GTA 4

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

Jive turkeys all talkin' about blu-ray. My classic 1985 TV makes sweet love to the analog signal, but you couldn't pay it to even acknowledge those cocky digital newcomers. There's going to be a lo-def 360 frag fest coming to a living room near me soon.

See you other 360 freaks in Liberty City!
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
tpeazy
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by tpeazy »

Tad Ghostal wrote:Jive turkeys all talkin' about blu-ray. My classic 1985 TV makes sweet love to the analog signal, but you couldn't pay it to even acknowledge those cocky digital newcomers. There's going to be a lo-def 360 frag fest coming to a living room near me soon.

Amen to that
Bamboozle
Posse

Re:

Post by Bamboozle »

Tad Ghostal wrote:Jive turkeys all talkin' about blu-ray. My classic 1985 TV makes sweet love to the analog signal, but you couldn't pay it to even acknowledge those cocky digital newcomers. There's going to be a lo-def 360 frag fest coming to a living room near me soon.

:wink:
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

Just got back from Gamestop...Installing on the PS3. Pretty stoked.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Mr Murk on xbox360 - Should be on most of the night, hit me up if you want to play....
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
JackMama
Giant

Post by JackMama »

Reviews? Thoughts? or are you guys to busy playing to check the board today.....I have to wait til after work.
This aggression will not stand.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

I played for a few hours last night. No online play, but regular storyline and was extremely impressed. The graphics are amazing and load time is surprisingly slow. Have fun playing.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Online is really fun, the physics in the game are verrrry realistic. I lke the descriptions of how your were killed or killed somebody as well...

robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Got my copy in hand.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

played it today, gotta say i think it was overhyped. it is cool but the controls are a bit choppy i think, especially the driving. have not got to play online yet maybe that will be cool :)
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

saintjordan wrote:played it today, gotta say i think it was overhyped. it is cool but the controls are a bit choppy i think, especially the driving. have not got to play online yet maybe that will be cool :)
i agree that the controls take some getting used to, but this is the first gta i have really gotten into so maybe that is why

there is no way that this game could live up to the hype, but the little that i played it yesterday i think it will come close

the physics are killer. the first time that i slammed into a wall at full speed only to fly out of the windshield...i was grinning from ear to ear :mrgreen:
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Played for about an hour last night. It is a good game, but I'm not having fun yet. I still need to get used to the controls. I'm too used to playing Vice City on the PSP.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

I don't know, I am really digging it. Once you get used to the driving controls its fine. I will agree though that the first few missions were slow, but it's starting to pick up now.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

robotoil wrote:Played for about an hour last night. It is a good game, but I'm not having fun yet.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

I started having fun with this yesterday. The physics are very accurate. The cops are tough. Everything is super detailed. The dialog is very good. The missions are starting to pick up. Now, if I could just stop getting out of the car on a wild turn when I just want to pull the hand brake. :-)
JackMama
Giant

Re:

Post by JackMama »

robotoil wrote:I started having fun with this yesterday. The physics are very accurate. The cops are tough. Everything is super detailed. The dialog is very good. The missions are starting to pick up. Now, if I could just stop getting out of the car on a wild turn when I just want to pull the hand brake. :-)
You can change the controls to the classic setup, but i ended up switching back to the new controls.
This aggression will not stand.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

have any of you guys went to the bar w/ roman to get drunk?

the drunken controls are spot on :wink:
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

skoola wrote:have any of you guys went to the bar w/ roman to get drunk?

Nope. But I did find the go-go. Had a few private dances. Then bumped into the wrong guy. Got into a fight. Had to shoot the bouncers. They called the cops. Then I got killed. :lol:
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: Re:

Post by MrMurk »

robotoil wrote:

Nope. But I did find the go-go. Had a few private dances. Then bumped into the wrong guy. Got into a fight. Had to shoot the bouncers. They called the cops. Then I got killed. :lol:
Thats is awesome, I have to get going on single player for sure..

Rib$
Punk

Post by Rib$ »

i love the game i sat outside of gamestop for midnightmadness to get it
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re: Re:

Post by Gigantico »

robotoil wrote:

:lol:

Sounds about right. The drunk feature is rad and the cops do seem tougher.

I LOVE this game. The depth and thought put into everything you do is unmatched in video games. You'd have to sit with this game a long time before you saw, heard and felt everything.

The GPS and cab systems are cool although they can take away from actually exploring the city, which is an amazingly large place. I was lost the other day and was just walking through some miscellaneous dark alley and there was trash blowing around and different graffiti on the walls. I stopped by the comedy club and watched Katt Williams' set which was pretty funny.

I could go on and on because there are so many good things going on in this game. Since there doesn't seem to be any progression(increasing stamina, driving skills or weapons skills), this GTA is the easiest one to play out of the box.

Since I don't play constantly, this game should keep me occupied for quite some time.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Oh yeah, I haven't felt the need to try any of these, but here they are, known 360 cheats(more will probably surface in time):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360 ... 33037.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Claw Hammer
Posse

Re: GTA 4

Post by Claw Hammer »

Brighton beach...er, I mean Hove beach, is done really well, feals like your really there.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

Claw Hammer wrote:Brighton beach...er, I mean Hove beach, is done really well, feals like your really there.
I can't wait to see what they did for Manhattan.
Claw Hammer
Posse

Post by Claw Hammer »

robotoil wrote:
Claw Hammer wrote:Brighton beach...er, I mean Hove beach, is done really well, feals like your really there.
I can't wait to see what they did for Manhattan.
I am looking forward to the industrial wasteland of Alderney city. I wonder if my hood is in the game.