!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
DunDun
Giant

Re: !OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Post by DunDun »

sojahseh wrote:
thentherewasone wrote:I just don't get why they are even announcing the drop time. It would seem that they had several chances to drop it throughout the day while the server was running well. They could even drop it now
What do you think OG's hours are, just out of curiosity? 10-6?
Correct(I think). Pretty sure this was posted a long time ago during the Obama fiasco and this is what one of the Studio #1 employees said.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
sojahseh
Punk

Post by sojahseh »

thentherewasone wrote:
sojahseh wrote:
Nice on the post number. I was seriously asking, no sarcasm intended. You think they have people there now?

:D Sorry, I'm a bit hypersarcastic. I would doubt that they have people there now normally. Its 8pm there now, though I'd imagine that the vast maority of people on this board have worked late once in a while. You would think that in the interest of making some money and actually getting the print out they'd get one button pusher to stay until the server was running well. Its not like it takes 20 people to put it up

No apologies necessary, I'm a big fan of sarcasm. I'm trying to put myself in the room where this all goes down and see if its locked and dark, so I can at least begin the process of putting tis to bed for the night.

Reminds me of A-Trak

Third Day's a Charm?
*devo*
Posse

Post by *devo* »

Wasn't the first Progress dropped at a random time in the middle of the night?
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

*devo* wrote:With that said. It is completely ridiculous that one person can't pull some overtime to get the print up when thousands of people have been refreshing for 2 days!
No, THIS is completely ridiculous...

"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
marEK"
Punk

Post by marEK" »

Who remembers when progress was up at 12:45am? I know I do. I believe Weston threw that up, so who's to say they can't do it again?
Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what your country HAS done TO you.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

admonkey wrote:
*devo* wrote:With that said. It is completely ridiculous that one person can't pull some overtime to get the print up when thousands of people have been refreshing for 2 days!

and how!
on point like a decimalist?
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

admonkey wrote:

Holy cannoli! His or her's face is painted like a geisha!
I love my STi.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

sojahseh wrote:So no two people huddled in a server room trying to upload this? I was kinda figuring everyone had gone home by now. Tomorrow's another day
They're a tiny design studio, not a tech lab. The server won't be on-premise. I imagine they have access to an admin back end of their website and, if a problem blows past that, they're six-degrees away from being completely lost. It's more analogous to a local real estate office, where people know their very defined specialty really, really well, than to the Google Campus where tech is spoken as easily as English.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

[quote="marEK""]Who remembers when progress was up at 12:45am? I know I do. I believe Weston threw that up, so who's to say they can't do it again?[/quote]
This was the reason I set my alarm for 3am EST for the Hope print. Good god that stunk!
I love my STi.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

yoyoyo- Hello hello hello!
I love my STi.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

And gone again!
I love my STi.
*devo*
Posse

Post by *devo* »

[quote="marEK""]Who remembers when progress was up at 12:45am? I know I do. I believe Weston threw that up, so who's to say they can't do it again?[/quote]

Well they could do it again and they should have planned to. Unfortunately, OG keeps telling the exact time and postponing instead of riding out the storm and dropping it on the sly. I am a fan of communication, but not if it's gonna create more confusion and delay the drop.

Here's the thing though, OG is between a rock and a hard place because if they don't say anything then people are gonna be annoyed that they are refreshing all night and OG didn't tell them to go to bed and if they postpone it because they are uncertain they can drop it (and don't want to make us wait all night) then people are mad because they assume OG COULD have dropped it.

Postponing it until tomorrow was probably the right choice, but saying it would drop at 3 o'clock today was plain dumb.
sti2relaxxin
Posse

Post by sti2relaxxin »

I wonder if a special "drop" code should be made up that changes at each print release so the lurkers won't be able to log into the latest anticipation thread to see if the print dropped?
I love my STi.
CAallDAY
Swindler

Post by CAallDAY »

my god this is lame
obeymyfists
Punk

Post by obeymyfists »

Lurking is fun though. I go on mainly to read the banter to kill time while I wait for the page to refresh. Its nice hearing the print is up, but I always get mad when someone posts a confirmation number and I still haven't got the page to even load yet
b0ner
Punk

Post by b0ner »

CAallDAY wrote:my god this is lame
QFT!
obeymyfists
Punk

Post by obeymyfists »

My lurking actually did some good. I was on EB and they posted that you can't add anything to your cart, I tried it and its true. So even if they did drop it now, no one could buy it. Hope that gets fixed soon
Petro
Swindler

Re:

Post by Petro »

obeymyfists wrote:My lurking actually did some good. I was on EB and they posted that you can't add anything to your cart, I tried it and its true. So even if they did drop it now, no one could buy it. Hope that gets fixed soon
Just tried it and you're right -- you can't add anything to your cart. Crapville.
elmoroxxxors
Punk

Post by elmoroxxxors »

this is pretty sad
l-trains
Punk

Post by l-trains »

this sucks, i was hoping a midnight release,, seems not
b0ner
Punk

Re: Re:

Post by b0ner »

Petro wrote:
obeymyfists wrote:My lurking actually did some good. I was on EB and they posted that you can't add anything to your cart, I tried it and its true. So even if they did drop it now, no one could buy it. Hope that gets fixed soon
Just tried it and you're right -- you can't add anything to your cart. Crapville.

But maybe thats tied into the whole print release issue. i dont think it would be two different problems. They'll probably have everything working when the print drops.

Hopefully.
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

reminiscing about olde times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHlExtyG6o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our influence will be gigantic.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

l-trains wrote:this sucks, i was hoping a midnight release,, seems not
what would make you think they would release it during a time when the site is actually loading? they'll announce the release time tomorrow and then scratch their heads as to why the server is overwhelmed and then taken offline 10 minutes before the release.
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by tlh1005 »

hercylicious wrote:never 2 without 3

same place , same problems tomorrow , how does the hosting company works on the cart system anyway ? as far as i know its not the hosting company that install the site for you ... sigh
Many hosting companies are a one stop shop. They primarily sell hosting services but then also do web development. Then there are Web developers who primarily design websites but offer an entire package including the hosting which they're just reselling. As a developer I might write code and then host it on the service I think is good for me, but some people don't know or care to know the ends and outs; they just want a website up and running and one point of contact is the best way for these types.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Yawn. Whelp, that's that I guess.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman