!OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
*devo*
Posse

Re: !OFFICIAL! Duality of Humanity !ANTICIPATION THREAD!

Post by *devo* »

Molotov Man wrote:Their system sucks, man with all the money they have why can't they put in a system where I can get a print everytime?
And if I miss out, their system still sucks, I think I'm just going to send them $50 and hope they send me a print.
When Shep comes out w/ a print I don't like, well Shep better call me and asked me how I would change the image.
In fact, I think I'm just going to show up at Studio Number One until they put me on the payroll.

WTF????????????

Shep has quite a few other things to worry about than weather you get a print or not.

This was said quite a while ago: "If you don't like the system, then don't try and get a print"

Eveyone who is trying for this print has gone through the same thing, It sucks, yes but that the way it is.

MM

Hmm. Well, I see where you are coming from but I disagree for the most part. Just because the fans on this site complained about the drop (and justifiably so), it doesn't mean they should not try to get a print. I don't think it is unreasonable to demand a decent drop as a fan/customer. Also, I think you got carried away with the slippery slope of "Shep should put in a better system" to "I want to be on the payroll."
doc biz
Punk

Post by doc biz »

Just curious,
when people purchase limited prints from other artists sites, is there ever a delay as bad as this?
( other than banksy's releases )

Also, can any1 lead me to some other artists sites who release prints consistenty and have good product, Jus got a new place and want to decorate the walls with some cool prints. so any artist sites would be helpful..

(I know there is a section where this gets covered but I've read through it and now just wanted to see if any1 had any new suggestions, also since I saw a couple other artists sites mentioned earlier getting compared to obey's checkout process)
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

*devo* wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:Their system sucks, man with all the money they have why can't they put in a system where I can get a print everytime?
And if I miss out, their system still sucks, I think I'm just going to send them $50 and hope they send me a print.
When Shep comes out w/ a print I don't like, well Shep better call me and asked me how I would change the image.
In fact, I think I'm just going to show up at Studio Number One until they put me on the payroll.

WTF????????????

Shep has quite a few other things to worry about than weather you get a print or not.

This was said quite a while ago: "If you don't like the system, then don't try and get a print"

Eveyone who is trying for this print has gone through the same thing, It sucks, yes but that the way it is.

MM

Hmm. Well, I see where you are coming from but I disagree for the most part. Just because the fans on this site complained about the drop (and justifiably so), it doesn't mean they should not try to get a print. I don't think it is unreasonable to demand a decent drop as a fan/customer. Also, I think you got carried away with the slippery slope of "Shep should put in a better system" to "I want to be on the payroll."
I'm with MM on this one. I think it is unreasonable to "demand" anything from Shepard.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

what did I miss?
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

WTF????????????

MM
Very well put!
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

I didnt see the new delay posted on OG. I saw the one from the other day but not this new delay posting....
mr_balut
Posse

Post by mr_balut »

will it be posted soon that this print will be up for grabs today?

Weston?
Defy+ "It's my wife's fault I battle Obey's shopping cart!"
email: paypal.swords@gmail.com
http://www.jade-swords.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-----------
WTB:
OBEY:
Burmese Monk
Pow(er)
Dali Lama
Elephant
Palestine / Israeli
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

circa77 wrote:I'm with MM on this one. I think it is unreasonable to "demand" anything from Shepard.
Are you kidding me?? I demand that he produce something which I can buy for $50 and sell the very next day for $400 EACH AND EVERY WEEK!! It is my right!! :)

Re:

Post by blazedoutbee »

Johnster0228 wrote:I didnt see the new delay posted on OG. I saw the one from the other day but not this new delay posting....

I don't see it either.
obbi
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by obbi »

blazedoutbee wrote:
Johnster0228 wrote:I didnt see the new delay posted on OG. I saw the one from the other day but not this new delay posting....

I don't see it either.

