!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
*devo*
Posse

Re: Re:

Post by *devo* »

barbee wrote:
*devo* wrote:
fribhey wrote:
mrchopchop wrote:Its the email LAG sent out about Josh Keyes
reminds me of the bogus cease and desist letter that baxter tried to convince everyone that obey sent him but it turned out to be a simple cease and desist template found online:
Of course if OG was gonna send a cease and desist letter it wouldn't surprise me if they used a template and not an attorney given their "frugalness" in not updated their system.

Lol, I'll do it pro bono for OG. In exchange for one of every print, that is...
Are you an attorney fro real?
cubbiephan
Punk

Post by cubbiephan »

pretty nice. DD is a real nice guy. most everything on the wall was already sold becasue rotofugi put them up online before the show started, but there were some 4th edition "please don't worry" on green paper for sale and a cool looking box set of prints for 400 bones.

honestly.....looking forward to more at flatstock.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

This completely reminds me of the Hope fiasco except I haven't gotten up at three in the morning yet to have a go at it. I did get a Hope print and I have high hopes for this one! I don't understand why they can't just take down the site, load the print, and then get it back up and running? They did this for Hope and it seemed to work fine. I remember there was a message with the OG Icon and then all of sudden it was up.
I love my STi.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

Yes!! I am now a "swindler" and not a "punk" anymore!! I have been promoted!
I love my STi.
*devo*
Posse

Re:

Post by *devo* »

sti2relaxxin wrote:This completely reminds me of the Hope fiasco except I haven't gotten up at three in the morning yet to have a go at it. I did get a Hope print and I have high hopes for this one! I don't understand why they can't just take down the site, load the print, and then get it back up and running? They did this for Hope and it seemed to work fine. I remember there was a message with the OG Icon and then all of sudden it was up.
Exactly, compared to the Hope drop OG seems rather indifferent. I know they care, but they don't mind postponing, having posters pass info along. For HOPE they did everything to get it up as soon as possible, icluding locking us out on the second day. But for the HOPE I would have gone three days, as much as I love this print I am not sure about 3 days!
Last edited by *devo* on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_partisans
Posse

Post by the_partisans »

Last edited by the_partisans on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedoguy wrote:barack attended a Muslim school in Indonesia for 2 years
*devo*
Posse

Re: !OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Post by *devo* »

the_partisans wrote:
Sorry guys, lighten up, it's only a $35 screenprint :wink:
ONLY a screenprint?...ban!!!!!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

the_partisans wrote:
displaced bear wrote:
the_partisans wrote: Obey Giant
haha ridiculous... "oneygiant@gmail.com"
durn, busted :lol:

haha, not really... :roll:

F^uck off, you deserve a ban.
truthiness
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by truthiness »

barbee wrote:
*devo* wrote:
fribhey wrote:
mrchopchop wrote:Its the email LAG sent out about Josh Keyes
reminds me of the bogus cease and desist letter that baxter tried to convince everyone that obey sent him but it turned out to be a simple cease and desist template found online:
Of course if OG was gonna send a cease and desist letter it wouldn't surprise me if they used a template and not an attorney given their "frugalness" in not updated their system.

Lol, I'll do it pro bono for OG. In exchange for one of every print, that is...
probeyt?
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
the_partisans
Posse

Post by the_partisans »

Last edited by the_partisans on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
speedoguy wrote:barack attended a Muslim school in Indonesia for 2 years
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

I wonder how yoyoyo feels about all this?
I love my STi.
star e nite
Punk

Post by star e nite »

I am simply baffled about the inability to get this print up in under 3 days!! This is defiantely alot like the Hope offset release but at least with that, they got it up by like 8 or 9 pm on the second day. and that was the Obama Hope offset for crying out loud! Is this print really more popular/sought after than Hope, or wtf is going on??! I have to work tommorow and im pretty bummed about not being able to get this after trying for so many hours!... But to be fair, I have gotten pretty much every other release lately with relative ease (except for rock the vote) - which again makes me wonder: is it the less than perfect server/system causing the hold up or are there really just that many people who want this print?
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

Nevermind. They logged off before I could submit my post. Zero post person (what a surprise).
I love my STi.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

I think a hell of a lot of people want this print. This is the first propaganda-esque print released this year. In my opinion this type of work is Shepard's best.
I love my STi.
thentherewasone
Giant

Post by thentherewasone »

I just don't get why they are even announcing the drop time. It would seem that they had several chances to drop it throughout the day while the server was running well. They could even drop it now
sojahseh
Punk

Post by sojahseh »

thentherewasone wrote:I just don't get why they are even announcing the drop time. It would seem that they had several chances to drop it throughout the day while the server was running well. They could even drop it now
What do you think OG's hours are, just out of curiosity? 10-6?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

the_partisans wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
the_partisans wrote:
displaced bear wrote:
the_partisans wrote: Obey Giant
haha ridiculous... "oneygiant@gmail.com"
durn, busted :lol:

haha, not really... :roll:

F^uck off, you deserve a ban.
Right, as if anyone would ever believe that post for more than a minute. DId you really think Shep would sit down and pick out his favorite 450 numbers? :roll:

You're all way too stressed out over here. Have a laugh for a sec alright. :wink:
Posting false info from OG = BAN.

Again, not funny.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Man why can't OG get their sh!t together? I have to actually do some work tomorrow. :roll:
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
thentherewasone
Giant

sojahseh wrote:
thentherewasone wrote:I just don't get why they are even announcing the drop time. It would seem that they had several chances to drop it throughout the day while the server was running well. They could even drop it now
How about you tell me, smart guy

I'd imagine that they have people their from 9-5 at the very least, don't they run marketing out of the same offices

*btw post 666
sojahseh
Punk

Post by sojahseh »

thentherewasone wrote:
sojahseh wrote:

I'd imagine that they have people their from 9-5 at the very least, don't they run marketing out of the same offices

*btw post 666
Nice on the post number. I was seriously asking, no sarcasm intended. You think they have people there now?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

sojahseh wrote:
thentherewasone wrote:
sojahseh wrote:

*btw post 666
Nice on the post number. I was seriously asking, no sarcasm intended. You think they have people there now?
Only if they have an assignment due to a client tomorrow and, if they're smart, they know to never have assignments due to clients on Fridays.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
thentherewasone
Giant

sojahseh wrote:

:D Sorry, I'm a bit hypersarcastic. I would doubt that they have people there now normally. Its 8pm there now, though I'd imagine that the vast maority of people on this board have worked late once in a while. You would think that in the interest of making some money and actually getting the print out they'd get one button pusher to stay until the server was running well. Its not like it takes 20 people to put it up
*devo*
Posse

Post by *devo* »

thentherewasone wrote:
sojahseh wrote:

:D Sorry, I'm a bit hypersarcastic. I would doubt that they have people there now normally. Its 8pm there now, though I'd imagine that the vast maority of people on this board have worked late once in a while. You would think that in the interest of making some money and actually getting the print out they'd get one button pusher to stay until the server was running well. Its not like it takes 20 people to put it up
With that said. It is completely ridiculous that one person can't pull some overtime to get the print up when thousands of people have been refreshing for 2 days!
sojahseh
Punk

Post by sojahseh »

admonkey wrote:
sojahseh wrote:
thentherewasone wrote:
sojahseh wrote:

*btw post 666
Only if they have an assignment due to a client tomorrow and, if they're smart, they know to never have assignments due to clients on Fridays.
Post 71 by the way.

So no two people huddled in a server room trying to upload this? I was kinda figuring everyone had gone home by now. Tomorrow's another day
thentherewasone
Giant

sojahseh wrote:
So no two people huddled in a server room trying to upload this? I was kinda figuring everyone had gone home by now. Tomorrow's another day
Another day without a new print :(