with the print.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

i just got mine...wow. way nice in person. going to purchase some wider archival backers/sleeves right away.
Jamessmith77
Posse

Post by Jamessmith77 »

This print is seriously amazing in person. One of his best of the year for sure.
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

Jamessmith77 wrote:This print is seriously amazing in person.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

adambad wrote:i just got mine...wow. way nice in person. going to purchase some wider archival backers/sleeves right away.

how about a frame?
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

stickee wrote:how about a frame?
I'm gonna float mine on black with a thin brushed chrome frame
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

would be nice
redblueyellow
Swindler

Post by redblueyellow »

Just wanted to chime in...

Received the I Love Rock Collage yesterday. Freaked because the top plastic lid was cracked (luckily no damage at all) and left at the doorstep. The print itself, unlike any Shep print I've ever seen before.

The look and feel to the print is SO extremely different than his other work. The ink almost has a "silkscreened shirt" quality to it. I guess the best way to describe it is, the ink appears to rise off the paper. The ink comes off as textured and not flat. Plus the different print dimensions are a nice change.

At first I was a bit skeptical about purchasing such a dark piece, but I'm really glad I pulled the trigger.
+ has shep ever done an all black w/silver piece before?
Ernesto
Swindler

Post by Ernesto »

redblueyellow wrote:Just wanted to chime in...

Received the I Love Rock Collage yesterday. Freaked because the top plastic lid was cracked (luckily no damage at all) and left at the doorstep. The print itself, unlike any Shep print I've ever seen before.

The look and feel to the print is SO extremely different than his other work. The ink almost has a "silkscreened shirt" quality to it. I guess the best way to describe it is, the ink appears to rise off the paper. The ink comes off as textured and not flat. Plus the different print dimensions are a nice change.

At first I was a bit skeptical about purchasing such a dark piece, but I'm really glad I pulled the trigger.
+ has shep ever done an all black w/silver piece before?
he has not done one like that with two shades of silver, but he did use black and silver for the WK prints and a while back he silkscreened some large Icon Stickers with silver and black.
acrylic1
Punk

Post by acrylic1 »

anyone frame one up yet? any pics to share? I' m lazy with mine...
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tpeazy »

acrylic1 wrote:anyone frame one up yet? any pics to share? I' m lazy with mine...
Don't remind me. I have three Faile's about eight Shep's and now a Bast coming that all need framing.
So, as much as I love this print it's pretty low on my list of priorities to frame.

However(and I mentioned this earlier in a thread), I'm thinking about floating this one on black with a thin brushed chrome frame.
the_partisans
Posse

Post by the_partisans »

Last edited by the_partisans on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedoguy wrote:barack attended a Muslim school in Indonesia for 2 years
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by tpeazy »

the_partisans wrote:Frame it? I thought we all agreed we'd paste these up when we got em...
That's the spirit.

If you paste yours I'll come and take a photo of it and make a silver and black screen-print of the photo :mrgreen:
Ernesto
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by Ernesto »

tpeazy wrote:
the_partisans wrote:Frame it? I thought we all agreed we'd paste these up when we got em...
That's the spirit.

If you paste yours I'll come and take a photo of it and make a silver and black screen-print of the photo :mrgreen:
classic idea tpeazy. i think shep would think that was dope and smeared at the same time. hah. Which reminds me of two weeks ago when i was assisting ron english on a print project and he comes in with billboard sized computer outputs at top noch quality and when i asked him what they where for he said for the STREETS. Ron breaks his wallet for those billboards you see on the streets to get printed so I really appreciate them while they are up. And he also mentioned to me that once him and shep went out bombing and shep was flipping out that ron was pasting those outputs up.
http://www.hechoconganas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
funkguru
Posse

Post by funkguru »

Arkitip has this for sale....looks like $140 for those that missed out. Steep price for a print that hasnt broken $100 in the secondary market yet.

http://www.arkitip.com/printed-matter/fairey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

Just wondering if anyone has framed this bad boy yet. I keep forgetting I have it, but it would look pretty cool up on the wall. I think this print has been slept on long enough...Im determined to make it my next framing project, aside from my dad's xmas gift!
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

This print arrived today from the surprise drop last week.

It is an absolutely gorgeous print. :D

Love the 24x24 size as well.

Thanks Obey!