This is the new one ... the old post referenced 7/17 which this one does not do... they just left the original post date.
everything i'm sayin i'm super sayin LIKE GOKU
elmoroxxxors
Punk

Post by elmoroxxxors »

people are blind nowadays...open ur eyes
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

blazedoutbee wrote:

I don't see it either.
It's the first post on the OG site.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

brintoul wrote:
circa77 wrote:I'm with MM on this one. I think it is unreasonable to "demand" anything from Shepard.
Are you kidding me?? I demand that he produce something which I can buy for $50 and sell the very next day for $400 EACH AND EVERY WEEK!! It is my right!! :)

Now I know what a "True Fan" really is, thanks for your support Brintoul. I'll get you a print out right away.

xoxo Shepard

:lol: :lol:
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

I have no idea why Shep continues to sell $35 prints to a bunch of whiners......
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

There is nothing wrong with asking and, frankly, expecting better service from their online store. He is not god, we are not children. I don't know what the equivalent would be for a real-life store, but it would certainly not have the lame rationalizations given here (and thankfully not by anyone who runs their store). Should customers not have basic expectations for any store? It's unacceptable for any business, period.

With that said, I'm satisfied that they're willing to post an apology (which they have on both days); and inform customers who emailed that it wasn't going to happen. I hope they sort this out on their end because it sounds like they're frustrated too.
Last edited by Bobak on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

considering today looks unlikely, do you think we're looking at Saturday or sometime next week for this to drop?
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
Johnster0228
Giant

Re:

Post by Johnster0228 »

elmoroxxxors wrote:people are blind nowadays...open ur eyes
Hey new guy..Fvck you! :twisted:
truthiness
Giant

Re:

Post by truthiness »

Bobak wrote:There is nothing wrong with asking and, frankly, expecting better service from their online store. He is not god, we are not children. I don't know what the equivalent would be for a real-life store, but it would certainly not have the lame rationalizations given here (and thankfully not by anyone who runs their store). Should customers not have basic expectations for any store? It's unacceptable for any business, period.

With that said, I'm satisfied that they're willing to post an apology (which they have on both days); and inform customers who emailed that it wasn't going to happen. I hope they sort this out on their end because it sounds like they're frustrated too.
Well, it's in Shep's best interest to get this store thing under control... I know the guy's got a lot of cashflow, but I'd imagine not getting his $15,750 this week by being unable to release this print isn't something that hasn't hit the radar at Studio One. Even Shep's got bills to pay.

And think about it, that's one heck of a profit margin.
Last edited by truthiness on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

obbi wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:

I don't see it either.

This is the new one ... the old post referenced 7/17 which this one does not do... they just left the original post date.
Thanks Obbi...the 7/15 date keeps throwing me off...
*devo*
Posse

Re:

Post by *devo* »

Bobak wrote:There is nothing wrong with asking and, frankly, expecting better service from their online store. He is not god, we are not children. I don't know what the equivalent would be for a real-life store, but it would certainly not have the lame rationalizations given here (and thankfully not by anyone who runs their store). Should customers not have basic expectations for any store? It's unacceptable for any business, period.

Well said. This is my position and I am very happy OG postponed it early. Good idea.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Johnster0228 wrote:

Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Re:

Post by Molotov Man »

1. that is bs: Shepard is God.

2. If you don't like the system, don't try and get a print. People have been complaining about the system (I for one) right after, Bayonettes and Chinese Soldiers 2 dropped.

3. people are still going to b1tch about something. You can have the expectation of the store running better but, if you don't get a print...It wasn't good enough.

Get real here.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

I say they should do free shipping on this print as a "courtesy". They could make it $40 with free shipping and nobody would be the wiser.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:
Johnster0228 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

I just got an email back from Obey, I asked earlier today if there are any updates, and they said they will post a new time and date once they are sure the site is working.

"We all thank you for your patience as we work to resolve an ongoing issue with our website." - Obey Giant staff

I thought that was cool of them to say.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!