GTA 4

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
JackMama
Giant

Re: GTA 4

Post by JackMama »

Claw Hammer wrote:
robotoil wrote:
Claw Hammer wrote:Brighton beach...er, I mean Hove beach, is done really well, feals like your really there.
I can't wait to see what they did for Manhattan.
I am looking forward to the industrial wasteland of Alderney city. I wonder if my hood is in the game.
I had my first mission to the South Bronx....so cool.
This aggression will not stand.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

Yeah, Manhattan is pretty awesome. They did a great job with Central park area and Times Square.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

I figured out how to get into Manhattan without completing the required missions. Just grab a Suburban or any other car that can climb stairs and tear up the steps that cross over the bridge. No barricades there, but once you get over there you are enemy # 1. So, do your sight seeing quickly. If I could find a car wash or hideout I could probably lose the cops. Oh yeah, I went for drinks. The motion controls are spot on. I was laughing my a_s off!
JackMama
Giant

Post by JackMama »

When i got drunk with Roman, I stumbled into a couple of people and they kicked my butt. funny
This aggression will not stand.
nearcyde
Posse

Post by nearcyde »

played GTA4 on both systems and I have to say that I like it better on the 360....played some online last night and had a kick buttocks time with some online friends.

Oh and they did a great job on Times Square and Central Park. ;)
Shonquan
Giant

Re:

Post by Shonquan »

nearcyde wrote:played GTA4 on both systems and I have to say that I like it better on the 360
So what made it better on the 360?
extremeimages77
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by extremeimages77 »

Shonquan wrote:
nearcyde wrote:played GTA4 on both systems and I have to say that I like it better on the 360
please do tell...i need to play this game but need to buy a system this week...thanks in advance
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

get that ps3 friend...
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

extremeimages77 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:
please do tell...i need to play this game but need to buy a system this week...thanks in advance
I was reading today that, in August, Rockstar will be releasing 2 downloadable episodes exclusive to the 360. That may change by that time but it said there would be an additional 10 hours of gameplay for each episode. Also, as previously mentioned, there is/was a $50 gift card at bestbuy.com when you purchase a 360 + GTA IV.

Also, as previously mentioned, with PS3, you get an experimental Blu Ray DVD player. :P
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

Just got the game for 360 and I have been on the multiplayer games like a fiend! Gamer tag is JBOOG1E if any one wants to Hooride!
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

Gigantico wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:
I was reading today that, in August, Rockstar will be releasing 2 downloadable episodes exclusive to the 360. That may change by that time but it said there would be an additional 10 hours of gameplay for each episode. Also, as previously mentioned, there is/was a $50 gift card at bestbuy.com when you purchase a 360 + GTA IV.

Also, as previously mentioned, with PS3, you get an experimental Blu Ray DVD player. :P
i read somewhere that gta4 is freezing up on ps3 and people are loosing their saved games...thats the only thing thats holdin me back....but the blueray makes it so tempting...i figure the future games will be better on ps3 too
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Bamboozle
Posse

Post by Bamboozle »

hmmm I saw that on 360 images are sharper and more defined. I solved the problem with raising contrast and brightness on my TV :lol: no freezes for me on PS3 yet
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

Bamboozle wrote:no freezes for me on PS3 yet
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

extremeimages77 wrote:i read somewhere that gta4 is freezing up on ps3 and people are loosing their saved games...thats the only thing thats holdin me back....but the blueray makes it so tempting...i figure the future games will be better on ps3 too
i haven't heard one thing about that and haven't had any issues on my ps3.... but i did read today that the graphics are a bit better on the ps3 but i haven't seen it on the 360 to compare.

and the bluray player is awesome.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

fribhey wrote:
and the bluray player is awesome.
If you have an HD-TV than go with the PS3, especially if you dont care about online play :D
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

the freezing thing was not a console or game glitch, but a rockstar server glitch. If you had your PS3 connected to the internet your saved games wouldn't load because rockstars ps3 network was freaking out. People thought it was corrupt saved data and deleted it without checking out forums first. All you had to do was unplug the console and you were fine.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

saintjordan wrote:If you have an HD-TV than go with the PS3, especially if you dont care about online play :D
i like online play.... and i like the PS3's FREE online play even more and when Home finally comes out it will make xbox live look like a joke :wink:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

Shonquan wrote:the freezing thing was not a console or game glitch, but a rockstar server glitch. If you had your PS3 connected to the internet your saved games wouldn't load because rockstars ps3 network was freaking out. People thought it was corrupt saved data and deleted it without checking out forums first. All you had to do was unplug the console and you were fine.
did you have to be playing online or just connected to the internet? mine is always connected but i'm not a crazy gamer who plays all the time and haven't had too much time to play it.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

you just had to have the ps3 connected to the internet. For some reason when you load a game it accesses rockstars server.
nixon451
Giant

Post by nixon451 »

My only piece of advice is, if you're looking to buy any platform, get the extended warranty. My consoles seem to crepe out every couple of years. Best Buy has never given me any grief about turning in a broken Dreamcast for a PS2, or a broken Xbox for a working Xbox360.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

robotoil wrote:
Bamboozle wrote:no freezes for me on PS3 yet
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
nearcyde
Posse

Post by nearcyde »

extremeimages77 wrote:
Shonquan wrote:
I just like the gameplay and controls better on 360 then on the PS3..also while playing the PS3 would have some minor frame rate issues as suppose to the 360... and load times are much better on 360 then on PS3. I like PS3 but something they have still have not fixed with developers is load times and frame rate issues on most games! Also no rumble controller with PS3 still! I know its not a big deal but it does add to the experience of playing games.. and online play while it is "free" its no way near XBOX Live. Also the extras you get when you buy it for 360 is a plus.

Dont get me wrong....I will be buying my own PS3 just for Blu Ray and MGS this summer... but I still enjoy my gaming experience on the 360 (as long as it doesnt die :lol:) more than PS. Just my .02 cents.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

i heard that you get $5 h@ndjobs from the GTA hookers on the ps3, while they cost $10 on the xbox 360
nearcyde
Posse

Post by nearcyde »

thats ok just take your money back. ;)
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

skoola wrote:i heard that you get $5 h@ndjobs from the GTA hookers on the ps3, while they cost $10 on the xbox 360
360 Rates

$20 - 2nd Base
$50 - 3rd Base
$70 - All of the above + Homer!

8) :lol: